Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezer
    The Chiefs beat out the Broncos for a playoff spot because of a better division record. How ever, Denver was much better verses the conference (8-4 compared to the Chiefs 5-7). Denver and Kansas City are both 9-7 and are 1-1 verses each other this season. I think the conference record should play a higher roll in the playoff seeding. Denver won 3 more conference games than the Cheifs, but the Chiefs get to go to the playoffs? This does not seem right. What do you think?

Denver had as much of a chance today to be in the playoffs, both teams held their
    play off chances in their own hands today...I am sorry but I disagree with this...
    it could of well been Cincy instead of KC going but between these 3 teams KC is the only one that took care of business...
    Last edited by KCLadyFan; 12-31-2006 at 10:46 PM.

I've always thought it was stupid for the wild cards to be decided by the division records when the race for the wild card is a conference-wide competition. Oh well, I doubt this will be changed ever even though it actually is a little more logical.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by MNBroncosFan
    Does it really matter? We would have been embarrased next week. Might as well get out now. KC is going to get embarrased as well and no way do the Jets beat New England. Let's face it, the top 4 teams in the AFC are in a league of their own. No wildcard will advance beyond the 1st round this year in the AFC. MARK MY WORD on this!
    Turn off your homerism.......

KC's run game is legit!
    KC's run defense is legit!

I'd give KC more of a chance to win in the playoffs than I would the broncos........

...especially after seeing the team lay a King Kong sized egg out there today.

It was quite the movie......9'ers versus the Walking Zombies II
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore
    I've always thought it was stupid for the wild cards to be decided by the division records when the race for the wild card is a conference-wide competition. Oh well, I doubt this will be changed ever even though it actually is a little more logical.
    its only based on division when the two teams are in the same division. or else its by conf. so the reason we are under kc is that we have a worse div record then them, even though we have a better conf record.

Are you saying its stupid because it eliminated you from the playoffs.........Here is another way to look at it. When you were in the thick of things weeks ago, you switched QB's............Maybe that cost you too........We took care of business and got help from the 2 other teams.....Don't cry because it didnt benefit you. If the shoes was on the other foot and other scenarios played out, you would be asking for a revamp of the system

And I see some teams counting us out. Indy has not been playing well as of late and especially no name RB's having career games.............It could mark for a long day if LJ gets untracked

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000
    If anyone deserves a playoff spot its Tennessee.

Its sad when the AFC has the worse 5 seed over the NFC. The Jets are the least deserving team to get in.
    Huh? Titans finished 8-8, Jets finished 10-6. How are the Titans superior.
    This thread is just sour grapes.....nobody thinks about tiebreakers until it costs them the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by redrage
    Are you saying its stupid because it eliminated you from the playoffs.........Here is another way to look at it. When you were in the thick of things weeks ago, you switched QB's............Maybe that cost you too........We took care of business and got help from the 2 other teams.....Don't cry because it didnt benefit you. If the shoes was on the other foot and other scenarios played out, you would be asking for a revamp of the system

And I see some teams counting us out. Indy has not been playing well as of late and especially no name RB's having career games.............It could mark for a long day if LJ gets untracked

Yeah, you could say that the decision to start Cutler over Plummer cost the Broncos two home games this season, those being the loss to Seattle and this loss versus the 49ers.

I think that Denver would have lost to San Diego anyway with Plummer, and would still have beaten Arizona with Jake.

So, instead of 9-7, the Broncos would be 11-5 and in the playoffs as the #5 seed, going to New England.

[QUOTE=hilife]I'm fine with the setup. It makes the Divison games and rivalries more important.[/QUOTE

I am too fine with the system. Denver shouldn't get swept by any team in their division especially at home.

You can argue about the impact of the Conference record over the Division record, but I like them as they are. I'd rather seed a better record over a divison winners worse record.

Cutler will be better in th elong run anyways. Maybe Shanny was looking at it that way. I just found it strange at that point

Im still waiting for these Denver fans to answer this question with a since of logical
    thinking...

How would you put a team that finished 3rd in thier division over a team that finished
    2nd in the SAME DIVISION.

Answer that question actually making arguement against it, and i will agree...
    Although your wrong, you keep saying Denver has 3 more wins in the conference,
    well KC has more wins in the divison... Also Denver has more losses to the NFC,
    the less powerful conference yet Denver lost more games to them...

Even with all that said, if you can answer the above question making a since
    without trying to change the rules, i will agreee.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

I get that KC had a better rocord in the division and Im a true Denver fan. But in all the years ive never seen a it come down to one division for the final berth.

Well one thing makes no sense to me is the NFC berths were givin to the teams with the best record in the NFC games why was the AFC berth based on Divisions IF the AFC was berths were given based on how many games were won by the teams in the AFC alone Denver would be in Not Kansas City This boggles my mind.

Oh well guess cant help thinking that this year could be anybodies year there are strong teams out there but it only takes one loss to be out in the playoffs.

Cheers to all and Happy New Year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance
    I get that KC had a better rocord in the division and Im a true Denver fan. But in all the years ive never seen a it come down to one division for the final berth.

Well one thing makes no sense to me is the NFC berths were givin to the teams with the best record in the NFC games why was the AFC berth based on Divisions IF the AFC was berths were given based on how many games were won by the teams in the AFC alone Denver would be in Not Kansas City This boggles my mind.

Oh well guess cant help thinking that this year could be anybodies year there are strong teams out there but it only takes one loss to be out in the playoffs.

Cheers to all and Happy New Year!!!
    Im sure it has to do with Denver finishing third in the AFCW and the Chiefs
    finishing second in the AFCW. It would completely destroy football if you put a team
    that finished 3rd in the divison in the playoffs ahead of a team that finished second. It would ruin divisions and make them pointless.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Serious question, how long have you watched football? It happens a ton and the scenario is always expressed when the race is tight.

That's because no team in the same division in the NFC had the same divisional record. If they did, then that scenario would come into play. Since it didn't, they used conference records.

I am sure if the situation were reversed and Gridiron complained, you'd wonder where he was coming from since the Chiefs had a worse record in their OWN division than the Broncos. Now you see where we're coming from?
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 01-01-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hilife
    I'm fine with the setup. It makes the Divison games and rivalries more important.

Absolutley. Divison games should weigh much heavier then conference games, I like the way it is now, it didnt work out for us this year, no need to complain about it. Had we taken care of buisness we woudlnt even be having this conversation.