Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeblossom94
    What # is Newman? I'm looking for him but can't find him.
    He is 41.

I thought it might be there because maybe he was number 27 also, but then i used my DVR to go back and see, and he did have it there.

A very good move on his part. Just that made me want to cowboys to win that game.
    [IMG]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9237/ripdarrentwi1.png[/IMG]

The patch on Newmans Shoulder Pads looks like a "Big XII" decal of some sort.

Next season #27 will be a number that all the college and NFL players will be trying to get.This will be a monumental number.Terrence Newmen,thanks for showing respect for Darrant Williams.

Nobody seems to know what the patch is. I haven't got one good response n that Cowboys board.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl
    I haven't got one good response n that Cowboys board.
    Yeah... they seem a bit, bitter? After that loss last night, lol.

As far as the patch, I almost thought it was a Cornhuskers patch. I did some research and he went to school somewhere in Oklahoma. So maybe it's his college team's patch?
    "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo
    Here it is. This is after the INT and they were sitting on the bench. That's Newmans helmet but he's sitting out of frame.

This is the decal on Roy Williams pads but I can't tell what it is.

If I had to guess I would say it was a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl
    I thought about that when you posted it. I hope not either.

If they do, so what? What's a fine like that to a multi-millionaire ...seriously? Shocking as it may sound, some people in this world actually do place their principles above their wallets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    guys, i'm about 99% sure that's a coke emblem roy williams was showing. . . .

have to wonder how the NFL will feel about that if it is-- he may end up in some trouble. . . .

props to newman-- he's a player i've always liked. . . .

Have to disagree. You can tell that the edge stripes of the oval are somewhat in focus. This means that's what's in the center isn't very distorted from what its true shape is, either. It looks like maybe 2 (or more?) letters. And the last letter (futhest to the right) seems to be a W. Now, I really don't think the character(s) to the left is a D for Darrent, although I could be wrong. Anybody's guess is probably as good as mine.
    Last edited by sbutk; 01-07-2007 at 10:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Maybe it is some sort of emblem for Darrent. Maybe he put it on his pads underneath his jersey so that he would not be fined. He is less likely to be fined for what he flashed, compared to having the 27 on his helmet when not allowed. But still wanted to honor Darrent.

i think if u wanan honour someone like darrent williams or pat tillman u should be able to do so i don't see why u should get fined for something like to honour someones life
    [img]http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6428/30m3fqasp9.jpg[/img]

Because, when you allow them to break to uniform rules this one time, for this good cause, well.. You'll have players writing messages to family on their shoes and taunts on their helmets. It a slippery slope. He'll get fined quietly, as he knew he would be.

I'll add this to the thread. Denver Post article about Hobbs honoring Darrent.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4969296

Hobbs honors fallen Bronco
    By Jim Armstrong
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Last Updated: 01/07/2007 10:53:30 PM MST

Foxborough, Mass. - The T-shirt hanging above Ellis Hobbs' locker said it all:

R.I.P.

D Williams

That would be Darrent Williams. Hobbs had the New England Patriots' equipment staff iron the words on his T-shirt so he could wear it under his jersey during Sunday's 37-16 playoff win over the New York Jets.

"I had a purpose going out there," Hobbs said. "I asked the Lord, 'Let him play through me.' Because I know how badly he wanted it when they played. Seeing him on the field, with his aggressive mentality, we're the same type of player."

Williams, whose tragic death has resonated throughout the football world and points beyond, walked a similar path as Hobbs during his 24 years. Both were raised in the Dallas area, both went on to play cornerback in the Big 12, both were drafted in 2005, and both became a starter for an NFL playoff team.

Oh, and both needed a no-fear attitude to overcome their size. Williams was listed by the Broncos at 5-feet-8 and 188 pounds. Hobbs, who played at Iowa State and was drafted by the Patriots in the third round, one round later than Williams, is 5-9, 190.

"I didn't know much of him in high school, but we met in the Big 12," Hobbs said. "We had a lot of mutual friends. We both wore 27. It's just kind of like an underlying bond. Every time we got a chance, we would talk. He had a fiery attitude, and I do, too. He was about the same height and stature as I am, but he loved to get in there and mix it up.

"I got the call early in the morning about what happened, and it just breaks my heart. It's heartbreaking, especially to die for something so ignorant. It's just real senseless."

The Gillette Stadium crowd observed a pregame moment of silence for Williams, but Hobbs wanted to personally honor him. He wore the T-shirt during pregame warm-ups and flashed it on the Patriots' sideline.

And if the league office fines him as it fined Jake Plummer for honoring Pat Tillman, his former Cardinals teammate who was killed in Afghanistan?

"I was going to wear it (regardless)," Hobbs said. "People were talking about 'Aw, you're going to get fined' and this and that. I'll take the fine this week. ... If the NFLPA (players association) or the NFL needs that much money, then whatever, man. No disrespect to them or anything, but I'm doing it as a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo
    I'll add this to the thread. Denver Post article about Hobbs honoring Darrent.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4969296

Hobbs honors fallen Bronco
    By Jim Armstrong
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Last Updated: 01/07/2007 10:53:30 PM MST

Foxborough, Mass. - The T-shirt hanging above Ellis Hobbs' locker said it all:

R.I.P.

D Williams

That would be Darrent Williams. Hobbs had the New England Patriots' equipment staff iron the words on his T-shirt so he could wear it under his jersey during Sunday's 37-16 playoff win over the New York Jets.

"I had a purpose going out there," Hobbs said. "I asked the Lord, 'Let him play through me.' Because I know how badly he wanted it when they played. Seeing him on the field, with his aggressive mentality, we're the same type of player."

Williams, whose tragic death has resonated throughout the football world and points beyond, walked a similar path as Hobbs during his 24 years. Both were raised in the Dallas area, both went on to play cornerback in the Big 12, both were drafted in 2005, and both became a starter for an NFL playoff team.

Oh, and both needed a no-fear attitude to overcome their size. Williams was listed by the Broncos at 5-feet-8 and 188 pounds. Hobbs, who played at Iowa State and was drafted by the Patriots in the third round, one round later than Williams, is 5-9, 190.

"I didn't know much of him in high school, but we met in the Big 12," Hobbs said. "We had a lot of mutual friends. We both wore 27. It's just kind of like an underlying bond. Every time we got a chance, we would talk. He had a fiery attitude, and I do, too. He was about the same height and stature as I am, but he loved to get in there and mix it up.

"I got the call early in the morning about what happened, and it just breaks my heart. It's heartbreaking, especially to die for something so ignorant. It's just real senseless."

The Gillette Stadium crowd observed a pregame moment of silence for Williams, but Hobbs wanted to personally honor him. He wore the T-shirt during pregame warm-ups and flashed it on the Patriots' sideline.

And if the league office fines him as it fined Jake Plummer for honoring Pat Tillman, his former Cardinals teammate who was killed in Afghanistan?

"I was going to wear it (regardless)," Hobbs said. "People were talking about 'Aw, you're going to get fined' and this and that. I'll take the fine this week. ... If the NFLPA (players association) or the NFL needs that much money, then whatever, man. No disrespect to them or anything, but I'm doing it as a friend."
    Wow... way cool of Hobbs and of Newman too.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Wow! Now, I like the Patriots a lot more, too.
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/11/random.png[/IMG]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=5]ALL READY[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1033/darrentbwfb6.jpg[/IMG]