Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp
    And im sure there is, maybe it has to do with a RB only averaging 1 yard after
    contact with Al Wilson, where as the 1.7 yards after contact with Fletcher. There
    are a few stats that can prove he deserves it, but there are more that say he
    shouldnt have.

Then why are you so bent that he made it?

As fact? Fact... why yes i can easily PROVE the Pro-Bowl not selecting the best
    players. How you might ask? It is stats, and i will throw in something else....
    Not only did Fletcher do better than Wilson, he played on a worse defense, had
    more third down stops than Al Wilson had this year. Ok, not enough? Ian Gold
    and DJ Williams both accounted for more of Denvers third down stops than
    Wilson, where as Fletcher accounted for more third down stops then any 2 Denver
    LBs combined.

Now, that is a fact.... A fact is true as long as it can be proven to be true, i proved
    it true.... So your post is
    im sorry but this post is dumb. the fact that a good player can be in on more plays in a less talented defense says nothing. the fact that al wilson is getting the plays he is despite being part of a very talented defense says even more about him as a player.

the chiefs also have a better front 4, allowing the lbs to get to ball carriers easier. with the broncos front 4, al wilson becomes a blocking assignment for one of the opposing offensive linemen. al wilson is being accounted for.

im tired of this thread, players and coaches voted him to be the starter, they know entirely more than anyone else discussing this...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    im sorry but this post is dumb. the fact that a good player can be in on more plays in a less talented defense says nothing. the fact that al wilson is getting the plays he is despite being part of a very talented defense says even more about him as a player.

the chiefs also have a better front 4, allowing the lbs to get to ball carriers easier. with the broncos front 4, al wilson becomes a blocking assignment for one of the opposing offensive linemen. al wilson is being accounted for.

im tired of this thread, players and coaches voted him to be the starter, they know entirely more than anyone else discussing this...
    Also if Fletcher is so great why does his defense suck?

Who else made it at LB? Maybe Grids issue is with him?

Get used to it dude....This is how Grid rolls.

He'll be back to tell us how much he "owns" us....Or "rents"us? Whatever!

As for your last statement.....You know more than most! Believe me!
    Well said though!
    Last edited by stnzed; 12-21-2006 at 05:10 PM.

guys...... don't argue with charlie brown. this is the same guy who had a long argument with some broncos fans, saying that charlie frye was much better than jay cutler earlier this season

Hitting a sensative spot with the Broncos, i understand...
    A little to the left, please. Ah, that's the spot!

Many ex-NFL players have said the Pro-Bowl was a more social event than a football
    game, may ex and current NFL players have said it doesnt matter to them, and
    im gonna guess many more will in the future.
    I'm sure some of them don't care. But you're lumping all the players together and claiming "they" don't care. You have no clue about how many of them care about it or not. A few players saying they don't care does not make it true for all or even most of the players.

As far as you thinking thier opinions
    are all mighty is kind of out there too. How do you know there is a not a single fan
    out there with more football knowledge than a coach or a player.. Do think that
    is impossible?
    Certainly it's possible. But you're once again lumping all players and coaches together. A particular fan might know more than a particular player about the statistics involved. But in general the players and coaches are going to have a first hand knowledge of the other players that the nerdy fan at his computer staring at the stats can't possibly obtain.

Fantasy football has made way too many people think they know more about football than they actually do. It's a fine pastime but doesn't replace being a part of the game for a living.

See i can tell what it is despite my homerstic feelings, NO way should KWJ be left
    out of the Pro-Bowl, TG should make it over Gates, but even if you wanted Gates
    over TG, Winslow should be in there over TG. Tony won soley on who he is, not
    what he did. Same goes for Al Wilson, only there were a few players that deserved
    it over him.
    Great. That's your opinion but fortunately for Gonzalez the people with more firsthand experience than you disagree.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

For the first half of the season we had the best defense in the league and he was the centerpiece. All you had to do was see the Seattle game and what the defense went to after he left the game.

Al just started getting respect recently...
    [IMG]http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/1272/alwilsonownsusig4lu.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by wojo2024
    Here's some Stats of a pair of Linebackers in the AFC...

95 tak, 0 ints, 1 sack, 0 TD's 4 passes defended

131 tak, 3 ints, 2 sacks, 2 TD's, 9 passes defended

The first one is your boy, Al Wilson, the second one...is a man who DID NOT make the the pro bowl...who is he? London Fletcher, MLB Buffalo Bills
    The probowl is just popularity contest. Dont get to worked up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUT33
    My teacher's Cousin is Andra Davis, She said she going get me his autograph
    I'm jealous.

You have to love how worked up people get about the voting and "snubs". Then when the game rolls around in feburary no one cares enough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    Let's look at the last two seasons and compare the stats of the players shall we?

There is LB#1 and there is LB#2. You tell me who is making a bigger impact on his team given the stats alright?

LB #1

2005 15 Games 72 Tackles 3 Sacks 8 PD 2 FF 1 FR
    2006 14 Games 95 Tackles 1 Sack 4 PD 1 FF

LB #2

2005 16 Games 149 Tackles 2 Sacks 1 Interceptions 3 PD
    2006 14 Games 104 Tackles 2 Sacks 2 Interceptions 1 PD 1 FF

Clearly LB#2 has been far better. No doubt about it.

LB#2 = Andra Davis
    Tackle count isn't always a good thing.
    He could be making tackles 10yds past the line....which means he's not making much of a difference, is he!

PD's mean more, imo.....breaking up a pass that could go the distance is actually a game changer.

Quit crying, for crying out loud......

....give him a while....he'll be on the broncos roster before you know it...THEN he can make the Pro Bowl.......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFanatic
    Once again, its a popularity contest, andre davis/ kameron wimbley had a better year than all wilson, but hey, its ok
    Al Wilson won a popularity contest? Surreeeeeee.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    Tackle count isn't always a good thing.
    He could be making tackles 10yds past the line....which means he's not making much of a difference, is he!

PD's mean more, imo.....breaking up a pass that could go the distance is actually a game changer.

Quit crying, for crying out loud......

....give him a while....he'll be on the broncos roster before you know it...THEN he can make the Pro Bowl.......
    Interceptions are not game changers?

Plus your comment about him 'becoming a Bronco' is nothing but trash.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Al Wilson won a popularity contest? Surreeeeeee.
    Thats what I was just thinking after looking through some of these posts again. Who knows about Al Wilson outside of Denver fans and maybe AFC West fans? Ray Lewis, and Urlacher are the only household names when it comes to MLB. The only thing I can think of is that he got in on votes from the coaches and players. If hes popular with them, thats a good thing, because that means his name pops into their heads when they're thinking of the top MLBs in the league.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos