Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lt

Quote Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers
    I, like LT have no problem with the Patriots celebrating a win. Jump up and down all you want. However, mocking the CHARGERS by doing the "Merriman" dance AFTER the game at the 50 yd line is not the same as celebrating a win.

I couldn't agree with you more. LT has never exhibited bad sportsmanship.
    I think the Charger fans are a little bitter about the loss. This goes to show it. You come to the Bronco Message board and expect us to feel sorry for you? We Bronco fans have done nothing but show class and how dare you bring our team into your example.

I didn't see this "dance" you are referring to at the 50 yard line. These Patriots were picked to lose. These guys were happy they won. I never saw a TO Display, of going out on the star and dancing in the manner you portray.

I am sorry the Chargers lost. I was actually routing for them because I don't want the Colts to have the home field next weekend.

There was a small part of me routing the the Bolts mainly because of LT but the other side of me said "Go Brady" So yet once again, the Chargers will sit at home at watch.

It's your teams fault you didn't win. Don't get so ticked off at the Patriots for winning when they weren't given a chance.

LT should have shown better sportsmanship than he did. They lost. End of story. I have seen MUCH worse displays of winning in a game then your alleged Patriot slam on your "star"

I am not done with you yet.

We Bronco fans are still mourning our loss to the 49ers that put us out of the playoffs. Then we had to endure the DWill tragedy.

So Take your whiney ass to the Bolt boards and complain there. Not here.

CYA next year Bolts.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 01-15-2007 at 05:03 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

how can sum of yall stand up for LT for what he did.........yes he is one of the classiest players in the league but come on.........he dont say nothin when merriman does his liitle does everytime he gets a sack...........you dont see opposin team get mad at them when merriman does his dance............. he is makin a big deal out of nothin.......didnt his team celebrated when he broke the td record when we played them the second time at san diego........u didnt see none of the broncos players complain about that..........so LT just needs to shut up and quit cryin like a little girl......becuz he is a hypocrite.........his team was the one who was favor it was his team job to win..........
    I support Kaepernick 100%

The Bolt fans are just mad cuz they lost. Marty loses yet again.

For the San Diego fans to come here and complain on our boards, like I already said, is ridiculous.

Take it elsewhere.

We have our own sorrows and don't need Bolt fans whining about their loss on our boards.

If they want to discuss the game fine but I for one will not let these SD fans come here and make us feel sorry for them.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by MNSuperChargers
    I must agree, Elway had some pretty bad losses. However, no one disrespected him or his team by mocking them after a loss. I don't agree with your comment about maturity, I think he was mad about the lost and the disrepect sent him over the top. He is one of the most humblest guys in all of football. He is always about the team and never about himself. He never calls out a teammate for losing a game. The MVP could not have gone to a better guy.

You have to be able to withstand things like what the Patriots did after the game, they showed no class. That is what sets you apart from the Terrell Owens and Randy Moss's in the league. There are Players in this league who act like they are still in college with taunting and trash talking, but those are the players that don't get remembered, what is important is how you conduct yourselves on AND off the field, that is what gets remembered after your playing days are over. LT is a great player and deserved to win, but I don't want to see him stoop to the level of those Patriots players who chose to embarrass their team after such a big win. But the responsibility for their actions ultimately lies with the Head Coach. Winning is one thing but Respect is another.
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

Bleeding Orange and Blue (Literally)

Both sides are classless. LT shouldn't have done what he did but then again NE is on their way to their 4th SB appearance in 6 years, you'd think they'd know how to act after winning a game.

However, what LT said about Coach B, really made me laugh

LT and his "classy" chargers company are all a bunch of bad losers. He is talking about how good he is and in the next sentence he offends their coach. They just thought they were the team to beat, they thought they were way better than the Pats, they must be pretty disillusioned right now.
    Was funny to watch their calmness after the game, the Pats were much too decent. Win it, celebrate. Don't see the problem dancing around on a stupid logo and copying gestures, just another style of trash talking.

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000
    Both sides are classless. LT shouldn't have done what he did but then again NE is on their way to their 4th SB appearance in 6 years, you'd think they'd know how to act after winning a game.

However, what LT said about Coach B, really made me laugh
    Yeah.. that comment was a bit overboard. I respect LT and think he is a classact and I defended last night when a lot said that he was showing his true color. I still think he was right to be upset about being disrespected but he did take it a bit far with his comments and calling himself classy (a classy person doesn't need to say they are classy).

Thinking back at it all now though... the Pats mocked Merriman more than they mocked the Chargers with that stupid roid rage dance. LT defended his teammate, which is admirable but Merriman doesn't show a lot of people respect so in it's own way, he deserved to be mocked.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Guys, don't be ridiculous. If the Patriots beat us in our house and then went to mid field and danced on the logo -- or worse, started doing the Mile High Salute -- I'd want our players to stand up for the organization too. What L.T. did is not "classless" or "immature", it was in fact something I'd want a player to do in the face of such poor sportsmanship.

And yes, I hate the Chargers and I'm glad they lost. But I don't see how you can call L.T. out for responding to what the Patriots were doing -- you know full well that if it was our Broncos on the receiving end you'd be entirely behind L.T.'s actions (if he were on our team).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

when the Chargers beat the Patriots in the regular season last year they were saying things like:

Quote:
    One after the other, sweaty, smiling members of the San Diego Chargers walked through the massive concrete artery that leads to the visitors locker room in Gillette Stadium.

As they walked, tearing grass-stained tape from their hands, they gloated aloud about their just-finished, 41-17 hammering of the New England Patriots.

"That's an ass-whipping," said defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

"21-1, now," tackle Leander Jordan announced, referring to the Patriots' punctured 21-game home winning streak.

"F___ New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your ass."

"We just kept the intensity up," said Chargers center Nick Hartwick. "They don't like when you keep pushing and shoving and keep coming after them."

payback is a b*tch

Quote Originally Posted by PEDD
    when the Chargers beat the Patriots in the regular season last year they were saying things like:

Quote:
    One after the other, sweaty, smiling members of the San Diego Chargers walked through the massive concrete artery that leads to the visitors locker room in Gillette Stadium.

As they walked, tearing grass-stained tape from their hands, they gloated aloud about their just-finished, 41-17 hammering of the New England Patriots.

"That's an ass-whipping," said defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

"21-1, now," tackle Leander Jordan announced, referring to the Patriots' punctured 21-game home winning streak.

"F___ New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your ass."

"We just kept the intensity up," said Chargers center Nick Hartwick. "They don't like when you keep pushing and shoving and keep coming after them."

payback is a b*tch
    Sweet sweet karma.

LT gets a pass. And yes belichik has shown signs of arrogance and no-class(the faulty handshake, shoving cameraman, fake hug). Besides they celebrated like they haven't won before. They know they were lucky and caught the biggest breaks to win that game. As much as I hated the Colts, I sure as hell would hate it more to see the patsies win another SB. So go Colts!

LT lost some credibility

Okay...I understand where LT is coming from, however...he shouldn't have lost his cool. I mean...if the Pats want to act like idiots and want to be classless...let them. BUT...don't bring yourself down to their level by acting like a little baby. I mean...players from other teams mock the "Mile High Salute" all the time and I have never, not once seen a Broncos player get mad and go after another player.

C'mon LT...keep your cool..you are a very good player...but don't turn into one of these whiny, complaining football players. There are already too many in the NFL.

Keep an eye on LT this next year...this incident may be the start of something...or not...we'll see.

I guess the San Diego Super Chokers are yet again...the "best team NOT to reach the SB".

Let's go Saints

Quote Originally Posted by AznBroncoFan
    LT gets a pass. And yes belichik has shown signs of arrogance and no-class(the faulty handshake, shoving cameraman, fake hug). Besides they celebrated like they haven't won before. They know they were lucky and caught the biggest breaks to win that game. As much as I hated the Colts, I sure as hell would hate it more to see the patsies win another SB. So go Colts!
    alot of the players on this years pats team havent won anything before. there has been alot of turnover since their last SB team. Its like saying that just because the broncs went back to back that we shouldnt be able to celebrate if we make it to the AFCCG next year

LT mocked the Broncos when he insisted on getting the TD record even though SD was up by 21 in the waning seconds.

To me, that's complete disrespect and lack of class.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsCrowEater
    LT mocked the Broncos when he insisted on getting the TD record even though SD was up by 21 in the waning seconds.

To me, that's complete disrespect and lack of class.
    How ridiculous.

I saw someone else call LT a bad loser. Another ridiculous statement. When the Chargers were terrible his first few years in the league, was he complaining? Did he ever show bad sportsmanship? Ladainian is one of the classiest people in football, and when he loses his cool some of you are like "OMG, he lost his cool!! He shouldn't of done that!!" Jesus christ give him a break. Like none of you guys have EVER lost your cool. The Pats were mocking the Chargers. If someone were to mock me, I wouldn't have any respect for them.