Page 1166 of 1166 FirstFirst ... 166 666 1066 1116 1156 1164 1165 1166
Results 17,476 to 17,478 of 17478
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Of course I have --I'm a (somewhat) "old" Broncos fan!

TPBM has lost something with no rational explanation for how this happened and it's location is a total mystery --TPBM is confounded by that!
    True.....especially those dang socks that keep disappearing in the dryer!!!! On the reverse side, I often, often, often am convinced that something weird has happened, and yet the explanation does come along at some point. So in that regard, anytime I feel the way you mention, eventually it seems, some logical answer comes my way.

OK....TPBM often wonders about noises in the house/apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    True.....especially those dang socks that keep disappearing in the dryer!!!! On the reverse side, I often, often, often am convinced that something weird has happened, and yet the explanation does come along at some point. So in that regard, anytime I feel the way you mention, eventually it seems, some logical answer comes my way.

OK....TPBM often wonders about noises in the house/apartment?
    True, just last night I heard a loud noise in the house and wondered if someone broke in or if I have a poltergeist! As it turned out, I had left the laundry basket on the dryer - not totally on it either, and the vibration of the machine gradually knocked it off --logical explanation, as you said above.

I also get weird creaks in the walls as temperatures (maybe barometric pressure too) suddenly shift or during high winds but I always think some hoodlum is outside and has struck the wall!

TPBM feels that it's just wrong to eat ice cream or popsicles in the Winter.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    True, just last night I heard a loud noise in the house and wondered if someone broke in or if I have a poltergeist! As it turned out, I had left the laundry basket on the dryer - not totally on it either, and the vibration of the machine gradually knocked it off --logical explanation, as you said above.

I also get weird creaks in the walls as temperatures (maybe barometric pressure too) suddenly shift or during high winds but I always think some hoodlum is outside and has struck the wall!

TPBM feels that it's just wrong to eat ice cream or popsicles in the Winter.
    True! But can you believe that my fair city is the ongoing "Slurpee Capital Of The World", and we have lengthy winters. I know I drink a lot of coffee, but it makes more sense to me...in the freezing cold! And for me, ice cream and those other goodies taste so much better when you are in a warmer place.

(and as for those home sounds....I concur, some are either scary or confusing. Do not want animal sounds (in the attic), creepy sounds that make you wonder if it's a crook or a ghost....and perhaps the loudest one, as you mentioned, when it gets extremely cold, the roofing lumber has a reaction, and can be very loud!!!)

TPBM typically only insures their dwelling, vehicle and when travelling (where they need medical coverage)....and is not interested in warrantee type insurance for all those products that sales people try to sell.