Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LT Did the right thing

I think everyone is blowing this whole LT thing out of proportion. I honestly think that he did the thing that anyone with a sense of pride in their organization and team would have done confronted with the same circumstances. Celebrating is one thing, dancing on the logo of an opposing team and completely disrespecting them is another.

Now before you say, "oh they lost he shouldn't complain they coulda won," there was an incident in 2000 where Terrell Owens ran to the center of the Cowboys field and celebrated by spiking the football on their star. Safety George Teague runs up and hits TO from behind. Most people certainly did not disagree with what Teague did. Why is LT's situation any different? Because they put up more of a fight?

Dancing on the center of someone's field with their signature dance mocking them is clearly disrespectful. It shows absolutely no class to mock an opponent who nearly knocked you out of the playoffs. LaDanian also played one hell of a game, he certainly wasn't he reason why the Chargers lost. If anyone had the right to be upset, it was definitely LT.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour
    I think everyone is blowing this whole LT thing out of proportion. I honestly think that he did the thing that anyone with a sense of pride in their organization and team would have done confronted with the same circumstances. Celebrating is one thing, dancing on the logo of an opposing team and completely disrespecting them is another.

Now before you say, "oh they lost he shouldn't complain they coulda won," there was an incident in 2000 where Terrell Owens ran to the center of the Cowboys field and celebrated by spiking the football on their star. Safety George Teague runs up and hits TO from behind. Most people certainly did not disagree with what Teague did. Why is LT's situation any different? Because they put up more of a fight?

Dancing on the center of someone's field with their signature dance mocking them is clearly disrespectful. It shows absolutely no class to mock an opponent who nearly knocked you out of the playoffs. LaDanian also played one hell of a game, he certainly wasn't he reason why the Chargers lost. If anyone had the right to be upset, it was definitely LT.
    good post.
    [URL=http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=1787675&postcount=363]THE TRUTH[/URL]

They have a problem with LT because he is a GREAT player. Its called jealousy and anytime someone is jealous of someone else, they look for anything and everything to try and bring them down.

I am sure if we all thought hard enough, we can point out a few cases of our very own beloved Broncos who might have not handled a situation after a game the way they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    They have a problem with LT because he is a GREAT player. Its called jealousy and anytime someone is jealous of someone else, they look for anything and everything to try and bring them down.

I am sure if we all thought hard enough, we can point out a few cases of our very own beloved Broncos who might have not handled a situation after a game the way they should have.

Maybe you shouldn't speak for the whole crowd when you don't know their personal opinions/reasons.

It was a mix of jealousy and being disrespected.

I am with LT on everything except the ProBowl issue with him and Bellichick.

But there's a difference between being upset and having some tact about it. I agree with him confronting players on the field after the game. I agree with him walking off and not shaking hands. When asked about it following the game, I would have been perfectly happy if he would have said "there were things being done following the game that I took as disrespectful to myself, my teammates, the organization and the fans, and I didn't appreciate the way it was handled." That shows tact, while still being upset.

However, when you call out a team, a coach, etc. you cross a line. You go from being upset about what happened to simply being a poor loser. You can be upset about being disrespected, but that would seem to preclude oneself from being disrespectful back.
    Last edited by bavanlan; 01-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.
    [img]https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/bavanlan/Filemanager_Public_Files/ColtsGeeksSigDenver.jpg[/img]

LT made his point after the game.....and he should have stopped there.....................he addressed the media about it the next day again...............he needs to get over it......imo
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

As I said in the other thread... I agree that with what L.T. did on the field, sticking up for his team and his organization... However...

Where I don't agree with him was when he kept whining about it in the locker room and then went as far as to call out the other coach during a press conference, right after he calls himself classy... 1st of all, you don't call yourself classy, you let others judge that... 2nd, it had nothing to do with Bill Belicheck, and he was out of line bringing him into it. You think Bill said, "Ok, after the game, you guys go to midfield and do the Merriman dance." Obviously not.

I totally agree with sticking up for your teammate and your pride in the heat of the moment... I don't agree with carrying it over to the press conference and calling out a head coach right after you call yourself classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    As I said in the other thread... I agree that with what L.T. did on the field, sticking up for his team and his organization... However...

Where I don't agree with him was when he kept whining about it in the locker room and then went as far as to call out the other coach during a press conference, right after he calls himself classy... 1st of all, you don't call yourself classy, you let others judge that... 2nd, it had nothing to do with Bill Belicheck, and he was out of line bringing him into it. You think Bill said, "Ok, after the game, you guys go to midfield and do the Merriman dance." Obviously not.

I totally agree with sticking up for your teammate and your pride in the heat of the moment... I don't agree with carrying it over to the press conference and calling out a head coach right after you call yourself classy.
    yea calling out the others teams coach,right there shows a lack of class...

LT was upset. He needs to get over it just like everyone else does. LT is one of the better players in the game but he's not perfect. And his critics for this incident need to get rid of their "I'm holier than thou attitude".

Although I would like to point out that TD got his Mile High Salute mocked all the time by opposing teams. I used to get p*ssed when I saw that happen as I'm sure many of the Broncos & fans did as well.

It was a couple of players on the patriots who did this...not the whole team.

L.T. was probably frustrated because he touched the ball 8 times in the 2nd half..didnt' get one touch while the game was tied...

Additionally, word is that the Chargers were talking all kinds of smack during the game.

Plain and simple, if you don't the opposing team disrespecting you on your homefield, dont let them win.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Instead of saying (in essence) 'darn that Bill Belicheck for beating our patooties', he ought to say 'F that Chokenheimer for only giving me the ball 8 times in the second half.'

1 playoff game, 1 Chokenheimer Special served up.

On a side note, there is breaking news out of the Chargers camp:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Who didn't see that coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Plain and simple, if you don't the opposing team disrespecting you on your homefield, dont let them win.
    And let them win they did.

I'm not sure, but I don't think LT just came out talking about this incident. I'm sure he was asked about the situation as soon as he took the podium. He just explained why he took offense to it both yesterday and after the game. The problem is, it comes across as him *****ing over and over.

LT was just trying to stand up for his team,
    Organization, and the fans most of all
    Doing that to the opposing fans from the Pats
    Was just uncalled for IMHO!

Looking at the Patriots organization over the past decade, they have not demonstrated very much class. Deion Branch leading receiver, Super Bowl MVP? We're not going to pay you, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Willie McGinest? Thanks for helping us win those Super Bowls. Well it was fun, but we're not going to reward you. Richard Seymour? Sorry you had to hold out before we noticed what you meant to this team. Tom Brady? Take a pay cut! We'll spend it on other players! Ty Law? Thanks for the memories, we loved you but we just don't like you any more. Bye.

These kinds of things get to players around the league. And the Patriots certainly have not respected or shown class towards the players of the NFL. This incident is just another clear example of the lack of class the Patriots have displayed during the Belichick era. The NFL may be just a business, but it was bound to slip out sooner or later that the Patriots just are not a classy organization. And LT probably has more insight as a player to know where it really stems from. Granted, it was not classy to say it, but he was just being honest.