Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Does it really matter? We would have been embarrased next week. Might as well get out now. KC is going to get embarrased as well and no way do the Jets beat New England. Let's face it, the top 4 teams in the AFC are in a league of their own. No wildcard will advance beyond the 1st round this year in the AFC. MARK MY WORD on this!

Quote Originally Posted by David110
    So you should say a 3rd place Bronco team should go to the playoffs over a 2nd place Chiefs team??? Please explain.

EXACTLY no way a 3rd place team should be ahead of the 2nd place. Just face it missed opportunity look forward to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer
    The Chiefs beat out the Broncos for a playoff spot because of a better division record. How ever, Denver was much better verses the conference (8-4 compared to the Chiefs 5-7). Denver and Kansas City are both 9-7 and are 1-1 verses each other this season. I think the conference record should play a higher roll in the playoff seeding. Denver won 3 more conference games than the Cheifs, but the Chiefs get to go to the playoffs? This does not seem right. What do you think?

QQ Much? Hahaha

The Chiefs beat out the Broncos for a playoff spot because of a better division record. How ever, Denver was much better verses the conference (8-4 compared to the Chiefs 5-7). Denver and Kansas City are both 9-7 and are 1-1 verses each other this season. I think the conference record should play a higher roll in the playoff seeding. Denver won 3 more conference games than the Cheifs, but the Chiefs get to go to the playoffs? This does not seem right. What do you think?
    This is funny, considering the timing.

Say you're a former Soviet state and you want to rule the planet. First, you have to defeat the other former states that surround you. (AFC West) Then you go after Russia themselves (conference, most likely Indianapolis) Then the rest of Eurasia, Africa, South America, North America, then the Superbowl.

Your system eliminates the entire reason why they have divisions in the first place. In your system, there should be 16 team conferences and not 4 division conferences. It also eliminates the importance of rivalries. Take care of those you face 2xs a year, then everybody else.

regardless denver doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

It is what it is.
    [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/djbuu/broncogummy.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/djbuu/dwill.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000
    regardless denver doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    and the Chiefs do? That team sucks!
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

I think if the Broncos had the stones to take a home game against an inferior opponent today, it wouldn't matter.

If anyone deserves a playoff spot its Tennessee.

Its sad when the AFC has the worse 5 seed over the NFC. The Jets are the least deserving team to get in.

Its a good point that you brought up...but with that being said we cannot complain because we controlled our own fate today and couldnt pull it out. We didnt deserve the a playoff spot.

Yeah, I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by David110
    So you should say a 3rd place Bronco team should go to the playoffs over a 2nd place Chiefs team??? Please explain.
    Regardless of the fact that it's (apparently) a Chiefs fan saying it and is screws us and helps them. A 2nd place division team shouldn't lose out to a 3rd place team from the same division. Which is why the tiebreak system is the way it is. What I object to is the fact that if the Jets had lost, the Titans won etc. there'd have been a ton of 9-7 teams, all of whom had worse Conference records than our 8-4, but we still wouldn't have gone because the Chiefs Conference record was too crappy to beat anyone but Tennessee (which is why a Jets loss couldn't help us. ) So even among non-divisional teams the tie break goes

Step 1: eliminate Denver because KC's ahead.

Step 2: eliminate Tennessee, then KC because they're Conference records are so awful.

I don't disagree with KC going ahead of us if we both have the same record, because they're ahead in the Division, but I DO disagree with having every other team go ahead of us because KC has a better Division record, even though we have a far better Conference record than any other bubble team. Basically, as things stand our Conference record and everything else doesn't mean squat; the only way we could go with a loss and a KC win is if KC's the #5 seed. And to that I object most strenuously.

Face it, you all HATE that you helped the Chiefs do ANYTHING... let alone, get into the playoffs.

heh.
    [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

When determining who wins out for a division champ then division record should count, but not for the wildcard. Any other team doesn't have to deal with that.

You are trying to see who was better in the conference and not who beat the Raiders more times.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

We didn't today....

umm... what a bad thread.... i think its fair. if we are less in div games, and we are in their div, we should be under them