View Poll Results: who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

91 76.47%
  • Indianapolis

28 23.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 12and4
    colts beat us in their prime. we beat patriots in our prime.... since then we have a new qb.... THINK ABOUT IT.
    Jake played two of his best games all season against those two teams, so I don't think a new QB will sway the favor one way or another too much.

If we can't touch Manning we lose.

If Brady can't keep it together, and if the Pats can't stop the Denver O (Which is actually improving on a more consistant basis), then we win.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

i was just trying to say, we are another team now. we cant look at the past and favor a team we beat. we could very well lose to pats and beat colts...

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4
    i was just trying to say, we are another team now. we cant look at the past and favor a team we beat. we could very well lose to pats and beat colts...
    Any given sunday indeed.

But with your logic, we are just taking shots in the dark, completely blind guesses, no?

I'm using some basis, as up-to-date as possible, to give an idea for why I say what I am saying.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Normally I would be hesitant to take on Manning unless we could get him in our house. This year, though, the whole league has the Colt's number and it's the 32nd ranked rushing defense in the league.

Rushing offense also tends to be one of our strengths, provided we put Mike Bell in to start and let Tatum spell him for the big gains.

The key to beating Manning is to keep him off the field, and this year their rushing defense is so bad that it would be possible to eat up the clock, keep our Thunder and Lightning tandem pounding away at them and limit their production.

Plus, if we get the ball into the end zone (provided Tatum could find the handle on it, of course) regularly we make it that much harder for Peyton to kills us the way he has in the past.

I think this year we are much more balanced than in the past, can stop Manning's offense more than the Colt's defense can stop our offense.

No matter who we play, their offense is going to target DWill. I just like our offense and ball control game more against the Colt's defense this season than against the Pats.

Still, there is a lot to be said for playing a team whose number we have had for a number of years.

Interesting choice: choose the team who has had our number for years or the one whose number we have had.

I suspect this season would be the one to reverse the trend.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Nobody should want to play Tom Brady right now. Remember how Peyton Manning picks on our secondary by firing it to the open man? Well Tom Brady finally figured out how to do that. As for who I'd want to play first round? Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by LABRONCO
    i rather play the colts. so we can get that monkey off our backs.

I agree with you! If the Broncos had a consistent running game and some pass rush (only if Coyer would change his defensive scheme to be more aggressive) I know the Broncos could beat the Colts. But I am not as arrogant as some who think NE would be a pushover and a automatic win. And no I would not want to play Baltimore

Either one and I mean that. Imho Indy is ripe for the picking, because I think now we could hang with them, not in a shootout mind you but if its a close game I think we could pull it off.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-28-2006 at 06:25 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by PatsCrowEater
    Have you checked the stats? Pats D have only allowed 14.3 points per game my friend.

And I find it funny that you feel Brady spreading it to 11 different receivers is a Patriot weakness.

That's one of the reasons why NE has won 3 SB's this millenium and Denver has won zero.

NE is the embodiment of TEAM.
    I didnt say it wasnt still good! (in fact i have the patriots d as my starting d in my fantasy football league lol) But you have to admit the defence isnt as spectacular as it has been during the years of the patriots dominion. And what i mean by spreading the ball around is that Brady no longer has a steady reciever or a go to man any more. Believe it or not, brady might have all day to throw on our less than spectacular d-line, but the lb's and db's for the Broncos are top of the line. In my openion, having foxy at safety will help us vs the pats. Essentially it gives us another corner on the many different wrs that NE throws out there. I also never said anything about the patriots being bad, those 3 sb's were all well deserved and i respect your coach and the working as a team. But no offence, i rather face a Patriots team that isnt what it used to be, than a Payton Manning team that picks apart our zone like no ones business. The weakness of the Colts is the run d. the weakness of the broncos o, is the run game. We cant be consistant there, and tatum is on a fumbling tandom. We just dont match up good against the colts. We have a history (including earlier this very season) of soundly beating the patriots in this millineum. That includes those spectacular years of theirs.

Have you checked the stats? Pats D have only allowed 14.3 points per game my friend.

And I find it funny that you feel Brady spreading it to 11 different receivers is a Patriot weakness.

That's one of the reasons why NE has won 3 SB's this millenium and Denver has won zero.

I agree with you PCE the Pats have been playing much better, but Indy has torched Denver in Indy so many times that at least against NE we (Denver) has a chance to win.

In Indy I am not so sure.

Both matchups are tough. Stopping Manning, which Denver has done only once is tougher IMHO

I respect both of these teams Immensly though and Denver will have to play a perfect game to win against either team. No Interceptons for Cutler and the Pats/Indy will have to turn it over 2+ times and maybe Denver wins then.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    Either one and I mean that. Imho Indy is ripe for the picking, because I think now we could hang with them, not in a shootout mind you but if its a close game I we could pull it off.
    we would need Tatum and Mike Bell to combine for 200 yards rushing and NO TURNOVERS (this means yout Tatum ) to have a chance to win this game. It will be very very very tough though

got to be the colts, we can run at will against that D.

we can also chew up huge chunks of clock and keep manning off the field..

i believe coyer would blitz a lot more this time around.

the pats would be up for revenge, and with brady stretching the field with 4-5 receiver sets, we wouldn't have the secondary to cope.

we also wouldn't get much on the ground, as there run D is good.

Quote Originally Posted by buckland
    Hee! Yeah, but Cutler is used to playing in domes. He's the fifth Beatle!

Haha the fifth beetle, now thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by 24SuperChamp
    Haha the fifth beetle, now thats funny
    lol my signature says it all

No offense, PCE, but look at the teams that the Pats have faced during the second half of the season.

Jets - 20th in the league in scoring
    Green Bay - 23rd in the league in scoring
    Chicago - 2nd in the league in scoring*
    Detroit - 25th in the league in scoring
    Miami - 29th in the league in scoring
    Houston - 27th in the league in scoring
    Jax - 9th in the league in scoring* (however, they scored 21 points...more than 14.3 points anyway)

Far from high flying offenses that the Pats have faced. They have only faced 2 top 10 scoring offenses. In fact, their vaunted 14.3 points per game allowed is largely inflated because they shutdown the mighty juggernaut offenses such as Buffalo (6 points allowed), Minnesota (7 points allowed), Green Bay (0 points allowed), and Houston (7 points allowed).

Denver's offense is far from high flying. But since Cutler was made the starter Denver has averaged 25.2 points per game. Which is better than any team on the above list except Chicago. Throw in that Denver's defense matches up well against NE and Denver's history against NE in total and you can understand why Denver fans would rather face NE.

NE is a good team. They have a solid defense...especially against the run. I respect them and think that they are capable of beating the Broncos. But they are vulnerable and Denver has shown that they can beat them.

I'd rather play Indy, only because something about the Pats scares me. I think that the Pats would be looking for revenge after what we did last year in the post season. Indy has been playing soft lately and would perfer if we played Indy. But then again, last time I called Indy in the Post Season. The Bronco's got destroyed. I just hope we can win in the post season.