Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Angry

some of you people should really be ashamed of yourselves...a man has died, his family has lost their loved one, his kids have lost their father for life...yet all some of you can think about is the expense here. I'm quite sure the Broncos Organization and the NFL don't need anything from you, but rather they are trying to allow the public to contribute on their own. Some of you who have made the ridiculous statements you have made and you know who you are should feel guilty and not because you can't help out but because you are just selfish and totally greedy individuals not to mention not too smart as well. I can guarantee they don't need anything from us but I for one am one of those people who have written the Broncos Organization directly offering my willingness to wanting to help and I'm a die-hard colts fan....see this is way bigger than football these kids and the rest of his family have lost a father, son, nephew, boyfriend and what have you. If you are true human beings than I'm genuinely ashamed and disgusted at some of your selfish and totally senseless comments not to mention your complete lack of sensitivity towards this whole calous, merciless, disgusting situation. To the rest of you good work!!!! Job well done!!!!

they actually had footage of his kids on http://www.myfoxcolorado.com... the moment i saw them, i could not stop crying.. there is nothing worse in the world than losing a parent... i bet those kids aren't thinking about the money that some of you guys are complaining about giving... i bet they would gladly give the money back for their father...

Quote Originally Posted by charger_fan22
    they actually had footage of his kids on http://www.myfoxcolorado.com... the moment i saw them, i could not stop crying.. there is nothing worse in the world than losing a parent... i bet those kids aren't thinking about the money that some of you guys are complaining about giving... i bet they would gladly give the money back for their father...
    I.m not syaing they wouldn't. I must be a bad person for having a oppinion also. I said what I said because I thought about giving money that I put aside for others because of the email I recieved. Now I have decied not too and because I think that what the denver organisation did is not in good taste This makes me a bad person?? I posted because as bad as it sounds I think he kids will be fine in the money field. If they would have put up an email address or a place to mail a card I would be all over that. I'm sorry but I think that you should take you money and give to the kid that got nothing for x-mas or dont know what they are going to get for dinner tonight. These are the people that need help. If you want to help his kids pat them on the back give them a hug let them cry on your shoulders that is what will help them. Give your money to people that realy need it. If this make me a jerk then so be it. I stand by what I said if they realy need it I would give it to them but everyone should stop and think if there is someone that may need it more.
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

The future holds the key

I think we all seem to believe that money is needed for the current time frame, however I believe and I am sure the Broncos franchise believes that in the far future for events such as schooling or college funding that this money donated at this time can ensure they are truly taken care of. What better way to be a fan then to give during their time of need?

I think the care to send the money outweighs the money itself. It will mean the world to them and should mean the world to us. I am hoping Oklahoma State will reach out to their alums and ask to help out like the Broncos are. Broncos franchise continues to be a class act during a very rough time!!!!

"I am hoping Oklahoma State will reach out to their alums and ask to help out like the Broncos are. Broncos franchise continues to be a class act during a very rough time!!!!"

Please... once AGAIN! NO ONE ... NOT DWill, NOT DWill's momma, NOT his kids, NOT the Denver Broncos, NOT Pat Bowlen, NO ONE is ASKING ANYTHING from ANYBODY! They HAVE provided an avenue by which those of us who WANT to help carry the load may DO so.

IF they were soliciting donations or pledges, then they would NOT be the classy organization you refer to. But they ARE a top shelf outfit and they are NOT soliciting funds from the faithful.
    uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

Angry

obviously the Broncos Organization is a Class Act Organization but their fans must not be too brilliant either, because if they were they would clearly see that this is not being initiated or solicited per their need but rather they are giving an opportunity to the public to show their appreciation, concern, and love for this great fallen player and even better human being. Some of you people need to get a clue!!!

My Two Cents

I agree with all the arguements posted here... I feel the same about supporting the troops wiht donations... Gov't already spends trillions but doesn't help out the injured vets and their families. Same here. With that said... it's not so much giving to support these kids, it is showing appreciation to the bronco family. Heck, just place a single dollar in a card... write something nice. It's simply the thought that truely does matter. The cards, the words of support, will do so much to help heal the family, the money is just meaningless. If you want to give more, so be it. BUt, for those who feel donations are unreasonable, it's just a way to manifest the thoughts of Bronco nation into something tangible the family can feel, and quantify!

Quote Originally Posted by indyqb88
    some of you people should really be ashamed of yourselves...a man has died, his family has lost their loved one, his kids have lost their father for life...yet all some of you can think about is the expense here. I'm quite sure the Broncos Organization and the NFL don't need anything from you, but rather they are trying to allow the public to contribute on their own. Some of you who have made the ridiculous statements you have made and you know who you are should feel guilty and not because you can't help out but because you are just selfish and totally greedy individuals not to mention not too smart as well. I can guarantee they don't need anything from us but I for one am one of those people who have written the Broncos Organization directly offering my willingness to wanting to help and I'm a die-hard colts fan....see this is way bigger than football these kids and the rest of his family have lost a father, son, nephew, boyfriend and what have you. If you are true human beings than I'm genuinely ashamed and disgusted at some of your selfish and totally senseless comments not to mention your complete lack of sensitivity towards this whole calous, merciless, disgusting situation. To the rest of you good work!!!! Job well done!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I as well don't think that they need help from us, the general public and fans, but this is not what its all about. Myself as well as others solely want to help out of the kindness of our hearts. I knew the moment I received the email about this fund that it wasn't the organization that was asking for money, but that the fans and others just wanted a way to contribute. I am truly disgusted by the way some of you have responded to this.

R.I.P D-Will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cutler Era
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I as well don't think that they need help from us, the general public and fans, but this is not what its all about. Myself as well as others solely want to help out of the kindness of our hearts. I knew the moment I received the email about this fund that it wasn't the organization that was asking for money, but that the fans and others just wanted a way to contribute. I am truly disgusted by the way some of you have responded to this.

R.I.P D-Will.
    I totally agree with you. For the ones who have posted negatively to this, why post at all? No one is forcing you to give anything. And, right now, I have no negative thoughts about ANYTHING, except for the KILLER(s).
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Its not easy to lose a parent, my mom died almost a year ago and I've been on an emotional roller coaster ever since and I'm older than these kids are. These kids have a tough road ahead of them. The Bronco organization is not making us donate anything but if any of you have a heart, then you would see that these kids are going to need all the love and support from all of us. So what if you have to give up a soda or two during the week in order to donate a $1 or 2 to these kids. I know that their mother and grandmother would very much appreciate whatever is given in love for these kids knowing that their care and schooling will be taken care of so that is one less thing that they will have to worry about in the coming years. Besides, Darrent was one of us, that means his family also.

Carmelo Anthony:

Anthony may start fund for kids

By Chris Tomasson and John C. Ensslin, Rocky Mountain News
    January 4, 2007
    Denver Nugget Carmelo Anthony said he is considering starting a scholarship fund for Darrent Williams' two children.

"I just think it's the right thing to do, to do something for his two little kids," Anthony said, referring to Darius, 7, and Jaelyn, 4.

"I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do yet, but I'm going to do something."

Anthony said it's hard to believe that Williams is dead.

"I knew him well. We see each other. We speak. We talk for a minute. I used to go to the games and see him at the games. For us to lose a soldier like that is mind-boggling for me.

"He was a joker. He was a cool guy. He was a humble guy. . . . Like I said, I was just talking to him. For me to be talking to somebody and for him to be gone right now is (hard)."

Latest update on fund for Darrent's children:

The Denver Broncos on Tuesday announced that they have combined the Darrent Williams Children’s Fund with a similar fund created by the National Football League Players Association.

Contributions can now be sent to:

Darrent Williams Trust Fund
    c/o NFL Players Association
    2021 L St., NW
    Washington, DC 20036
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29