Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

whats the feeling about our playoff chances?

i think we will beat SF, be the #5 seed and go to NE.

i think this is a year too early for us, i think we have a great foundation at the moment with some fantastic young talent. the future 'three amigos' stand out - cutler, schef + marshall.

once you are in the playoffs then anything could happen and we certainly have alot of talent (alot more then the jets who i despise and are likely to be #6 seed but thats another story)

even if we are one and done i think it would help cutler and some other young one's to have some playoff experience.

i feel we are one or 2 good DL away from having a complete D (i like ferguson and lynch at safety for 2-3 more years) and the O should be good with the youth having exp., lepsis coming back and i feel the one BIG need on offense is sorting the running game out.

mike bell impresses me at times with his cutback skills, determination, power and heart but sometimes he seems a little small and not good enough against the better D's (e.g. PITTS.).......he sometimes gets 'swallowed up' by DL but i know he is young and the OL has had problems. his speed is probably just about good enough.

i did like tatum but his hands are a question and he is too inconsistent, he seems to wear down over a game/season after strong showings against NE and BALT.

i don't mind a 2 back rotation but not if they are 2 'average' backs which i fear they 'could' be.

i like our chances against new england
    hopefully colts continue to fall apart to give us some sort of chance
    we could def outplay the jets
    i like to think that the chargers couldn't beat us 3 times in one season, and rivers has been struggling lately
    i'm pretty worried if we face baltimore, even though i'm really not sure what makes them good besides ed reed...

i don't completely rule out making a run of some sort, but i also will not be completely surprised/dissapointed if we go 1 and done... i'm just glad to be in the post season, looking forward and hoping!

just getting cutler in there to get some playoff xp will help greatly next year, as far as this year goes...I could see us up-ending the pats with no problem....after that it might get a little rough...

I agree the playoffs would be really nice for the youngsters. The problem is that we have so many holes that need to be fixed like the DL! I do think Elvis played a good game for us and has been a good player for us this year.

Do you think Elvis starts next year?
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

I'd rather play Indy.

Sanders is gone and Clark probably won't be back, so with their non-existent D I'd rather face them again than try our encouraging offense against NE. I think we can win both games, because both teams are nearly as beat up as we are (check the injury report at NFL.com; SD and Baltimore are in much better shape) but I'd rather play a team with a great offense and no D than one with a good offense and D. Cutler and Co. look good, but realistically, the best D they've played is SD; they've yet to face a true test against someone like NE. Add in the absence of Lepsis and the fact that (apparently) Meadows isn't healthy enough to sub for Foster and NEs OLBs could destroy us. I don't want to see Cutlers first playoff run end the way Carson Palmers did, thanks just the same.

I'd start Mike Bell the rest of the season; he converts short yardage and stays healthy. I just wish he could pass block, but Tatum's not much better at that, has had lower averages in the past weeks and kept the Been-Gals and Cards in games we should win easily by giving them "make up" TDs.

If we get it together I thing we would have a chance against anyone in the playoffs, but SD and NE are more balanced and the two teams who'd worry me most.

Anything is possible. What happened in the regular season between the Pats and Broncos doesnt matter anymore. The records are 0-0. I do feel good about the matchup though due to the fact that Denver usually plays well against N.E.!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    i like our chances against new england
    Your D is slower, your RB's are winded and BB knows how to confuse a rookie QB.

Pardon The Interuption, but I like our chances against Denver.

this weekend we will beat the niners and get into the playoffs.

cutler 16-28 for 189 and 3tds

walker 8rec 115 yards

bell 18 carries 89 yards and 1TD.
    [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/lynch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/rodsmithsig66yy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Anikai
    just getting cutler in there to get some playoff xp will help greatly next year, as far as this year goes...I could see us up-ending the pats with no problem....after that it might get a little rough...
    I totally agree. I dont think we'll go far in the play-offs this year, but I think it'll be a great experience for our youngsters. I think in a year or two we'll defentally be back in the mix of things. I think people have to realize were in a rebuilding process and were still making it to the play-offs at least so far. I tip my hat to all the youngsters and Shanny for accomplishing what they have this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsCrowEater

I would too. Especially since there's a rookie as the starting QB.
    It'll be interesting to see what the Pats do to him..........that's if the Broncos make it.

To bad your coach has no idea what to do against us.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    To bad your coach has no idea what to do against us.
    He will this time around. Your LB's were very quick in Sept.

They're not too quick anymore.

He will this time around. Your LB's were very quick in Sept.

They're not too quick anymore.

How are they not too quick anymore? That was an extremely moronic statement btw.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1986
    How are they not too quick anymore? That was an extremely moronic statement btw.
    Are you not watching the games?

Here's your LB trend over the course of the season:

We should get the WC and if we get to play the patsies we should have no problems getting into the playoffs.