Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Thanks to all of the fans of the other teams who were kind enough to offer their condolences.

It just shows the world may be a sick place, but there's still some good people out there.
    Hopefully more than we all realize Spyder. If Katrina taught me anything it's that there are still a lot of good people in the world. After the storm hit, Bronco fans really were some of the most sympathetic to the people of New Orleans and Southern Mississippi than any other NFL fans out there. As I said earlier, New Orleans Saints fans have not forgotten. When the chips are down Americans always come together no matter where they are from or what their backgrounds may be.

I wish he could come back and play just a little more for us. How much more would I appreciate him now. He was a rising star. I wish he was alive. It almost feels like this is a dream. Bronco Nation is going to miss you Darrent.
    RIP Darrent Williams
    Heaven Gained A Shutdown Corner

Thank you LordTrychon for starting this thread. It took me two days to be able to post on here because of all the random emotions I feel at this time.

We love football and our respected teams because of the strength and emotions these guys give us every week during the fall and winter months. It brings us together to share some fun with family and friends and these sites let us communicate with fellow Bronco fan families and fans of other teams.

Just to see the responses from our other "NFL Fan Friends" is incredible. I know when Coach Dungy's son passed last year, I went right away to the Colts site and joined just to offer my support. And look at everyone this year with the Broncos tradegy.

We all love football, we love the players, and FANS of other teams...WE LOVE YOU ALSO! Thank you!
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=5][SIZE=4]Orange[/SIZE][/SIZE] [b][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=7][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact][I]RAGE[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/b][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.geocities.com/raptors_rba/dw2.jpg[/IMG]
    [B]We'll miss you D-WILL![/B]
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U][SIZE=3] SALUTE #27 [/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by saintanism
    Hopefully more than we all realize Spyder. If Katrina taught me anything it's that there are still a lot of good people in the world. After the storm hit, Bronco fans really were some of the most sympathetic to the people of New Orleans and Southern Mississippi than any other NFL fans out there. As I said earlier, New Orleans Saints fans have not forgotten. When the chips are down Americans always come together no matter where they are from or what their backgrounds may be.
    I agree 100%, my saintsreport friend. I remember going around to different nfl forums, asking fans to make signs at their games encouraging the nfl to keep the Saints in New Orleans....sooooo many fans obliged. Watching the Raiders fans give our Saints a standing ovation as they came on the field that first game after Katrina brought tears to my eyes. As saintanism said, Broncos fans were among the most supportive. I was welcomed with open arms on different Broncos forums (didn't know about this one at the time), and the brotherhood of nfl fans showed its true colors....the love we have for our teams can join us together in tough times. Broncos fans, I hope the Broncos come to New Orleans sometime when the NFL schedules work out, so that many of our own can show y'all a good time in our great city. Maybe in preseason...we don't know that schedule yet? Anyway....consider yourselves invited to a great time whenever the opportunity arises, and we can lift a glass together in honor of Darrent Williams.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Kellye in Houston
    Saints fan[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

from a Steelers Fan

I wasn't really sure where to post so I posted in both places. My thoughts are with the Williams and Bronco family fans and organization alike for this senseless killing a a fine, fine young man. Just know that Steeler Nations thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Vickie
    Riverside, CA

I think it's pretty amazing how this young man's persona touched people around the nfl, around the nation and around the world.

Says alot about him.

Thanks from an opposing fan's (to all you opposing fans, that is..) perspective. It's nice to see people come together in lieu of competition. It goes to show what is really important in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Cool class acts

during this time of tragedy it is really a beautiful thing to see the outpouring of codolences from fans all over the NFL. I really think the Saints fans have shown some class after all they went through with Katrina. Football is a uniting force. God bless all of you faithful fans who have supported us Bronco fans during this tragic time.

Broncomaniac PG
    Palo Alto, Ca.

After Katrina turned New Orleans into death gumbo many of you guys came over to www.saintsreport.com to express your condolences and support. Broncos fans were absolutely wonderful and us Saints fans haven't forgotten. So it is the least I could do to express my sympathies and support to you during this senseless tragedy. It is us Saints fans who should be thanking you.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams
    I am deeply touched that you have taken the time to come here and say these kind words. The passing of our beloved D-Will seems small compared to the tragic losses in New Orleans, but no matter how little it may seem it is still important to us and it is so heartwarming to see you and so many Saints fans (as well as fans from other teams all around the world) reach out.

Someone else mentioned it but I feel it right to repeat it again, that this country knows how to bond when things matter. I makes me not only proud to be an American but a human being.

I will be cheering loudly for the Saints this post season. (And the Chiefs and Chargers as well -- AFC West REPRESENT!)
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

I am sure that I speak for everyone here when I say, Thank you to the fans of not only our beloved Broncos, but also fans of other teams as well for the outpour of sorrow and condolences. It's very touching and moving to see we as fans support eachother, regardless of who our favorite team is. All in all, we are fans of the game and of life. This week we all share the sadness of losing a great person and player. These coming months will be rough for everyone involved in the incident. Be sure to keep the family, team mates and friends of Darrent in your prayers.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

I am a moderator on Raiderfans.net. I would just like to relay my condolences to the Williams Family,the Bronco fans and team. on the loss of Darrent. Young men are just not supposed to die that young. Just very sad.
    Last edited by JWinn; 01-03-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: wrong button, it's late, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran
    I am a moderator on Raiderfans.net. I would just like to relay my condolences to the Williams Family,the Bronco fans and team. on the loss of Darrent. Young men are just not supposed to die that young. Just very sad.

I read the thread over there earlier today. Very touching. Good group of people you have.

I was going to reply, but I forgot my password, (been a year), and now that I have a new one, I couldn't find the thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran
    Thanks for your post, it means a lot to us.

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan
    I agree.............

It is kind of a shame, many times it takes a tragedy though, to bring people together, and to bring out the "kindness and caring" in people.....whether it be ones family, or "strangers', coming together on a sports team message board...............something for all of us to think about, in my opinion....

Yeah, I agree. I don't know quite how to say this, in order to not have it come out the wrong way - because I assure you, I obviously feel having D.W. taken from this world at such a young age is an enormous tragedy - but seeing all the goodwill now pouring into our message boards and the entire Broncos organization, it's almost as if the murderers did us a favor. Again, NOT because Darrent is gone - Wash my mouth out with soap and gouge my eyes with a rusty spoon if you seriously think that's at all what I'm saying - but in the same kind of way as people were brought together after Sept. 11, and after Katrina.

R.I.P. DARRENT! As fans, and as fellow human beings, we're all priviledged to have known you.

Last edited by sbutk; 01-03-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Thank you BroncoManiac_69. It's my honor. I have a lot of respect for the Broncos and their fans. I also love Colorado. I have been there many times and I think it's one of America's most beautiful states. The folks in Colorado are absolutely wonderful. If I could get ever use to living more than 100 feet above sea level I would like to live there someday.

There is always room on the Saints bandwagon for new fans. Lets hope that the 30 year curse has been broken and we'll finally get to see the New Orleans Saints in the Superbowl. Whatever may happen in post season, I'll still be damned proud of this Saints team. KEEP THE FAITH!

I agree with BroncoManiac_69: I'm hoping to see a Saints-Chargers S.B. XLI. That'd be an awesome matchup.

...Thanks again for your kind thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

I'd like to see Chargers/Saints in the Super Bowl too (I was already hoping for it but after all the posts that fans of these two teams - as well as other teams - have made, that hope just got even stronger.)
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/11/random.png[/IMG]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=5]ALL READY[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1033/darrentbwfb6.jpg[/IMG]