Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    If we would sign him, could we negotiate his old salary down. I know it prob.won't happen, i just would like to see us have more FA money to work with since we're so close to greatness.

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    All personal feelings aside, I think Griese would be valuable as a back up. He's familiar with the system and some what young. I think a lot would depend on what kind of salary he'd want to make. Just my thoughts...

Nuff said...
    But would he accept a backup position, having been the starter? That's always been a concern of mine. I don't know what goes on in Griese's head, but a lot of athletes who were starters at one time or another would consider it too much of a come-down to be a backup.

He better get used to it cause he couldn't beat out Feebs in Miami. And he's one of the worst starters in the leauge.

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
    He better get used to it cause he couldn't beat out Feebs in Miami. And he's one of the worst starters in the leauge.
    Technically, he is one of the best backups, not the worst starter. He wasn't good enough to start
    Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

I cannot seriously believe you guys are serious about him coming back! He got run out of town with a posse hot on his trail. Every columnist, fan, announcer, player hated this guy and his 'don't give a *****' attitude. I would bet a weeks wage that he will NOT be back in a denver uniform(NFL, that is )
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Griese lost out to fiedler cause they did not give him chance. They replaced Griese at the first sign of trouble biggest mistake they ever made.And it showed with fiedler throwing the game against NE away.It cost them a playoff spot
    2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!
    [IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1255/kenoyripsit28sig2zd.jpg[/IMG]

Originally posted by Judrock
    I can see Denver getting Couch if available but no more of beurlein please he has won 2 games out of 12 since being in denver let him retire pleaseI know for a fact greeeezeee was better than him!!!
    Honestly I don't see the Broncos getting Couch, because of cost. Beuerlein had to be talked into coming back one season and even though he didn't preform all that well, his understanding of the offense still helped Jake's progress.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Who will back up JAKE???

Originally posted by Judrock
    Who will back up JAKE???
    I hope Kannell comes back in if Jake gets hurt. Although he didn't win, he did perform well. Look at his Minnesota game, he almost brought us back from a loss..
    Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Keeping Kanell imho would be better than keeping JJ. Kanell did beat out Jackson for the third string qb spot and that was without the benefit of four years in system. If Kanell is given the opportunity to learn the entire offense I have no doubt he would better in the long run than Jackson would be.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Keeping Kanell imho would be better than keeping JJ. Kanell did beat out Jackson for the third string qb spot and that was without the benefit of four years in system. If Kanell is given the opportunity to learn the entire offense I have no doubt he would better in the long run than Jackson would be.
    I think, regaurdless of his winless career, Kanell is a great back up. He performed great in the Vikings game, and if we weren't so far in the whole, we could have won.