Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ravens now are out so either the Chargers or the Colts will win against the Pats as either team needs to play a great game both on offense/defense!

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2
    Both the Patriots are average...

They play in a sissy division.
    Called the NFL?

Any time a team wins 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, they are going to get a lot of press coverage for a few years.

Denver knocked them out of the playoffs again, and this afternoon we will see if they can beat the favored Chargers. If they beat them, they will be back in the AFCCG once again.

The patriots are the closest thing you can find to a football dynasty in recent years, they deserve the coverage they get.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Hhahahahaha overrated? Nope. Also there is a reason they are media darlings. No matter who they play they keep it real. They win. They win. They win. Hands down they win. Sucks but true. You can't go against the truth. Can you?

I believe the Patriots are kickarse! Good Luck Colts!

The Patriots are the media darlings because of their logo.

During the 2001 playoffs (the same season the September 11 attacks happened), the referees & the NFL made sure the Patriots walked away with a Super Bowl by basically handing the championships to them on a plate. The infamous "Tuck Rule" game (Which I'm STILL angry over) started it all

All this sucking up by the referes didn't stop, they give Pats calls that weren't supposed to be made & they let them keep the fumble recoveries when it wasn't supposed to happen.

The media also sucks up to New England, I seem to recall a game that Miami *****slapped them so hard earlier this year 21-0 but the media accused Miami of "stealing" footage of the Patriots.

COME ON! If it was the Patriots doing that **** the media would've had yet another orgasm, worshipping Tom Brady & his "Special" team. BULL****! Miami won that game fair & square, it's not illegal to get team footage & hear signals.

The Patriots are the darlings of the NFL & it ****ing pisses me off. I hate the Patriots even more than the Chargers & the Broncos. The Patriots are the scum of the AFC & I hope the Colts wipe the floor with the darlings of the AFC.

^ I agree with this man. If it had been the Patriots that got that so called footage of the signals and what have ya, everyone would have been praising Bellicheck for being such a genius.

One way or another, Im still pissed about the tuck rule, because this dynasty they have is built on a foundation of bull****. Having watched every single snap, of every new england post season game since 2001, they do get away with murder on a regular basis. 4 playoff games and the offensive line never called for holding? GTFO, holding happens on every play, the reffs chose to look the other way. In those same 4 games(Tennessee, Indy X2, Pittsburg) that overly phyiscal secondary was never onced flagged for illegal contact of pass interference. You've got to be kidding me. The same team that employed Ty Law was never once flagged for interference in the post season......not because it never happend, it happend almost every play in the 2003 AFCCG in New England, they chose not to call it. Consipracy? I try not to buy into such things, but sometimes its kind of hard to believe these games are being called fairly.

Without reading the thread, I will respond to the "title" of this thread.

The Patriots are a good team. They in fact are a GREAT team. We may hate them. We may dislike them. I know some Patriot fans whined about the refs in Denver last year but this team is good. No mistaken. They had a bad day at Broncos last year and look what they did. They got themselves right back into the AFCC.

SO STOP with these threads. Come on people. Media Darlings? Please. They know how to win big games and have proven that.

Is there some jealousy going on here?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I think you guys have things way off here. Yes, some complain about the tuck rule and how the Patriots beat the Raiders with the tuck rule. Like it or not (I don't) the tuck rule had been in place prior to that game and the ref called the rule correctly. It could easily have gone the other way.

If you want to talk about near criminal activity, look at the Colts. Their president Bill Polian and I believe Dungy are both on the competition committee. Each year, whatever teams do to stop the Colts, Polian takes to the competition committee and has had good success getting them to change NFL rules to suit his team. I have no idea why this guy has so much influence on the committee, but it is obvious that he does.

A few years back, when the Patriots beat them by having their WRs get physical with the Colts WRs, which was the right approach because they Colts WRs were considered to be non-physical players. In the offseason, Polian brought that to the competition committee and all the emphasis (including some wording changes I believe) on illegal contact, holding and PI came into play, which made it virtually impossible for DBs to do their jobs for a couple years until things have slowly started to relax a bit.

The Patriots go out and win football games. They bring in good players (FA and Draft), they get the most out of the players they have, and they have dominated in the salary cap era the way no other team has.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    I think you guys have things way off here. Yes, some complain about the tuck rule and how the Patriots beat the Raiders with the tuck rule. Like it or not (I don't) the tuck rule had been in place prior to that game and the ref called the rule correctly. It could easily have gone the other way.

If you want to talk about near criminal activity, look at the Colts. Their president Bill Polian and I believe Dungy are both on the competition committee. Each year, whatever teams do to stop the Colts, Polian takes to the competition committee and has had good success getting them to change NFL rules to suit his team. I have no idea why this guy has so much influence on the committee, but it is obvious that he does.

A few years back, when the Patriots beat them by having their WRs get physical with the Colts WRs, which was the right approach because they Colts WRs were considered to be non-physical players. In the offseason, Polian brought that to the competition committee and all the emphasis (including some wording changes I believe) on illegal contact, holding and PI came into play, which made it virtually impossible for DBs to do their jobs for a couple years until things have slowly started to relax a bit.

The Patriots go out and win football games. They bring in good players (FA and Draft), they get the most out of the players they have, and they have dominated in the salary cap era the way no other team has.
    XCellent post.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Their ways of winning made me love them too, since they beat the Raiders back in 02. In all this years now, they just made themselves a name. If a team is successfull over a period of time half of them either loves them or hate them, that is a part of being successfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Broncos
    Exactly.

To answer the thread starter, the answer is neither. I don't understand why almost everyone here hates on the Patriots every chance that they can get. They win every year no matter who they let go via free agency.

There are soooooooooooo many other teams to hate that actually deserve it (like the Colts). Why do people want to bang on a team that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and has a quarterback that is 11-1 in his career in the playoffs?

I'll never understand it.
    Very Agreed. If i needed a quarterback at a time where it was important, I would definitely take Tom Brady. Peyton is more fun to pick on anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Broncos
    Exactly.

To answer the thread starter, the answer is neither. I don't understand why almost everyone here hates on the Patriots every chance that they can get. They win every year no matter who they let go via free agency.

There are soooooooooooo many other teams to hate that actually deserve it (like the Colts). Why do people want to bang on a team that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and has a quarterback that is 11-1 in his career in the playoffs?

I'll never understand it.
    I agree,but it's just natural to hate a winner.I certainly agree on your choice with the Colts,who I feel are the real media favorites.They ALL want their Superstar Manning to win a Superbowl.The Pats really confuse me.They are able to consistently win with less talent.They have a great coach,and a clutch QB,but their defense is where they really shine.Those guys play way over their abilities year after year in my opinion.I guess thats part of coaching also.I periodically check out Pats Boards,and our organization is the most respected by the Pats fans.There were VERY happy not to play us in the Playoffs.I think that's cool.

The Pats have become like the Cowboys of
    The seventies like the team you love to hate or
    Hate to love as they always manage to go to the
    SB everytime, all the time about
    And it makes people really not caring about the SB.
    Puts a damper on things.

All I care about is that we beat their ass every time we play 'em...

YEA!

That is a false delema, neither answer is correct. You can't be overrated if you win 3 SB in 5 years.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!