Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hoping for Indianapolis

I dont know about all of you but I am hoping the Colts lose and the Patriots win this week. Assuming we beat San Fran this would put us in the 5th seed and Indy in the 4th seed.

I dont think anything could be better than playing Indy on a losing streak of 4 out of 5 games and having the Bells go to work on them. While it was nice to knock off the Patriots last year (and it would be good again this year) I really want to knock the Colts off in the post season after what they have done to us in the last 5 years.

So this weekend Im going for Miami to upset the Colts.

Wouldn't we play the 2nd seed and the third and fourth seeds would play?

Are you kidding...at the moment Indy has our number and we have NE number...I would rather have to play NE instead.
    Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Historically we match up much better against the Patsys.

#3 seed plays #6
    #4 seed plays #5

#1 and # 2 have byes

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime5
    Wouldn't we play the 2nd seed and the third and fourth seeds would play?
    Easy way to remember the best plays the worst.....

First round...
    1st, 2nd bye
    3rd plays the 6th
    4th plays the 5th

Second round...

1st would play the lowest seeded team remaining
    2nd would play the other team.

Third round...
    whos left.....
    Last edited by Bronco4l1fe; 12-26-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    Historically we match up much better against the Patsys.

#3 seed plays #6
    #4 seed plays #5

#1 and # 2 have byes
    Damn you beat me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by bshaw36
    I dont know about all of you but I am hoping the Colts lose and the Patriots win this week. Assuming we beat San Fran this would put us in the 5th seed and Indy in the 4th seed.

I dont think anything could be better than playing Indy on a losing streak of 4 out of 5 games and having the Bells go to work on them. While it was nice to knock off the Patriots last year (and it would be good again this year) I really want to knock the Colts off in the post season after what they have done to us in the last 5 years.

Hard to say which.

Both would be favored over Denver.

I don't think we'll ever beat the Colts with Coyer calling the plays on D (not to mention our many other problems).

We've had the Patriots number in the past, but can our D stop Brady and Co. like they did last time? I don't think so. And a rookie QB against a complex Belichick D that thrives in the playoff atmosphere? Yeah, I don't like that at all.

I think Denver just needs to play well from their end. No matter where the chips fall.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

That's what I thought but I forgot about the byes.

Rather face the crusty rusty Pats then the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4l1fe
    Are you kidding...at the moment Indy has our number and we have NE number...I would rather have to play NE instead.
    Yes, it would be great to beat the Colts but they have a large mental edge on us right now while we have the same edge on the pats. And I'm pretty sure the pats play on grass and not in a dang carpetted bowl. The Jets only lost to Indy by 3 early in the season so we'll let them take out the Colts for us.

Here's my wildcard/playoff predictions

WCs
    Denver over NE
    Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
    Denver over Baltimore
    Jets over Colts

AFCC
    Denver over Jets IN DENVER
    Last edited by SkyFlash1; 12-26-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Does it really matter? I know that this is in other posts but first we have to hope for the playoffs period (lets not overlook San Fran and I think KC can handle Jacksonville).

Assuming we get in, we'll be facing a team that is hot, that will be difficult to beat at home, that has a winning tradition coming into it. While there are numerous subtleties like:

a) Colts have our number
    b) Colts have our number
    c) Colts have our number
    d) Colts have our number
    e) We have the Pats number

in reality both would be difficult wins for us (not to say that there isn't hope, just that its difficult, for different reasons, in BOTH possibilities).
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlash1
    Yes, it would be great to beat the Colts but they have a large mental edge on us right now while we have the same edge on the pats. And I'm pretty sure the pats play on grass and not in a dang carpetted bowl. The Jets only lost to Indy by 3 early in the season so we'll let them take out the Colts for us.

WCs
    Denver over NE
    Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
    Denver over Baltimore
    Jets over Colts

AFCC
    You have the Jets over Colts in the WC and divisional rounds.

Are you kidding me? Even with the colts struggling as of late....I still have nightmares of them. Give us NE every time. We own them patsies. Why fear belichik? He's not playing. Patsies are an over-rated team. They got bums for WR's and their secondary ain't **** except Samuel. We can run on them and pass on them. Indy on the other hand....has had our number for the longest and I don't see that changing until they lose Harrison or Wayne....or until Coyer gets fired lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlash1

WCs
    Denver over NE
    Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
    Denver over Baltimore
    Jets over Colts

AFCC

Hmm, I think you mean Jets over the Bolts (unless there has been a major change in how the playoffs are structured - allowing the Colts to play a double elimination - that I am not aware of - although with Peyton Manning anything is possible)

Even so, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I think you are living in an altered reality if you think the Jets can beat both Indy and the Chargers (they barely made it past the Dolphins last night).

And I think, should Denver play well enough, or be lucky enough to make it to the AFC Champ Game, it will either be Colts or Bolts that we play. Either would be a colossal upset and require a gargantuan effort by Denver to advance to the SB!
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

i'd rather get the pats any day over indy, they've had our number for years ... our d makes their o look invincible.. just take a look at history..