Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will Tatum be a Bronco Next year??

Yes or No??

personally i dont want him!
    hes gonna cost us games down the stretch!
    he makes me sick!

what do u ppl think??

No. He has talent but he's unreliable

I think he'll stay.
    Sooner born. Sooner bred. And when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Uh, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I feel out of place.

It depends on the type of FA running backs available and the value he would garner in a trade to help us move up in the draft (to select some DL help).

If Ahman Green or Fred Taylor hit the FA market, and we seriously do get some salary cap room, I woudln't mind going for one of them while we fix other aspects of the team.

Then when they get too old and grey, we can draft an early round RB.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
    Yes or No??

personally i dont want him!
    hes gonna cost us games down the stretch!
    he makes me sick!

what do u ppl think??
    Wow thats a good question. Not sure though. I mean if we get rid of him do we stick with MBELL?
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    It depends on the type of FA running backs available and the value he would garner in a trade to help us move up in the draft (to select some DL help).

If Ahman Green or Fred Taylor hit the FA market, and we seriously do get some salary cap room, I woudln't mind going for one of them while we fix other aspects of the team.

If I could swap out Bell for Green and he came on a reasonable contract, I'd probably do it. I'd have to consider adding a 'back through the draft as well to cover for Green's injury concerns...

i dont want another Fumbler!

i really Like Mike Bell but no one seems to think hes a Keeper

i just dont know what i want!

maybe next year i will have a decision (not that it matters)

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    If I could swap out Bell for Green and he came on a reasonable contract, I'd probably do it. I'd have to consider adding a 'back through the draft as well to cover for Green's injury concerns...
    Say we do get a good FA RB...

How far do you think we could move up in the draft if we traded our first Rounder, Tatum Bell, and our Third Round pick to another team for their first round pick (and possibly something back-up/role player).

My options for potential RBs this offseason (I'd rather get a 2-3 year transitional RB than a first rounder as our problems on D far outweigh our problems at RB, IMO).

[Green Bay]Ahman Green (FA)
    [Jacksonville]Fred Taylor (FA)
    [Tenesseee]Chris Brown (FA)
    [Chicago]Thomas Jones (Trade)
    (You know a lot about what goes around the NFL, any other interesting prospects? I'm just saying what's off the top of my head).

Actually... a trade for Thomas Jones wouldn't be too far fetched. (Tatum) He'd be an excellent compliment to Cedric Benson, IMO.

(Jones) He's still young, he's a tough runner and I'd think would do well in our system.

Mike Bell has proven to atleast be a valuable #2 RB, that could step in when needed.

Personally, while I don't think our running games main issue has been the RBs themselves (asides Bell's fumblng, thats on him), I think consistancy at the O-line, and at the O-line position would be key. We need a unit that can start the whole year, or most of it.

Losing Lepsis, shuffling between Meadows and Foster, it's been a mess up there in pass protection and run-blocking.

Hopefully with the additions of Chris Kuper/Chris Myers at RG next season, and an impending new RT, as well as Lepsis coming back at LT, we could see marked improvement in the running game.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Say we do get a good FA RB...

How far do you think we could move up in the draft if we traded our first Rounder, Tatum Bell, and our Third Round pick to another team for their first round pick (and possibly something back-up/role player).
    Well, trading 21 and our high 3rd gets us to around 15 or 16. I'd imagine that Tatum is worth a few more slots, so maybe around 12 or 13?

My options for potential RBs this offseason (I'd rather get a 2-3 year transitional RB than a first rounder as our problems on D far outweigh our problems at RB, IMO).

[Green Bay]Ahman Green (FA)
    [Jacksonville]Fred Taylor (FA)
    [Tenesseee]Chris Brown (FA)
    [Chicago]Thomas Jones (Trade)
    (You know a lot about what goes around the NFL, any other interesting prospects? I'm just saying what's off the top of my head).

Actually... a trade for Thomas Jones wouldn't be too far fetched. (Tatum) He'd be an excellent compliment to Cedric Benson, IMO.
    Out of that group I'd probably go with Green first, then Jones, Taylor, and finally Brown.

Another guy that I'd add is Dominic Rhodes. Smaller back, but he's very fast and athletic...plus he's a very good receiver. I wouldn't sign him with the intentions of giving him the no. 1 job though...he hasn't really done much since his first year.

Mike Bell has proven to atleast be a valuable #2 RB, that could step in when needed.

Personally, while I don't think our running games main issue has been the RBs themselves (asides Bell's fumblng, thats on him), I think consistancy at the O-line, and at the O-line position would be key. We need a unit that can start the whole year, or most of it.

Losing Lepsis, shuffling between Meadows and Foster, it's been a mess up there in pass protection and run-blocking.

Hopefully with the additions of Chris Kuper/Chris Myers at RG next season, and an impending new RT, as well as Lepsis coming back at LT, we could see marked improvement in the running game.
    The only spots on the line I feel good about are LG and RG (Kuper should be really good). The team seems to think that Lepsis will be back next year and ready to go, so that basically leaves C and RT leftover. Hopefully Pears can play a nice RT...that'd be swell.

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Well, trading 21 and our high 3rd gets us to around 15 or 16. I'd imagine that Tatum is worth a few more slots, so maybe around 12 or 13?

Now if some draft guru comes in and can say what DT's/DE's are available around then, we could get some interesting discussion on our pick.

Out of that group I'd probably go with Green first, then Jones, Taylor, and finally Brown.

Another guy that I'd add is Dominic Rhodes. Smaller back, but he's very fast and athletic...plus he's a very good receiver. I wouldn't sign him with the intentions of giving him the no. 1 job though...he hasn't really done much since his first year.

Rhodes is also an interesting prospect. If Mike Bell can get better conditioned, I'd like Rhodes as a good #2. He has some KR ability as well.

One thing I'm also interested in Green about is his desire. A good comment in the GB game is that he runs angry. That he does, and with guys who play with everything they have like Mike Bell and hopefully, Ahman Green, we could have a decent RB core.

The only spots on the line I feel good about are LG and RG (Kuper should be really good). The team seems to think that Lepsis will be back next year and ready to go, so that basically leaves C and RT leftover. Hopefully Pears can play a nice RT...that'd be swell.
    From what I heard Chris Myer's dad say, it might take him awhile to get used to the blocking system (Kuper), but if he is as good as everyone says he is, which I doubt because people overrate our "good" players but I think he'll be decent, then I'm pretty comfy there.

I'm comfortable with Nalen at Center, but if he does retire, Chris Myers could fill in, IMO.

An offseason of practice would do us all good. Cutler needs some practice with his center though, so we can avoid these Kyle Boller/Aaron Brooks moments.

At RT, I'm comfortable with either Meadows or Pears at RT. Pears would find the field at some point either way because Meadows would prob get injured.

Let's just hope for consistancy at the O-line position, and I'm sure that alone will improve our pass protection and run blocking.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Will Tatum be a Bronco Next year??

I hope not unless the Broncos stop doinf the kickoff kid promotion because Tinker Bell will be able to retrieve the tee quick after kickoffs, he may drop it two or three times running back to the sideline but he will dance back quickly.

I forgot about losing Lepsis and that may have contributed to some of the offenses running problems, but it doesn't have anything to do with Tinkbell fumbling when someone puts an arm over his facemask. He reminds me of a canary that falls asleep when you put a sheet over his cage.
    It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?[URL="http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/walkbl/jayjay.jpg"]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/walkbl/jayjay.jpg[/URL]

Traded on draft day to move up.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

What ever problems Tatum has, they can be fixed. I remember Tiki Barber had a huge fumbling problem and all it took to fix it was the right coach with the right training. I like Tatum, I like the fact that he can get to the corner and turn on the burners. I wouldn't mind seing the Bell combo one more year, thier two different running style make it hard for other teams to prepare for.

Tomlinson fumbled 8 times his rookie year. I bet the Chargers didn't consider cutting him. Yes Tiki did fumble 35 times between 2000-2003 and he was a 4 yr vetran at the time. I think he can overcome the drops, but I hope it is soon.

I would trade T. Bell. I'm getting tired of holding my breath everytime he touches the ball; he either fumbles or gets injured.