Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Coyer to be released (originally posted on the Mane by Taco John)

Thought I should pass it along. I checked with Taco John to make sure it was ok.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51845

I bet he turns out to be right...at least I hope so.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

There's no link to verify it but a lot of us regulars at the Mane know how valuable of a resource Taco John is and how often they've been right in the past. Especially TJ himself; he's a great guy and they have a lot of connections that post there. This will be really interesting because what this signals to me is that the defense has some problems and whoever the new coordinator might be will get some emphasis and be able to figure out the root problem; the LINE.

Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    Thought I should pass it along. I checked with Taco John to make sure it was ok.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51845

I bet he turns out to be right...at least I hope so.
    Well, hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for the Broncos!!

I like Coyer. He's one of the good ol' boy-types and his players seem to love him. He's coached top defenses in the past...when he's actually had a DL.

At some point though, the scheme overhauls had to stop. What was coming next year? 2 man lines and 9 playing zone? It will be nice to get some new blood in at DC, change things up a bit.

Well let's hope so. Y'know I almost changed my sig to include a few Coyer "lowlights" but thought better of it.

I wonder if Coyer stays on as LB coach? (sorry short on time and diden't open your link)

<edit> did have a little time.

where is Cool N The Gang? It's time to celebrate!
    Last edited by Freestyle; 01-08-2007 at 09:55 PM.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    This will be really interesting because what this signals to me is that the defense has some problems and whoever the new coordinator might be will get some emphasis and be able to figure out the root problem; the LINE.
    Of course the d-line is a weakness, but my problem with Coyer is that he did nothing to help hide or compensate for that weakness. If the I thought he did an good job in 2005, but this past year was horrible.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Blame Coyer for a crappy d-line?

lame.....he'll end up somewhere else and do very well.....

people expect Denver's defense to be incredible.....when their foundation (the d-line) is horrible.....

losing Coyer will be a huge mistake IMO.....
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

This is true.

And pray to whatever you worship that he isn't replaced with Slowik. You'd see us become atrocious on defense. I mean absolutely terrible.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Kaylore, what's up buddy? Mane is so slow. . . has TJ set up donations yet; I'd easily send him some flow to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore
    This is true.

And pray to whatever you worship that he isn't replaced with Slowik. You'd see us become atrocious on defense. I mean absolutely terrible.
    :wave:

Hi Kaylore...

We appreciate the news...
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    Of course the d-line is a weakness, but my problem with Coyer is that he did nothing to help hide or compensate for that weakness. If the I thought he did an good job in 2005, but this past year was horrible.
    Yes, and Shanahan was on record in preseason or very early in the season saying they had used the heavy blitzing way to much last year and that by the end of the year and playoff time, teams were no longer surprised and therefore they were going to a low blitz offense.

Unfortunately, our D-line were not capable of playing the style of defense that Shanahan thought we needed.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Kaylore, what's up buddy? Mane is so slow. . . has TJ set up donations yet; I'd easily send him some flow to keep it going.
    There is a place to donate on the site in the features forums.

And there are a lot of people checking this news broken exclusively on the Mane, so you can understand the log jam of traffic.

Hello to you too, Trychon.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

There is a place to donate on the site in the features forums.

And there are a lot of people checking this news broken exclusively on the Mane, so you can understand the log jam of traffic.

Hello to you too, Trychon.
    And when the Mane gets log jammed...

The cool ones come say hi to us lowtimers.

Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Yes, and Shanahan was on record in preseason or very early in the season saying they had used the heavy blitzing way to much last year and that by the end of the year and playoff time, teams were no longer surprised and therefore they were going to a low blitz offense.

Unfortunately, our D-line were not capable of playing the style of defense that Shanahan thought we needed.
    Most D-coordinators don't do well going with a blitz heavy defense, nor a pure front-four-rush defnese.

Coordinators that mix it up, and if they do blitz heavy, ala Eagles and Ravens, they know how to change it a little so that it isn't the same look every time.

We rarely tried to fool opponents, showing zone and blitzing, etc.

I never liked the do it all or do nothing deal. I wished we could have mixed it up and gave some variety to the game.

Coyer did not, but the talent he had did not help.

I'm glad there is a chance he'll get his pink slip.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

This is true.

please god don't mention that. . .

there's a poster here who's mentioned slowik as a potential replacement multiple times, and every time he does all i can think of is "4th and 26". . . . :shake: hardly fair to judge a guy on one play, but i thought he generally sucked there. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!