• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick7
    Locker #92
    • Mar 2005

Alex Smith

Anyone else thoroughly impressedwith the second half this guy had in last night's game?

BTW, Frank Gore is #1 in the league for rushing yards.
    Go Huskers.
  • LbloodOjunkieG
    blackness and silence
    • Sep 2004

I am impressed with the progress he has made since last year. He still has a ways to go though.

Frank Gore is a beast. I really hope he can stay healthy, I love watching him play.

Comment

• nebs
      Practice Squad
      • Jan 2005

That 4th QTR was very impressive by Alex Smith and the 49ers. Norv Turner is a great coordinator to have for a young QB.

One thing also, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think so) Alex Smith is younger than Cutler, Leinart and Vince Young. So although he has played in a few more games than the other youngsters, he is still younger than them.

Comment

• Nick7
        Locker #92
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by nebs
        That 4th QTR was very impressive by Alex Smith and the 49ers. Norv Turner is a great coordinator to have for a young QB.

One thing also, as far as I know (I could be wrong but I don't think so) Alex Smith is younger than Cutler, Leinart and Vince Young. So although he has played in a few more games than the other youngsters, he is still younger than them.
        By a few games, you mean about two more seasons?
        Go Huskers.

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
          Is this the real life?
          • Jul 2005

If Alex didn't come out 2 years ago, I honestly believe he would've been a Bronco instead of Cutler.

Comment

• nebs
            Practice Squad
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nick7
            By a few games, you mean about two more seasons?
            Uhh no? Alex was a rookie at this time last year. He played about half of last season and was injured for a chunk of it.

Comment

• Tracker
              Practice Squad
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
              I am impressed with the progress he has made since last year. He still has a ways to go though.

Frank Gore is a beast. I really hope he can stay healthy, I love watching him play.

I agree with all of that.

Tracker - Bleeding Red and Gold till the day I die.

Comment

• kmartin575
                Bench Warmer
                • Apr 2005

Anyone else thoroughly impressedwith the second half this guy had in last night's game?

BTW, Frank Gore is #1 in the league for rushing yards.
                Yeah, #1 in the league in yards after having played one more game than any other runningback. That is going to change on Sunday. Both LT and LJ will pass him up again.
                "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• WABronco
                  I'M driving the bandwagon
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kmartin575
                  Yeah, #1 in the league in yards after having played one more game than any other runningback. That is going to change on Sunday. Both LT and LJ will pass him up again.
                  Well that definitely takes the shine off.............

Comment

• nebs
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jan 2005

Either way you look at it, the 49ers are a team in building mode. And from the looks of it it's not Cleveland Brown or Detroit Lion building mode.

They have something like 9 picks in the first 4 rounds of next years draft and have the MOST cap money of any team to spend. Although a lot of teams have money to spend as well.

Comment

• Nick7
                      Locker #92
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kmartin575

oh, well excuse me.

I guess he's basically worth nothing now, right?

silly me...
                      Go Huskers.

Comment

• Nick7
                        Locker #92
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by nebs
                        Uhh no? Alex was a rookie at this time last year. He played about half of last season and was injured for a chunk of it.

Cutler has started two games, Alex Smith was the the starter all of last season, except for the games he was injured in. Not to mention, all of this year.

C'mon, you're a Bronco fan too, what's you're point?
                        Go Huskers.

Comment

• cinnamunmun
                          Killer Tofu
                          • Oct 2005

Cutler has started two games, Alex Smith was the the starter all of last season, except for the games he was injured in. Not to mention, all of this year.

He's saying Alex Smith COULDN'T have played 2 more seasons than Cutler.

Seeing as he hasn't been in the NFL for 2 seasons yet....

Comment

• Nick7
                            Locker #92
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                            He's saying Alex Smith COULDN'T have played 2 more seasons than Cutler.

Seeing as he hasn't been in the NFL for 2 seasons yet....
                            I said, ''ABOUT'' two seasons.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but it seemed like he was tryign to make a point that he's on the same level (experience-wise) and just performing better.

Considering he's a Bronco fan, I found that strange.
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

• SF49erFaithful
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jun 2006

Actually, Alex Smith didn't even start until week 5 last year. Plus, he got injured in the 6th game of the season, I don't remember if he finished out that game where he got injured though. He missed 5 games after the game he was injured in.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Alex and think he has improved a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is younger than Leinart, Young, and Cutler. In addition, this is his first year in the system he is in. Last year the OC was McCarthy, which was a different scheme than Norv Turner's.

As for Gore, he is great.

Frank Gore, you heard it first
                              Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 12-15-2006, 10:48 PM.

Sig by PsychoZombie

Comment

Working...
                              X