Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Lt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    292

    Lt

    I had respect for him before this game but after seeing him after the game he can go by the way of Marty,..NO RESPECT at all.
    NFL MVP...maybe he should act like it
    I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    317
    I knew The Chargers were going to lose and it is great that they did. The charger players had no class at all. They played some of the dirtiest football I have seen in years. From the punk doing the head butting, to the steroid junkie going on a roid rage after he made one tackle, to lt crying like a baby. I hope someone breaks his record because I'm tired of people acting like he is the second coming. R. Bush was supposed to be the second coming.
    Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Where AMERICANS are Born!
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by MissinMcCaffery
    I had respect for him before this game but after seeing him after the game he can go by the way of Marty,..NO RESPECT at all.
    NFL MVP...maybe he should act like it

    I was really shocked at the way he reacted after the game. It showed a lack of maturity on his part, and It looks like he started to believe his own press. that's not the way the league MVP should conduct himself. You never saw John Elway act that way after a loss, and as we all know he was in some bigger losses than LT will ever see.
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

    Bleeding Orange and Blue (Literally)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    768
    Well LT has had one break down in all the years he's played--and he's played on a pretty crappy team most of the time so we should cut him a break. The Chargers lost and I am glad because of guys like Olshanski being mouthy jerks all season, and playing dirty ball. Phillip Rivers too. Remember his passive aggressive comments after they beat us a second time where he said "it's great being a QB when no one touches you all day!" The kid deserves this loss.

    LT deserves a pass I say. Similar to when D. Johnson had a break down all those years ago because of Shannon Sharpe. Not in his character at all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11

    Please Remove Your Homer Goggles

    Quote Originally Posted by MissinMcCaffery
    I had respect for him before this game but after seeing him after the game he can go by the way of Marty,..NO RESPECT at all.
    NFL MVP...maybe he should act like it
    Are you foreal??? Those classless Patriots (not the entire team, just the ones mocking the Bolts after the game) acted like a bunch of "TOs dancing on the Dallas Star". Don't even begin to tell me your beloved Broncos wouldn't have done the same thing. After a game, you are suppose to walk over shake hands and congratulate one another, not run to the 50 yd line and mock the other team. Those are fightin words

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaught
    I knew The Chargers were going to lose and it is great that they did. The charger players had no class at all. They played some of the dirtiest football I have seen in years. From the punk doing the head butting, to the steroid junkie going on a roid rage after he made one tackle, to lt crying like a baby. I hope someone breaks his record because I'm tired of people acting like he is the second coming. R. Bush was supposed to be the second coming.
    A wise man once said, "If you ain't first, you're last". Misery loves company.

    A few points:
    1) You need to get of Reggie Bush's jock.
    2) If you don't think LT is the second coming you need your head checked. You are witness to one of the greatest players of this era. Hell, I don't like Payton or Brady (when they are playing the Bolts) but I got no problem admitting they are the 2 best QBs of this era.
    3) Your comment about "dirtiest football", you must be kidding. I agree D-Flo's headbutt was stupid, but by no means a dirty play.
    4) How was LT crying?? He was explaining why he acted they way he did. The only thing I disagree with his comments was when he said, "might be like their coach". That was a cheapshot at one of the great coaches of this era.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohyeah
    I was really shocked at the way he reacted after the game. It showed a lack of maturity on his part, and It looks like he started to believe his own press. that's not the way the league MVP should conduct himself. You never saw John Elway act that way after a loss, and as we all know he was in some bigger losses than LT will ever see.
    I must agree, Elway had some pretty bad losses. However, no one disrespected him or his team by mocking them after a loss. I don't agree with your comment about maturity, I think he was mad about the lost and the disrepect sent him over the top. He is one of the most humblest guys in all of football. He is always about the team and never about himself. He never calls out a teammate for losing a game. The MVP could not have gone to a better guy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,524
    When I first saw LT's reaction after the game, I thought ***?

    Then, he continued to try and leave the field as other Patriot players approached him. He did in fact high five them, hug them whatever. He was mad a certain few.

    Like Phil Simms said, I think that LT did not appreciate the level of celebration the Patiot players showed. Now I don't know what words were said on that field or what ever, but I thought the Patriots had every right to jump up and down and celebrate that win after being behind like they were.

    LT must have had some reason for being so upset because he is a classy player and don't believe that he was doing that out of bad sportsmanship.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers
    Are you foreal??? Those classless Patriots (not the entire team, just the ones mocking the Bolts after the game) acted like a bunch of "TOs dancing on the Dallas Star". Don't even begin to tell me your beloved Broncos wouldn't have done the same thing. After a game, you are suppose to walk over shake hands and congratulate one another, not run to the 50 yd line and mock the other team. Those are fightin words



    A wise man once said, "If you ain't first, you're last". Misery loves company.

    A few points:
    1) You need to get of Reggie Bush's jock.
    2) If you don't think LT is the second coming you need your head checked. You are witness to one of the greatest players of this era. Hell, I don't like Payton or Brady (when they are playing the Bolts) but I got no problem admitting they are the 2 best QBs of this era.
    3) Your comment about "dirtiest football", you must be kidding. I agree D-Flo's headbutt was stupid, but by no means a dirty play.
    4) How was LT crying?? He was explaining why he acted they way he did. The only thing I disagree with his comments was when he said, "might be like their coach". That was a cheapshot at one of the great coaches of this era.



    I must agree, Elway had some pretty bad losses. However, no one disrespected him or his team by mocking them after a loss. I don't agree with your comment about maturity, I think he was mad about the lost and the disrepect sent him over the top. He is one of the most humblest guys in all of football. He is always about the team and never about himself. He never calls out a teammate for losing a game. The MVP could not have gone to a better guy.
    ////////////////////////////

    You must have missed the sarcasim. I can't stand bush either. Everyone has been on both their n-ts. Just like everyone was saying how great it was that art shell was back coaching for the raiders. Saying he should have never been fired. Then he turns in the raiders worst season ever and everyone thinks he sucks. Guess what he has always sucked as a coach.
    Last edited by Juggernaught; 01-14-2007 at 10:55 PM.
    Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers
    Are you foreal??? Those classless Patriots (not the entire team, just the ones mocking the Bolts after the game) acted like a bunch of "TOs dancing on the Dallas Star". Don't even begin to tell me your beloved Broncos wouldn't have done the same thing. After a game, you are suppose to walk over shake hands and congratulate one another, not run to the 50 yd line and mock the other team. Those are fightin words



    A wise man once said, "If you ain't first, you're last". Misery loves company.

    A few points:
    1) You need to get of Reggie Bush's jock.
    2) If you don't think LT is the second coming you need your head checked. You are witness to one of the greatest players of this era. Hell, I don't like Payton or Brady (when they are playing the Bolts) but I got no problem admitting they are the 2 best QBs of this era.
    3) Your comment about "dirtiest football", you must be kidding. I agree D-Flo's headbutt was stupid, but by no means a dirty play.
    4) How was LT crying?? He was explaining why he acted they way he did. The only thing I disagree with his comments was when he said, "might be like their coach". That was a cheapshot at one of the great coaches of this era.



    I must agree, Elway had some pretty bad losses. However, no one disrespected him or his team by mocking them after a loss. I don't agree with your comment about maturity, I think he was mad about the lost and the disrepect sent him over the top. He is one of the most humblest guys in all of football. He is always about the team and never about himself. He never calls out a teammate for losing a game. The MVP could not have gone to a better guy.
    I dont know how long you have been watching football, but I see teams celebrate like that all the time, espically when they are going to the championship game. Sure, the pats were classless, but LT should have controlled his emotions.
    I dont think people are upset at LT for what he did, they are just a bit surprised. He is the last guy on the chargers that I wouldve expected to storm around the field after the game. There were a few pats players that were being classy and were trying to shake LTs hand but he just pushed them out of the way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69
    When I first saw LT's reaction after the game, I thought ***?

    Then, he continued to try and leave the field as other Patriot players approached him. He did in fact high five them, hug them whatever. He was mad a certain few.

    Like Phil Simms said, I think that LT did not appreciate the level of celebration the Patiot players showed. Now I don't know what words were said on that field or what ever, but I thought the Patriots had every right to jump up and down and celebrate that win after being behind like they were.
    I, like LT have no problem with the Patriots celebrating a win. Jump up and down all you want. However, mocking the CHARGERS by doing the "Merriman" dance AFTER the game at the 50 yd line is not the same as celebrating a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69
    LT must have had some reason for being so upset because he is a classy player and don't believe that he was doing that out of bad sportsmanship.
    I couldn't agree with you more. LT has never exhibited bad sportsmanship.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19
    I dont know how long you have been watching football, but I see teams celebrate like that all the time, espically when they are going to the championship game.
    Been watching football for quite awhile and have never see another NFL team mock another team after a win. I think you're making celebrating and mocking one in the same. How would your BRONCOS react if AFTER a game the other team ran to the 50 yd line and started saluting each other ??


    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19
    Sure, the pats were classless, but LT should have controlled his emotions.
    I dont think people are upset at LT for what he did, they are just a bit surprised. He is the last guy on the chargers that I wouldve expected to storm around the field after the game. There were a few pats players that were being classy and were trying to shake LTs hand but he just pushed them out of the way.
    I agree, he could have acted in a more GODLY manner.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by MissinMcCaffery
    I had respect for him before this game but after seeing him after the game he can go by the way of Marty,..NO RESPECT at all.
    NFL MVP...maybe he should act like it
    LT may have acted out of his character, but there was alot more said and done by the Patriots prior to the game then you are aware of. If he was your RB and you knew him like we do you wouldn't feel this way. He was standing up for good sportsmanship, something i'm sure you would hope for in your players. But it's cool, we are a rival so i understand.

    Here's to a great year and some tough battles for our 2 franchises next year

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,813
    You know what? you never see this type of thing in baseball. I guess because they play the other team 18 times a year, and if you show someone up, the next time they are at bat, they will be getting a fastball in the ribs.

    But as far as LT, I will give him a pass....It was out of character for him.

    The Patsies could have handled the situation with more class too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Under a Magnifying Glass
    Posts
    12,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ohyeah
    I was really shocked at the way he reacted after the game. It showed a lack of maturity on his part, and It looks like he started to believe his own press. that's not the way the league MVP should conduct himself. You never saw John Elway act that way after a loss, and as we all know he was in some bigger losses than LT will ever see.
    he felt disrespected i guess.... just because others are acting a fool, dont mean you gotta ruin your title as a classy person and go about and mention what they did, everyone saw it..... why would you bring yourself down with them, rather then just them...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    182
    I feel bad for LT, he had a great year this season for it to all be thrown out again. I honestly think as long as LT stays with the Chargers he will never win a Super Bowl, but that's my opinion. But staying on topic LT, while he acted classless had every right to pretty much storm off. Patriots are the real classless team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers
    I, like LT have no problem with the Patriots celebrating a win. Jump up and down all you want. However, mocking the CHARGERS by doing the "Merriman" dance AFTER the game at the 50 yd line is not the same as celebrating a win.



    I couldn't agree with you more. LT has never exhibited bad sportsmanship.
    how isnt merriman doing the "merriman dance" after he makes a tackle classless then, its not like it was a game changin play

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •