Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Goofed up playoff seeding system?

The Chiefs beat out the Broncos for a playoff spot because of a better division record. How ever, Denver was much better verses the conference (8-4 compared to the Chiefs 5-7). Denver and Kansas City are both 9-7 and are 1-1 verses each other this season. I think the conference record should play a higher roll in the playoff seeding. Denver won 3 more conference games than the Cheifs, but the Chiefs get to go to the playoffs? This does not seem right. What do you think?
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

lets not stoop down to the level of the KC Chiefs owner calling for 8 teams per playoff conference because he never got in....

[nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer
    The Chiefs beat out the Broncos for a playoff spot because of a better division record. How ever, Denver was much better verses the conference (8-4 compared to the Chiefs 5-7). Denver and Kansas City are both 9-7 and are 1-1 verses each other this season. I think the conference record should play a higher roll in the playoff seeding. Denver won 3 more conference games than the Cheifs, but the Chiefs get to go to the playoffs? This does not seem right. What do you think?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Sooner born. Sooner bred. And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Uh, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I feel out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmitty7
    lets not stoop down to the level of the KC Chiefs owner calling for 8 teams per playoff conference because he never got in....
    that was Carl Peterson, Not Lamar Hunt, suckah.
    [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

How do you think they decided division standings??? Division games mean more. Don't cry because you guys couldn't handle your own business at home.

nope i disagree with that conference should only come after your division. Or else whats the point of even having a division to start with u would just have the NFC and the AFC conference and no such thing as win your division and The description your giving is more of a Fantasy football base and thats why its fantasy football What you should have done was not take the niners so Lightly at your own home.

I am not here to hate as i was hopin for a good game that yall would come out on top for the only reason being my mom is a broncos fan. But what can i say Broncos obviously didnt want it so now KC gets to go Rock INdy instead.

I'm fine with the setup. It makes the Divison games and rivalries more important.

I found this on the internet. From this, please someone explain KC over Denver.

Current playoff system
    The tournament brackets are made up of six teams from each of the league's two conferences, the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC), following the end of the 16-game regular season. As of 2002, the league aligned the teams under each conference into 4 divisions. Qualification into the playoffs are as follows:

The four division champions from each conference (the team in each division with the best regular season won-lost-tied record), which are seeded 1 through 4 based on their regular season won-lost-tied record.
    Two wild card qualifiers (those non-division champions with the conference's best winning percentages), which are seeded 5 and 6.
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

i don't have any problem with the system..

we need to care of our business..and we failed..

there is no excuse for that..

Chiefs certainly deserved it as they took care of JAX by beating them..

Yea, I think when it comes to Wild Card your CONFERENCE record should be more important. When it comes to winning a Division, your DIVISION record should matter more. No idea why they use division record to decide wild card.

So you should say a 3rd place Bronco team should go to the playoffs over a 2nd place Chiefs team??? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by David110
    So you should say a 3rd place Bronco team should go to the playoffs over a 2nd place Chiefs team??? Please explain.
    I'm saying that when you are deciding a tie-breaker for a wild card spot in the AFC Playoffs, the team that has played better in the AFC should get higher priority over a team that has played better in the AFC West. I think that makes more sense, and is going to put the team with the better chance to win an AFC playoff into the post-season more often then not.

Well, write a letter to the NFL Competition Committe

Quote Originally Posted by David110
    Well, write a letter to the NFL Competition Committe
    yea, I'll get right on that