Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Future of Virtual Trading Cards

I'd like to get some feedback on what new things you'd like to see us do with the virtual trading cards going forward. New format? New method of release? New collections? I know there are some other threads with specific suggestions, but this is an open call for any ideas you have. We've already begun our planning and budgeting for the year, so if we're going to make any radical changes we need to decide in the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance for your input!

We all know the summer's are busy and so many of us would like to get in on the draft collection when they start. I know part of this collecting is being able to get them the day they are available and that's all part of the fun. What I would like to see change is all the active collectors get a bulk email alerting us to start checking soon for upcoming collections.

Other than that I've been very pleased with how it works and looks. I do some Flash work myself and I know the programming gets very intense and you've been able to run this with very little problems. Great job!

First of all, I have been very happy with all the sets in the past, the addition of the cheerleader set was great. Great work admin and all others involved

How about a shannahan card, he's part of the team and maybe Thunder w/the rider. Maybe a coaching staff set? The format and back ground are nice, but change is also good to help distinguish the sets.

Looking forward to the next set already.
    Last edited by AzBroncoFan67; 01-18-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

My ideas....

During the season:

I would like to see a Head Coach, Off. Cordinator, Def Cordinator cards.

Maybe some offseason ideas:

It would be awesome to see a Darrent Williams Tribute set.

And I would love a Broncos Legends set, with Elway, Davis, Eddie Mac and some older legends like Dennis smith, Atwater, and even way back. and maybe they could have a little write-up on the back telling about what has went on in their life after football and stuff like that. I would love to know what our guys have been up to.

Anyway, thanks for providing these cards for us. they are awesome. Just another reason that the Denver Broncos are the best team in the world.

I like the email alert idea and the players of the past set idea.

Also, with sets like the draft or cheerleaders, since they aren't released really during season, if there was like one day where you could choose like say 5 cards from that set. Thats one thing I missed this season was not getting all the cheerleaders and draft

Would like to see a D Will set and a Legends set as well.

I like the idea of a Legend set. A D-Will set is also a nice idea

I like the idea of an email notification also. I was lucky this year but it took me quite a bit last year to get the Rookie set. Also like the idea of a Legends set. Other than that, you guys have been doing a great job and I really enjoy collecting these.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Yep, It's a party [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4872/elwayhit4mt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3606/7fan3027vc.jpg[/IMG][/URL][B]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]Sigs by me[/COLOR][/B]

So far the email idea and the legend set idea are great suggestions..

I really like how the cards are now and it runs very smoothly. I noticed one of my suggestions of organizing the cards in our portfolio by year was put into action and I really appreciate that. That was really my only suggestion.

One other thing and this is just for convenience purposes but would it be possible to have the last set that was viewed be the set that comes up when we log in. Mine goes back to the 2004 set by default. Not sure if this is the same for everybody....

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman
    So far the email idea and the legend set idea are great suggestions..

I really like how the cards are now and it runs very smoothly. I noticed one of my suggestions of organizing the cards in our portfolio by year was put into action and I really appreciate that. That was really my only suggestion.

One other thing and this is just for convenience purposes but would it be possible to have the last set that was viewed be the set that comes up when we log in. Mine goes back to the 2004 set by default. Not sure if this is the same for everybody....

Thanks for all the hard work!!

I think it's the same for everyone. It just takes you back to "start" for some reason. Same for me.

I also like the legends set idea. Heck, ANY set is cool with me. I'll download an Invesco Field Crew/Groundskeepers set if they offer one! lol

The legends set has been mentioned before. And a Shanahan card should definately be in a set somewhere. That would be a good addition to the main set actually.

A coaches set would be pretty cool. Not sure how excited I would be with that one though really. Anyone want a Coyer card these days? lol

How about a VARIETY SET? Pics could include the Barrelman, Bucky atop the south stands, the logo in the north, various fans (entering the stadium, waving the orange poms, etc), execs, select coaches (HC's), Thunder (1 and 2), Miles, a shot inside the team store, the trophy case at Dove Valley, and those two real purty ones in the corner, lol. That kind of stuff.

Super Bowl Stars set.

Ring of Famers set.

A game action set. Shots of plays in action, with more than just one player in the pics. Even diagrams of some more famous plays.

Highlight plays set. The "helicopter", Rod's TD in the snow against Oakland, plays like that. These last two could even be combined.

The e-mail notification is a good idea. They could send it to all those who completed the latest set. But that wont cover everyone. Not any new people. We still gonna need an announcement here.

The game action set is a good idea

How bout actual rare cards?

Like 10 cards could be given out at random by the computer.

It would make those cards fairly valuable. (Digitally speaking.)

And I'm sure users could find creative ways to use them.

For example,

My rare 97 Elway throwback card

for

Both 2004 and 2005 sets.

Some users would go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn
    I think it's the same for everyone. It just takes you back to "start" for some reason. Same for me.

I also like the legends set idea. Heck, ANY set is cool with me. I'll download an Invesco Field Crew/Groundskeepers set if they offer one! lol

The legends set has been mentioned before. And a Shanahan card should definately be in a set somewhere. That would be a good addition to the main set actually.

A coaches set would be pretty cool. Not sure how excited I would be with that one though really. Anyone want a Coyer card these days? lol

How about a VARIETY SET? Pics could include the Barrelman, Bucky atop the south stands, the logo in the north, various fans (entering the stadium, waving the orange poms, etc), execs, select coaches (HC's), Thunder (1 and 2), Miles, a shot inside the team store, the trophy case at Dove Valley, and those two real purty ones in the corner, lol. That kind of stuff.

Super Bowl Stars set.

Ring of Famers set.

A game action set. Shots of plays in action, with more than just one player in the pics. Even diagrams of some more famous plays.

Highlight plays set. The "helicopter", Rod's TD in the snow against Oakland, plays like that. These last two could even be combined.

The e-mail notification is a good idea. They could send it to all those who completed the latest set. But that wont cover everyone. Not any new people. We still gonna need an announcement here.

I am new this year but with the help of JWinn and others I have the complete 2006 set.

I love the idea of a legends set! But as JWinn said any set I would download.

Which brings me to another idea I liked. If I could be sent a PM telling me when to start looking for new cards, any cards! I would make sure and get on, if for nothing else just to get them. I don't have any cheerleader cards. And they seem to be hard to get If I knew when to start looking That would be great!
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 01-18-2007 at 11:53 PM.

1. Have a calender posted of when a card will be released ie.
    Jay Cutler Nov 4.
    Mike Bell Nov 5

This would help after the first go around. That way we would know what day that the cards we are missing would get posted. Even during the first go around it will be nice. I think this would limit some of the trading.

2. I like the idea of a coaching staff and legends set.

3. Keep JWINN, he does a great job for all of us
    Last edited by squints; 01-19-2007 at 01:18 AM.

email notification definitly.

I'd like the video part of the cards to have the players introducing themselves like they do on tv. Player and college for instance.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..