Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DPOY- Jason Taylor?

Did anyone see or hear anything about it?

I was watching ESPNEWS and saw scrolling at the bottom about DPOY.

1. Jason Taylor
    2. Champ Bailey
    3. Shawne Merriman

Can anyone confirm if these are the final results. I barely saw it as it scrolled by.

I heard it on sportscenter...
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Just saw it...

Jason Taylor named defensive player of the year.

Shanny you better go after Jason Taylor,NOW!

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Associated Press has named Jason Taylor the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in a voting by media members.
    The Miami Dolphins defensive end had 62 tackles this season, forced a career-high ten fumbles and returned both of his career-best two interceptions for touchdowns.
    Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was second in the balloting, followed by San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman.
    Last week, Taylor said that Merriman wasn't deserving of the honor because he served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...stynesssig.jpg

LINK: I told you guys Marshall was the TRUTH!

Terrell Suggs on Jake Long:

"He's very impressive. He's, by far, one of the best tackles in the game. I've never struggled against anybody like I struggled against him."
    ESPN's K.C. Joyner has Jake Long's run blocks pegged at a 96.6% success rate. Joyner told said that "(it's) the highest I've seen in three years doing metrics."

Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The Associated Press has named Jason Taylor the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in a voting by media members.
    The Miami Dolphins defensive end had 62 tackles this season, forced a career-high ten fumbles and returned both of his career-best two interceptions for touchdowns.
    Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was second in the balloting, followed by San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman.
    Last week, Taylor said that Merriman wasn't deserving of the honor because he served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

now the thing is will Merriman learn his lession and not roid up next year

anyway grats to your guy and next year Champ will be the next on top
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki
    now the thing is will Merriman learn his lession and not roid up next year

anyway grats to your guy and next year Champ will be the next on top
    Cont grats on Champ too! He had one hell of a season!

I would love to have a Corner like him our our defense.... thats all we need...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...stynesssig.jpg

LINK: I told you guys Marshall was the TRUTH!

Terrell Suggs on Jake Long:

"He's very impressive. He's, by far, one of the best tackles in the game. I've never struggled against anybody like I struggled against him."
    ESPN's K.C. Joyner has Jake Long's run blocks pegged at a 96.6% success rate. Joyner told said that "(it's) the highest I've seen in three years doing metrics."

i heard it was by 6 votes.. but i think thats bull...........

Hey as long as roid-man Merriman doesnt win it I chock this up in the W colum for Morals.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

NEW YORK ó Jason Taylor was one hard man to find on the Miami defense this season. Until, that is, the ball was snapped and he was making the play.
    Taylorís superb all-around performance for the Dolphins earned him The Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, announced Friday. While Miami finished just 6-10 in 2006, the dynamic Taylor was having the best season of his nine-year pro career.

The end who sometimes lines up at linebacker or inside had 62 tackles, 13 Ĺ sacks, 14 quarterback hurries, two interceptions ó both returned for TDs ó 11 passes defensed, 10 fumbles forced and two fumbles recovered. Yes, 10 fumbles forced, making Taylor a takeaway machine.

"Itís just making big plays, feeling like you elevate the guys around you sometimes, and helping them to play better," Taylor said of his role. "Being able to take attention away from other areas and free up things for other people. At the end of the day, itís just making plays and trying to lead the team by example emotionally.

"You can sit around and talk about it, but you have to go out and do it and we all like to be able to get up and go do it."

While dozens of defenders were doing it well this season, Taylor outdistanced five who received votes, in particular Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey. Taylor earned 22 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL, and Bailey got 16.

It is a measure of how effective Taylor was that he took the award playing on a losing team. But Miamiís defense ranked fourth in the NFL ó thanks greatly to No. 99, naturally.

"I am playing a more complete game than I have at any point in my career," Taylor said. "I think the biggest thing that sticks out is the big plays, the touchdowns that are catching more attention.

"I think I have had some other decent years in this league, but this is probably my best."

It needed to be for Taylor to beat out Bailey, who tied for the league lead with 10 interceptions (one touchdown) even though opponents rarely test him. Bailey also is a stalwart run defender, something few cornerbacks can claim.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, whose team faced both the Dolphins (going 1-1) and the Broncos (a loss), praised Taylor as the top guy.

"I canít imagine him not being the Defensive Player of the Year this year," he said. "Thereís nobody Iíve seen that has played anywhere near close to the level that heís at. He ruins a lot of games offensively for teams."

With the Dolphins in turmoil after coach Nick Saban dumped them for the Alabama job this week, Taylorís achievement provides at least momentary relief and pride.

"Itís always a flattering point, but this is the ultimate team game on the planet," Taylor said.

He is the first Dolphins player to win the award since DE Doug Betters in 1983. Ten years before that, safety **** Anderson won it.

San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman, who missed four games for violating the NFLís steroids policy, got six votes. Last week, Taylor said he didnít believe any player who served such a suspension should be considered for league awards.

Chicago linebacker Brian Urlacher received four votes, followed by two Baltimore Ravens with one apiece: LB Ray Lewis and lineman Trevor Pryce.

Urlacher won the award last year.
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

I think it's baloney, but god I wish we could have Jason Taylor on our team.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Jason Taylor got 22 votes, Champ got 16, and "Juicer" got 6. I would have like for Champ to have won and he probably deserved it but I can at least take solace in the fact that Merriman wasn't selected.
    RIP Cameron

Taylor had an awesome season though too guys. 13.5 sacks, two interceptions, nine forced fumbles, two touchdowns and sixty tackles. Yeah, Bailey was impressive, but that's a hell of a year.

No disrespect to Taylor, but this really ticks me off. Champ should have definately one this one. How can you possibly be a better defensive player than him? HE SHUTS DOWN A THIRD OF THE FIELD! You've all seen it, the QB doesn't even look over there 90% of the time, and when they wanna be brave, they get picked. 85 tackles and 10 picks, all of it when plays are designed to go in the opposite direction. Even after the last game when Alex didnt throw over there once and he still got a pick for a TD, Taylor gets the DPOY. I bet if Bailey were on a horrible team he wouldve gotten it because he would of stood out so much more. This really makes me angry, oh well, congrats to Taylor and haha to the roider.
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...lerecopeey.jpg
    Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
    I'm a BroncoForLife!

'won this one'.... woops, that's embarrasing, lol.
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...lerecopeey.jpg
    Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
    I'm a BroncoForLife!