Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    What pisses me off is that this may have been the finest season ever by a defensive back. If Champ wasn't good enough to win with near perfection, then I don't think he'll ever get it.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie
    What pisses me off is that this may have been the finest season ever by a defensive back. If Champ wasn't good enough to win with near perfection, then I don't think he'll ever get it.

I agree.

What's more impressive, is that Bailey is doing it with all these restrictive rules in place.

The NFL has taken alot out of the CB game because they want more passing.

Bailey was able to be a shutdown corner despite that.

Bailey got hosed IMO.

The 6 people that voted for Merriman should be ashamed of themselves.

What a crock of ____!!!!

Jason Taylor had a hell of a year and this is not meant to take anything away from his accomplishments this season....

However, Champ was far and away the best defensive player of the year and it's not even close.

CB is the toughest position to play in football, what with all of the restrictive rules in place, WR's clearly have the advantage when it comes to the passing game - yet - Champ absolutely SHUT EVERYONE DOWN he faced this season, led the league in picks and had a gang load of tackles.

Accomplishing all of this while the opposing team never even looked his way!!!

Good hell, what a shame Champ didn't get the award

Congrats Taylor, consider the DPOY award a late Christmas present

I like the random votes for Ray Lewis and Trevor Pryce.

I have no DOUBT in my mind had Champ played for an East/West coast major market team he would have pulled in the honors.

Just something I feel, as well as others im sure, due to this teams location that it is quite often looked over for those in the larger population areas.

Its a shame, but such is the fast paced over media driven world we live in.

Just another example of east coast biase and the media's hate for the Broncos. Jason Taylor had a fantastic year, but in my mind Champ was more deserving. When teams barely throw the ball in his direction he's still able to lead the league in interceptions. I won't have that much of a problem with it if Shanny goes and gets JT.
    [IMG]http://images.nfl.com/photos/teams/BUF/img5965071.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/09/04/mmqb/p1_cutler_presswire.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.nbcsports.com/2006/0925/106010_225X300.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/230879.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Orange]Glendale bound[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The Associated Press has named Jason Taylor the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in a voting by media members.
    The Miami Dolphins defensive end had 62 tackles this season, forced a career-high ten fumbles and returned both of his career-best two interceptions for touchdowns.
    Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was second in the balloting, followed by San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman.
    Last week, Taylor said that Merriman wasn't deserving of the honor because he served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

I think he is deserving. Hopefully Champ wins next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Jason Taylor got 22 votes, Champ got 16, and "Juicer" got 6. I would have like for Champ to have won and he probably deserved it but I can at least take solace in the fact that Merriman wasn't selected.
    The idiot voters who voted for the juicer wasted their votes. Champ could have at least tied.

Idiots....
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall#15
    Just another example of east coast biase and the media's hate for the Broncos. Jason Taylor had a fantastic year, but in my mind Champ was more deserving. When teams barely throw the ball in his direction he's still able to lead the league in interceptions. I won't have that much of a problem with it if Shanny goes and gets JT.
    Yeah... JT is a beast but I really do believe that Champ was more deserving. He shut down his entire side of the field and rarely got tested. When he was tested it resulted in a turnover, especially in the red zone. He was tested so little he started picking off passes that weren't even thrown at him. And then he got near 100 tackles on top of that.

Yeah.. I'm really disappointed. Champ was robbed.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

<- Ready for the salute
    This is still very deserving for what taylor has done for his team. I knew it would be close even though I thought was going to be other way around.

But... Congrats to Taylor

<- Ready for the salute
    Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    This is still very deserving for what taylor has done for his team. I knew it would be close even though I thought was going to be other way around.

But... Congrats to Taylor
    after we get a pass rush next year he should win it hands down next year

I love Champ Bailey, I think Jason Taylor is a stud, but I think Aaron Kampman should have been thrown in the mix. Should he have won it? Probably not, as I feel Champ should have. However, I think there is a great argument between Taylor and Kampman, as they are at the same position, but Kampman isn't coming from the blind side. So between those 2, I am going to lean to Kampman over Taylor, but it is really splitting hairs.

I think Champ would've had a better chance if we went to the playoffs. He was a huge reason why we did as good as we did and they would've looked at it like he helped us get to the playoffs if we had made it. I think since neither team went, they just looked at the stats and JT's were a little better, although they should be considering hes a DE that can't be avoided and Bailey gets avoided every game.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Just hosed, as good as Taylor was, CHamp did more things not shown on stat sheets....Champ wins hands down, I dont think he'll put up another 10 INT season again, I see some 7's and maybe 8's but not 10