View Poll Results: who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

91 76.47%
  • Indianapolis

28 23.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Guys this is a no brainer. Go to NE because we have had so much success. I want to keep being the only team to beat Tom Brady in the playoffs. What a great title. I think we could put more points on them now then before b/c we got General Cutler out there with his 25 ppg instead of Jake with his 17 ppg. So yeah it'll be a totally different ballgame this time around but same result. Save Indy for the Championship game where they choke the most!!!

It's confusing to me why any fan would say I want to go into Indianapolis when they have our number. I know that it's a different year and a different team but lets face it, Denver has a harder time beating the Colts than any other team. We know that D. Williams would get matched up with Reggie and get smoked all game. Is there even a reciever threat that scares you on the Pats roster? An aging Troy Brown or a handmedown reciever in the name of Caldwell, the only reciever that would even cause a problem would be the rookie Jackson and I think Denver can handle a rookie. Denver would hand the Patriots thier second consecutive playoff loss if they go to New England.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by PatsCrowEater
    Have you checked the stats? Pats D have only allowed 14.3 points per game my friend.

And I find it funny that you feel Brady spreading it to 11 different receivers is a Patriot weakness.

That's one of the reasons why NE has won 3 SB's this millenium and Denver has won zero.

NE is the embodiment of TEAM.
    Dude......why NE cant Defeat the Broncos ??? can you answer me that ????
    i still can remmember when the broncos deffense just burried the Brady´s head in the field....
    that was so BRADIRIDICULUOUS !!!!
    it was a wonderfull day.....
    a new football ERA

Definitely the patsies. I had too many nightmares of the colts torching us. Patsies are the media favorites and that way they'll overlook us like they usually do. But either way if either team knows how to exploit mismatches with John Lynch, we're toast. Patsies barely beat the lions few weeks ago and brady looked awful. NO ONE on their offense scares me. While the colts have the 2 best WR duo in the league.
    Our talent on Defense is a mismatch for the patsies Offense. Don't forgot the patsies Defense is made up of bums and old players mainly the secondary. Why should we fear them? We shouldn't. We just need to go in Gillette stadium and punk them like we did last time. Just be more aggressive this time.

The Patriots...it will be tougher than last time, but we have the best shot against them out of anyone. Champ is playing unbelievably well, and they don't even have a #1 WR to begin with, and we would have a better chance against the Colts now that Tatum is healthy and we know how to beat them, but playing in Indi is never fun...
    [SIZE=5]I adopted [COLOR=Orange]Matt[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Lepsis[/COLOR]![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    No offense, PCE, but look at the teams that the Pats have faced during the second half of the season.

Jets - 20th in the league in scoring
    Green Bay - 23rd in the league in scoring
    Chicago - 2nd in the league in scoring*
    Detroit - 25th in the league in scoring
    Miami - 29th in the league in scoring
    Houston - 27th in the league in scoring
    Jax - 9th in the league in scoring* (however, they scored 21 points...more than 14.3 points anyway)

Far from high flying offenses that the Pats have faced. They have only faced 2 top 10 scoring offenses. In fact, their vaunted 14.3 points per game allowed is largely inflated because they shutdown the mighty juggernaut offenses such as Buffalo (6 points allowed), Minnesota (7 points allowed), Green Bay (0 points allowed), and Houston (7 points allowed).

Denver's offense is far from high flying. But since Cutler was made the starter Denver has averaged 25.2 points per game. Which is better than any team on the above list except Chicago. Throw in that Denver's defense matches up well against NE and Denver's history against NE in total and you can understand why Denver fans would rather face NE.

NE is a good team. They have a solid defense...especially against the run. I respect them and think that they are capable of beating the Broncos. But they are vulnerable and Denver has shown that they can beat them.
    Good post LDB and I admire you for slicing and dicing the stats in a manner you see fit. Allow me to do the same. The most points NE has given up in a single game was 27 to Indy. The only team to give up less points in a single game was Baltimore. Therefore, NE ranks # 2 defensively.

Meanwhile, Denver gave up 34 to Indy in October, 35 to SD in Nov. and a whopping 48 to SD in December! Not a great trend my friend.

The probability of NE picking apart your suspect D is very high. At the same time, the probability of Denver picking apart NE's "vaunted" D is very low, especially with a rookie QB and TE.

There's no vulnerabilty in New England. I hope and pray we face you again.

Cool I'd rather see the Broncos in Indy . . .

I'm tired of beating up on the pansie . . . oops, this is GD, isn't it? I mean the Pats.
    It would be much more of a thrill to beat Indy than to beat NE . . . again and again.
    We should have won that game against Indy, and the Broncos have something to
    prove.

Frankly, I think they can prove it.

-----

Good post LDB and I admire you for slicing and dicing the stats in a manner you see fit. Allow me to do the same. The most points NE has given up in a single game was 27 to Indy. The only team to give up less points in a single game was Baltimore. Therefore, NE ranks # 2 defensively.

Meanwhile, Denver gave up 34 to Indy in October, 35 to SD in Nov. and a whopping 48 to SD in December! Not a great trend my friend.

The probability of NE picking apart your suspect D is very high. At the same time, the probability of Denver picking apart NE's "vaunted" D is very low, especially with a rookie QB and TE.

No vulnerability? None? really? Thats interesting considering you got shut out by miami just a few weeks ago.

Talking

right, just like you picked us apart for a massive 7 points last time. . . .

i'll take either team, but gimme new england first-- looks like mr. crow eater here is getting hungry again. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

New England, I always like the appetizer before the main course.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

very nice... i like all your arguments... it seems we have an equal chance with both of them though... we have improved our game and so has new england, indianapolis lost there game.... so i think its fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    No vulnerability? None? really? Thats interesting considering you got shut out by miami just a few weeks ago.
    Yeah, wasn't that the same Miami team that beat the Bears 31-13 @ Chicago?

However, here's the definition of vulnerability:

Rams 18 - Broncos 10 (choke)
    Indy 34 - Broncos 31 (where's the D?)
    SD 35 - Broncos 27 (where's the D?)
    KC 19 - Broncos 10 (where's the O?)
    Seattle 23 - Broncos 20 (where's Jake?)
    SD 48 - Broncos 20 (You stink!)

Indy disappears in the playoffs, if there is any team that I would want to play (If my team even makes it) would be the Colts because of how badly they play in the playoffs.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

Sig by Sky.

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

and here i go.... patriots losses....

denver 17-7 (you tried your best)
    indianapolis 20-27 (wheres the o/d)
    Jets 17-14 (wheres the d)
    Miami 21-0 (where is everybody?)

Thanks, PCE, but I didn't slant stats. I posted the second half of the Pats season. That is it. I showed the offensive rankings for the teams the Pats faced. Nothing slanted at all...but I guess if it makes you feel better. It is true that the Pats are #2...but those stats are inflated because of the offenses they have played against and the ones they have completely shut down.

We weren't talking about Denver's defense. But I guess you just wanted to get the heat off of your team. We all know that Denver's defense has collapsed in the second half of the season. But getting blasted by the teams with the 1st (although the 14 of those 48 points were because of starting field position...if you watched the game, Denver went for 2 4th downs both inside the Denver 30 yard line setting up easie scores for LT..wasn't much the defense could do) and 3rd best offenses in the league isn't a surprise or anything. Both of those offenses are a lot more lethal than the Pats...so it isn't that big a deal to me. Like I said, Denver's defense lines up well against the Pats offense.

Denver's offense? Yeah, we got a rookie. Several of them in fact. And they are all contributing to the offense now. Like I said...over 25 points per game since Cutler took over. Which is better than any team NE has faced in the second half of the season...other than the Bears (and we all know that there offense is shaky at best).

The Pats could beat Denver. It could happen...they have a good team with a great coach. But Denver has done well against them in the past...they have gotten killed by Indy in the past. Which is why I would rather face them than the Colts.
    Last edited by LDB; 12-29-2006 at 10:09 AM.