View Poll Results: who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

91 76.47%
  • Indianapolis

28 23.53%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Indianapolis or New England?

Who would you rather play in the playoffs, Indianapolis or New England... if we are the 5th seed we play the 4th seed. if we are 6th, we play 3rd. I would rather play Indianapolis since they are stumbling like the last 3 years, but on the other hand, new england we have beet already this year, but it wasnt an outstanding margin. You pick which is team is easier, and with our luck we will get the harder one, but it still wont be a challenge since we are the broncos!!!!11111one one one.

Manning loves our no-pass rush defense. I don't want to see him again until we upgrade defensive line. And Shanny just seems to have the Patriots' number.

Give me the Patriots any day of the week... particularly Sunday.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

No Question, NEW ENGLAND!!!

Brady lacks a steady Wr, he passed to 11 differant targets last week. He wont be able to find that many open recievers on our secondary. We beat them once this year and have a solid record against them (including face-offs in the playoffs). The defence isnt what it used to be.... I would rather face a somewhat dimineshed Patriots team than face a payton manning led offence on our d.

i rather play the colts. so we can get that monkey off our backs.
    [IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/lynch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/brew323/rodsmithsig66yy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorebronco
    No Question, NEW ENGLAND!!!

Brady lacks a steady Wr, he passed to 11 differant targets last week. He wont be able to find that many open recievers on our secondary. We beat them once this year and have a solid record against them (including face-offs in the playoffs). The defence isnt what it used to be.... I would rather face a somewhat dimineshed Patriots team than face a payton manning led offence on our d.
    Have you checked the stats? Pats D have only allowed 14.3 points per game my friend.

And I find it funny that you feel Brady spreading it to 11 different receivers is a Patriot weakness.

That's one of the reasons why NE has won 3 SB's this millenium and Denver has won zero.

NE is the embodiment of TEAM.

Colts because of two reasons- Tatum and Mike Bell. We can run all over them
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Ask me any other year over the past Peyton seasons, I'd say NE. This year is different, however. I think we would catch the Colts at the right time... a "window of opportunity," if you will.

I'm a little leery of NE. They have a huge axe to grind with us.

I can't believe anyone would want to pick the Colts.. in the dome!!! New England no question in my mind

This week could prove to be very interesting if the Colts honk it to the Dolphins like they did in Houston. I know I'm rooting for the Pats to win against the surging Titans for sure. I don't want to have the Colts Run Defense happen to show up for the game like they did when Cincy came into town. That would allow Manning to put on a show like he always seems to do when the D holds the other team off just enough.

Brady says he likes his chances, but when there is the lurking psychological aspect like there is in the Denver-New England-Indy hate triangle, its best to go with what we know here I believe. My gut would be in knots all week with flashbacks of 87 on Roc Alexander and then D. Williams if we had to face the Colts on the first weekend of the playoffs. I don't think the Broncos would overlook either team, but I definately feel they would over-analyze and over-prepare for Manning and the Colts, whereas with the Pats I think the team would be adequately prepared while not getting psyched out.
    Last edited by MTRaiderHater; 12-27-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmitty7
    I can't believe anyone would want to pick the Colts.. in the dome!!! New England no question in my mind
    Hee! Yeah, but Cutler is used to playing in domes. He's the fifth Beatle!

I think we can beat both, but I feel we have the better chance against New England. Shanny has Bellichick's number any given day, especially on Sundays, and the Colts' rush defense is, eh, not what most would call good. Or Mediocre.
    DARRENT WILLIAMS
    1982-2007

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

I'm weary of both.

NE looks scarier then they did when we played them earlier this season since their WR core has had time to get to know Brady and vice versa, and their passing game will be more potent then in our previous game this year. All that "we beat them last time" stuff doesn't really fly my flag personally. I'm a big believer of any given sunday type of stuff, anything can happen. Maroney still looks good as well, with Dillion providing an excellent power running change of pace, even though Bellicheck still seems to like to play Dillon more. However our secondary looks much more capable of stopping their WR core compared to the Indy alternative.

The Colts on the other hand seems less effective when defending against the run, Denver's bread and butter, and with injuries to their safeties, Indy seems to be giving up on the pass more often now to. However they have the best offensive line in the league when concerning pass protection IMO, and besides the obvious refrence to Payton, the Colts have arguably the best duo of recievers in the league.

All that being said, I prefer playing the Patriots for one major reason and a few minor ones. The big reason goes by the name Harrison and Wayne. Payton and Brady are both great QB's but what seperates them this season is the WR's they have to rely on. Harrison and Wayne are physical, smart, extremely fast and prove a problem for almost every defense, especially ones who have difficulty with the pass rush. On the flipside, I feel much more confident in Denver's ability to stop the run against the Pats, who have the better rush offense of the two IMO, then stopping Payton from finding an open Harrison or Wayne.
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 12-28-2006 at 12:37 AM.

The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Let's put it this way.

Patriots:

This year, we went into THEIR house, and killed THEM.

Colts:

This year, they came into OUR house, and beat US.

Take a guess who I'd rather face.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

colts beat us in their prime. we beat patriots in our prime.... since then we have a new qb.... THINK ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4
    colts beat us in their prime. we beat patriots in our prime.... since then we have a new qb.... THINK ABOUT IT.
    yer pretty wise for a kid of 15.