Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How did you react at first?

I slept soundly, unknowing. I woke up, perhaps around 7:50 to the sound of my mom coming into my room. She leaned over and told me of Darrent Williams dieing. The words, "Darrent Williams was killed". Seem unreal. They seem like something a bad dream would tell me.

Have anyone here ever had a dream about the Broncos, something bad happening to players or the team? Well this is what that felt like.
    I was speechless when she told me, I could only say "wow..." "That's sad"

And as the day wears on I can still not believe it. To think... This man died for no reason. To think, this person is dead. Is unreal.

Tears have come to my eyes more than a few times today, not yet full-blown, though that's only a matter of time.

How did you learn of this dreadfully devastating act, and please share your immediate reaction.

I made my thread on my story.

I woke up and read it on NFL.com i started crying immediately and havent stopped yet, its so tragic i follow these players careers, and my heart is heavy today

I seen it on ESPN early this morning.

I got up put my #27 jersey on and just let the tears roll down my face..

at first i didnt believe it.. i was like oo thats sad... cant be our starter... then i clicked it and i was like wow it is d-will
    Canadian broncos fan for life

We got a phone call that woke us up from my boyfriends dad. From what I could hear of the conversation, I knew something bad had happened. When my boyfriend told me what he found out I felt like I was hit by a train and then I started crying.
    Last edited by ThunderGirl; 01-01-2007 at 11:53 AM.

I just found out about 5 minutes ago...I'm crying like a baby right now. God this is so sad...

I was seriusly just like omg. I didn't know what to say. Its hard for other people to understand why we are all extremely sad because we did not even know him. Like I was with my friend when we heard it and he was like wow that sucks, but he really didn't understand how sad it was. I dunno, but it seems like I know him and everything like that. Maybe this trajedy will awaken us from whining about all the little things our playres are doing wrong and we just need to appreciate them. Who knows? maybe yesterday someone was thinking, we should get rid of Darrent, and now he is gone! I am stil in shock.

I woke up and came here to the boards. It upset my stomach. Then I went and ordered his jersey to honor him. I have not bought a jersey since I bought my T. Davis one.
    Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

I woke up and went to a Sacramento Kings message board (I'm A Kings fan) and saw "Denver Broncos CB killed last night" on the board. The first thing I thought was "oh my god.. who, what? It's not champ or it would have said 'Champ' " And then I just clicked the link and saw.

I was very shocked...I couldn't believe it. I'm not a Broncos fan...But I liked Darrent....He was a great kid and a great player. RIP Darrent.

I turned on ESPN news and saw it in the little "Breaking News" corner. I just couldn't believe it. My eyes have been teary all day.

I came over to my parents house in the foggy haze of a hangover and my mom told me. I couldn't think of anything to say other then "What?" I still can't believe it. It doesn't seem real.

I stayed up last night playing Madden and after I just hoped and prayed that next season would be better and that the team would just be better as a whole. And I thought about Dwayne Carswell and how he was in that horrible car accident and I thought I hope this season wasn't too late for one of the players because things happen all the time. We hear about them every year. And for some reason Champ came to mind and how if something happened our defense wouldn't be the same.

So this morning my mom came in and told me that a starting CB for the Broncos was killed and I just got nauseous. And when she told me it was Darrent, I was in shock because I realized it didn't matter who it was that died. Someone died and they didn't need or deserve to. Once she left the room I just cried. I already miss him so much

Here is my story

Started off yesterday spraining my ankle in soccer and finished the game with a goal and two assists. We lost 4-7.

Then Broncos lost 26-23.

None of that mattered. None of it came close to this morning.

I wake up. In my head I say "I wonder if people are still being negative on the boards."

I don't log on yet, instead I check ESPN. Commercials. Then I go up one channel to ESPN2.... that's when I saw it. I look at the bottom right corner. "Breaking News: Darrent Williams Broncos CB Shot, Killed" Heart skips a beat. Try to keep my composer and not begin to tear. I hobble down stairs ignoring the pain in my ankle. Tell my brother about it. He is now in shock. He switches to ESPN2. Goes upstairs to get dressed. Shuts the door. I open it and he is laying down on the bed crying.

I take my shower and then my eyes get teary. We go out to eat for breakfast and me and my brother are very down and we speak of splitting the cost in half for a Darrent Williams jersey. We will buy it and get overnight shipping.

It is so sad. Since I am Muslim I pray 5 times a day and this morning I dedicated my prayer to Darrent Williams and his family.

This is devastating.

Then I listen to Tatum Bell's interview and it was so sad. Now I am listening to 850 KOA online.

Very emotional.

R.I.P. DARRENT WILLIAMS