Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
    DWill is a mixed bag, as all of us are. He had the ride in place, which may have shown a degree of responsibility, if it was his charter. (Did DWill charter the limo? I truly don't know.)

He left kids behind, but he wasn't married to their mother, and that alone suggests that we should question the man's sense of responsibility. A fund has been set up to take care of them. I'm surprised that they need a fund. If Darrent had put a couple of very simple plans in place to provide for his kids, that wouldn't even be an issue. Maybe he did that and we just don't know about it. The better bet is that he didn't, and that's why the fund is in place.

His death is a shame.

But his sainthood here isn't very well thought out.
    First off, I don't have the authority to make anyone a saint. As far as his kids go, you're way out of line. Of course his kids were, and are, taken care of, and he obviously had a big enough heart to spread some of his wealth to other less fortunate kids. Kids he could relate to being that he was raised in similar conditions. Furthermore I'm sure that the NFL has player contract requirements that mandate the naming of a beneficiary in the event of an accidental or pre-mature death. Hum, I wonder if his children’s mother is the named beneficiary; I'll give Darrent the benefit of the doubt. Damn, is it that cold in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by CapQ
    Even though this is a tragic and senseless act, not to mention a great loss, I have a gnawing question. If I am a family man, a millionaire, and a successful prominent athlete what am I doing at a night club in the wee hours of the night? I would think these athletes could curtale these activities until after their career. This is a growing problem throughout professional sports. Maybe these athletes should put themselves in the position of the common worker, who in fact is the driving force that supports them. Just give me a chance to be paid millions per year. Every fan is in this situation. These athletes just don't realize how very special they really are. I am very saddened by this loss, but also have a streak of resentment.
    NEW YEARS EVE.

BIRTHDAY PARTY

So wealthy sports person can't celebrate these things?

Dumb thread

Big Ben got jumped on for BREAKING THE LAW!

Being married to the mother of your children is not what makes a man a good father. Plenty of bad fathers out there who are married to the mother of their children. Better to be apart and get along, than together and fighting.
    Last edited by Kapaibro; 01-24-2007 at 02:21 AM.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    No gangs in Pasadena? You sure about that? I have been out there many times and have noticed some bad apples. I think it is when someone thinks, "Cant happen here, no way!" is when you are most vulnerable.

I wasn't referring to all of Pasadena, just the part of Pasadena I was in. You're right, there are definitely gangs in pasadena, and there are some really bad areas in Pasadena, as there are bad areas/pockets/streets in most parts of LA. But this particular part of Pasadena is a really nice, good part of town, and is actually known for being very safe. The grocery store where this happened is literally across the street from Jaguar, Rolls, Bentley dealerships - which is just to say it's in a very nice, protected area. But, as we know, anything can happen anywhere. And yes, you're absolutely right, when you start thinking you're immune to things, or magically kept safe, you definitely make yourself more vulnerable.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by CapQ
    Even though this is a tragic and senseless act, not to mention a great loss, I have a gnawing question. If I am a family man, a millionaire, and a successful prominent athlete what am I doing at a night club in the wee hours of the night? I would think these athletes could curtale these activities until after their career. This is a growing problem throughout professional sports. Maybe these athletes should put themselves in the position of the common worker, who in fact is the driving force that supports them. Just give me a chance to be paid millions per year. Every fan is in this situation. These athletes just don't realize how very special they really are. I am very saddened by this loss, but also have a streak of resentment.
    So if you are a professional athlete you can't have a life? They have as much right to go out as you or I.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

dude u are so wrong its not even funny...

pro athletes have just as much right as we do to enjoy our life...like come on tha broncos lost that day to the 49ers and were eliminated from playoff contension, u really think that darrent wanted to go home and think about that????

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro
    NEW YEARS EVE.

BIRTHDAY PARTY

So wealthy sports person can't celebrate these things?

Dumb thread

Big Ben got jumped on for BREAKING THE LAW!

Being married to the mother of your children is not what makes a man a good father. Plenty of bad fathers out there who are married to the mother of their children. Better to be apart and get along, than together and fighting.
    Big Ben didnt break the law, u dont have to wear a helmet in PA

Quote Originally Posted by orang/blu in LA
    I wasn't referring to all of Pasadena, just the part of Pasadena I was in. You're right, there are definitely gangs in pasadena, and there are some really bad areas in Pasadena, as there are bad areas/pockets/streets in most parts of LA. But this particular part of Pasadena is a really nice, good part of town, and is actually known for being very safe. The grocery store where this happened is literally across the street from Jaguar, Rolls, Bentley dealerships - which is just to say it's in a very nice, protected area. But, as we know, anything can happen anywhere. And yes, you're absolutely right, when you start thinking you're immune to things, or magically kept safe, you definitely make yourself more vulnerable.
    Yeah, I was blown away at your story though. Glad your ok! It's unfortunate the world has become such a place isnt it? The day has come when we arent safe going out to buy groceries.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE
    You can only ride without a helmet if you have a full license.

Ben's LEARNER'S LICENSE had expired so he wasn't even meant to be riding a motorcycle at all, let alone without a helmet!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    Yeah, I was blown away at your story though. Glad your ok! It's unfortunate the world has become such a place isnt it? The day has come when we arent safe going out to buy groceries.

Thanks! And yes, i know, when going to buy gorceries is dangerous....uggg. And since there are some crazy restitution laws (where basically they can't really force them to pay, I forget how it works, it was a while ago), the guy was caught and ordered to pay for all my windows but we could never enforce it b/c we couldn't prove he had an income or something. Hence, it was a REALLY expensive grocery store trip. haha. And I remember, even then, there were a couple witnesses who tried to not show up in court b/c they were scared - and this was just for a car shooting, nothing close to a murder (thankfully).
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE
    Actually, yo do if you have a learners permit....which Ben had.....which was expired.

Quote Originally Posted by orang/blu in LA
    Thanks! And yes, i know, when going to buy gorceries is dangerous....uggg. And since there are some crazy restitution laws (where basically they can't really force them to pay, I forget how it works, it was a while ago), the guy was caught and ordered to pay for all my windows but we could never enforce it b/c we couldn't prove he had an income or something. Hence, it was a REALLY expensive grocery store trip. haha. And I remember, even then, there were a couple witnesses who tried to not show up in court b/c they were scared - and this was just for a car shooting, nothing close to a murder (thankfully).
    Aww thats not cool! So you had to pay for it yourself? I guess at the end of the day you can be comforted with the fact that It could have been worse and thank god it wasnt. I was out in that area recently checking out the Huntington library, Definitely an area where you wouldnt expect to find some "Up to no good individuals" But you never know I guess.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!