Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Just can't catch a break, has to be the worst end to a season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    Cont grats on Champ too! He had one hell of a season!

I would love to have a Corner like him our our defense.... thats all we need...
    but you DID have two good corners a while ago along with taylor, thomas, and ogunelye (or something). your defense was awesome but your offense pretty crappy and you didn't do well. same thing now. your offense is crappy, that's what you guys need to fix the most

I think this is a shame. No other player was so dominant in their position this year as champ was. There are always going to be merrimans and taylors. The champs and deions are rare gems.

We <3 ya champ!

It makes you wonder what a DB would have to do to be Defensive POY, doesn't it?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The Associated Press has named Jason Taylor the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in a voting by media members.
    The Miami Dolphins defensive end had 62 tackles this season, forced a career-high ten fumbles and returned both of his career-best two interceptions for touchdowns.
    Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was second in the balloting, followed by San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman.
    Last week, Taylor said that Merriman wasn't deserving of the honor because he served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Took Taylor his best year to get it....yet...Bailey does it year in and year out.....odd ya?

Thats ok...we here at Bronco country know who really should have gotten the vote.

who votes?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoForLife27
    No disrespect to Taylor, but this really ticks me off. Champ should have definately one this one. How can you possibly be a better defensive player than him? HE SHUTS DOWN A THIRD OF THE FIELD! You've all seen it, the QB doesn't even look over there 90% of the time, and when they wanna be brave, they get picked. 85 tackles and 10 picks, all of it when plays are designed to go in the opposite direction. Even after the last game when Alex didnt throw over there once and he still got a pick for a TD, Taylor gets the DPOY. I bet if Bailey were on a horrible team he wouldve gotten it because he would of stood out so much more. This really makes me angry, oh well, congrats to Taylor and haha to the roider.
    I saw somewhere that an estimated 50 passes were thrown at Champ this year, and 10 of them were picked!!!

And was it 6 inside our own 5? That's clutch play
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by vannestjc
    It makes you wonder what a DB would have to do to be Defensive POY, doesn't it?

Jim
    I saw a few days ago that Taylor was considering retirement? I guess thats one way to get sympathy votes. At any rate, Tayler was good, but Champ was better. I dont know how you can hear every week that it is stupid to throw at Champ, he proves why week in and week out, and yet he is not the DMVP? I guess for a DE to run back a couple of turnovers is more glamorous than a man who changes coaches game plans.

Guys, they both had great seasons.

Taylor made more highlight plays, making fools out of Old Man Brad Johnson and Dee Dee Dee Rex Grossman on INT returns.

This isn't a "load of crock" or "east coast bias." People need to get off that.

Two players had great seasons, obviously we feel he had a great season, but Taylor also had a great season.

This isn't anything unfair, we need to just accept that while Champ had a great season, Taylor had a better season.

Atleast in the minds of the people who make the decisions.

Look at where our respective defenses are.

Either player could have won the award. Nobody thinks any less of the people who didn't get it, Champ, Roidsy, Urlacher, Lewis and... Pryce? Yeesh...

Don't act like Champ got robbed. It was a close race and Jason still happened to win it.

It's an award, a name of an accomplishment, nothing more.

It'd be good if he got it, but if he didn't, oh well, who cares?

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Den21-Bal19
    I saw somewhere that an estimated 50 passes were thrown at Champ this year, and 10 of them were picked!!!

And was it 6 inside our own 5? That's clutch play
    was champ even scored on once all season? i know cowboys fans said newman wasn't last year but i saw that guy get burned by lelie and mike williams at the end of this season

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4
    who votes?

Members of the National Media ---> Morons

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    after we get a pass rush next year he should win it hands down next year
    That's the thing. Champ did it even without a pass rush.

yeah man that's tough...of course I wanted our boy 24 to get it...but like said on here previously if not Champ then JT...just not Merriman.

Now, WHO GETS CHEERLEADER OF THE YEAR?!??!

I want to be a judge! lol
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=5][SIZE=4]Orange[/SIZE][/SIZE] [b][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=7][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact][I]RAGE[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/b][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.geocities.com/raptors_rba/dw2.jpg[/IMG]
    [B]We'll miss you D-WILL![/B]
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U][SIZE=3] SALUTE #27 [/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Jason Taylor had a nice combination of forced fumbles and sacks; something we see a DE or two do every year (see, for this year: Leonard Little and Demarcus Ware). He also had two INT's for TDs off of two crap-QBs.

Champ shut down his receiver all year. Came up with clutch INT's. Made QBs pay for challenging him. Intercepted passes not even in his zone or to his man. Consistently took down the runner, most notably some of the elite-tier running backs in the league. Did anything and everything a corner can do. He didn't win it simply because the hype and build-up wasn't there and that because 90% of his play doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

I honestly thought Taylor was DPOY until the last two weeks... All things being equal, I think Taylor was deserving but then came the last two games of the season. Dolphins had two national tv games, against two teams that miami could have altered post season plans... in those two games Taylor had a combined 7 tackles and one sack. What did Champ do? Well, in final two games, both basically a playoff game for Denver, Champ had 11 tackles, two interceptions, one sack, one fumble recovery, one td (and another fumble recovery returned 98 yards for TD called back as play was ruled incomplete). Basically, champ stole award the last two weeks, in my opinion and thus CHAMP GOT ROBBED HERE TODAY. I admit, champ was probably slightly behind Taylor, but not by much, but the play the final two weeks of season should have propelled champ ahead. Like in Baseball, if all things are equal, the player who has the better Sept. in a playoff drive ALWAYS gets the nod. Taylor did nothing as Dolphins got embarrassed by Jets, at home and did not impact wild card race. Taylor did nothing against Pats, and if Colts lost Pats would have been awarded the first round bye. Champ had almost DOUBLE the amount of solo tackles... and... teams can avoid Champ, they cannot avoid Taylor. So, given that, Champ still impacted games as much if not more than Taylor. I think Taylor was attractive picks for all these media types to save face, b/c most of them had Dolphins going to Super Bowl against Carolina in their pre-season predictions. Again, Champ was robbed. What BAiley did down the stretch, almost single-handedly carrying his club to playoffs, while Taylor had so-so games, and did nothing to impact playoff race... HAnds-down it was BAiley's award. I mean, it wasn't like Taylor was so far ahead of champ heading into last two weeks anywaY!

Makes me sick... Champ shuts down best WR in game... champ has 2 picks, FR, Sack, 11 tackles... dominates... scores as much as his offense in last game... and... award goes to Taylor who had seven tackles and one sack in last two weeks? Think about that! Champ had as many sacks in last two weeks as taylor and gets snubbed! Champ surged ahead last two games and should be DPOY. You can make the case the Taylor was not even best d-lineman of the year!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-05-2007 at 05:21 PM.