• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drunk Bronco
    Special Teams
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
    theres been fake jerseys as long as theres been ebay so whats the big fuss now?
    darrent williams

sigpic

Comment

• 22cannon
      Captain
      • Nov 2006

Those signatures are stitched on, geez can't you tell?

His real sig does'nt look anything like that (I have one)

Comment

• champbronc2
        R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by 22cannon
        Those signatures are stitched on, geez can't you tell?

His real sig does'nt look anything like that (I have one)
        That's not the issue.

The issue is that it isn't a real jersey. It isn't authentic.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

• broncogurl05
          Practice Squad
          • Nov 2006

I can't believe somebody would do something like that just to make a buck. It's just sick.
          B.Gurl 05

There's two dates in time
          That they'll carve on your stone
          And everyone knows what they mean
          What's more important
          Is the time that is known
          In that little dash there in between
          -Garth Brooks

Comment

• CB123
            Bench Warmer
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
            Who the **** voted REAL?
            Either the people that actually sell these jerseys, or the few who incorrectly voted for them being real! Or maybe some that really do think that these are cheap "authentic" jerseys!

And "BIG HOUSE," the fuss is about people selling these fake and ugly looking jerseys, in order to exploit people that are trying to find a legit-authentic jersey, after the death of D-Will (even if these are blatantly fake).
            Last edited by CB123; 01-19-2007, 06:08 PM.
            "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

• BroncoInMich
              Banned User
              • Nov 2005

this one looks exactly like the one i got from sportsfan a couple weeks ago that i was going to put on ebay when i got laid off right after that.

Comment

• Drunk Bronco
                Special Teams
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BroncoInMich
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Darrent-Williams...QQcmdZViewItem

this one looks exactly like the one i got from sportsfan a couple weeks ago that i was going to put on ebay when i got laid off right after that.
                ya that one is kool,Its a real replica even thats better than that FAKE sewn crap atleast its a real NFL product not a bootleg

sigpic

Comment

• GeneralSterlingPrice
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
                  If these are REAL KOOL,If not not then **** EVIL EBAY...Don't know all the facts tho,what do you guys think?

http://search.ebay.com/Darrent-Willi...inZtQQsbrsrtZd

HeH... If those were any more fake, they wouldn't exist. I Love the quote "Mr. Williams signature sewn right into the Numbers" Who knew Darrent had such elegant handwriting?

Comment

• GeneralSterlingPrice
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by broncogurl05
                    I can't believe somebody would do something like that just to make a buck. It's just sick.

Ever since Ebay was created this has been happening. As soon as a celebrity dies or a tragedy occurs. the leeches come out. Remember all the auctions started right after September, 11, 2001? When Dale Earnhardt died they almost had to start a new category with his name on it. The only way to combat this type of auction is to not buy from that seller. Ever.

Comment

• BroncoNic
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ohyeah
                      ......I Love the quote "Mr. Williams signature sewn right into the Numbers" Who knew Darrent had such elegant handwriting?
                      I was thinking the same thing. And what athlete writes out their full name that clear? None I've ever seen.

Comment

• BroncsSB#3
                        Special Teams
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BroncoNic
                        I was thinking the same thing. And what athlete writes out their full name that clear? None I've ever seen.
                        Thats the first thing I thought when I read the description. Its just your average basic cursive lettering and its supposed to be his actual signature. These people must be idiots. Either that or they think the people looking at the their auctions are idiots that will actually fall for that crap.
                        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Marinecorpsat82
                          Practice Squad
                          • Feb 2007

While the signature series jersey are definitely aan issue. There are some very reputable dealers on ebay. the key is to see how long a person has been selling and what the feedback is.

I have gotten a few jerseys from ebay dealers at a much lower price than retail and all have been what was advertised including an authentic DW jersey. Mine is identical to what is sold in stores for 200+ dollars! came factory sealed with nfl serial number and tags.

What should be upsetting to people is that the markup on these jerseys is so high at local team stores.

I am sorry to say that those of you that are getting upset about people making money off of DW but flock to buy a jersey at the team store are allowing the store to profit off of that sale! It is called capitalism they will not sell it if they wont make money. Something to think about.

Are some of the DW jerseys on ebay fake? Yes. But there are alot that are very real and inexpensive just be careful who you deal with and remember a picture is not always the best.

But i am concerned about the level of elitism that i have seen in this.

Comment

• JWinn
                            Go Broncos!
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Marinecorpsat82
                            While the signature series jersey are definitely aan issue. There are some very reputable dealers on ebay. the key is to see how long a person has been selling and what the feedback is.

I have gotten a few jerseys from ebay dealers at a much lower price than retail and all have been what was advertised including an authentic DW jersey. Mine is identical to what is sold in stores for 200+ dollars! came factory sealed with nfl serial number and tags.

What should be upsetting to people is that the markup on these jerseys is so high at local team stores.

I am sorry to say that those of you that are getting upset about people making money off of DW but flock to buy a jersey at the team store are allowing the store to profit off of that sale! It is called capitalism they will not sell it if they wont make money. Something to think about.

Are some of the DW jerseys on ebay fake? Yes. But there are alot that are very real and inexpensive just be careful who you deal with and remember a picture is not always the best.

Elitism?

Hey, if you wanna believe your getting a real Reebok made authentic jersey for 50 bucks, go for it..............

Comment

• Jermz79
                              Starter
                              • Jun 2005

The elitism in what, people complaining about another trying to make a buck off the untimely death of a football star? Because I hardly see that as elitism.

I would rather flock to the team store and give my money into a well established reputable company rather than some hack on Ebay, who will then turn around and use it to screw the next fool born yesterday. The only way to end the flood of hacks like this is to quit supporting them.

just my 2 pennies!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Marinecorpsat82
                                Practice Squad
                                • Feb 2007

You make a couple of assumptions. First that anyone selling anything on ebay is dishonest and secondly that every local retailer is honest.

The issue is this while there are some that are dishonest on ebay or any other mail order site there are good honest people that do not take advantage of others. While the bad ones do ruin it for the good the reality is again you are lumping everyone into the same group.

As for the flood of DW jerseys now unfortunately most people wanted Atwater jerseys before. It is the nature of people. And while I thinkk that it is positive because with all of the DW jerseys out there it will remind people of how a fine young man was killed so senselessly.

But to get mad that people are making money off sales of DW jersey is silly. I will say that those that fake jersey both on ebay and retail stores or those that mark up prices higher because of what it is are losers I even have issues with those on ebay that only sell DW jerseys. But with the markups the NFL store or local retailers are profiting much more off DW than a legit ebay seller.

How is it that NFL.Com can reduce the price of jersey by 1/3 for a sale and more for players that move to another team? Simple it is a huge markup. Even at $50.00 for a replica jersey NFL.Com still makes at $20.00 on it. you know that they will not sell everything at a loss. I hate to say it but the markup of team jerseys is very high. So that being true isnt NFL.com and the local stores making more off the death of DW than some guy that runs a reputable online store selling authentic jerseys of all kinds for a little above cost? To catogorize everyone that sells on ebay as a hack or dishonest is not a fair generalization. And basically it is plain wrong.

To me it is obvious research the seller read what others have said about them how long have they been selling. If someone has started selling in 2007 then yes don't buy from them but if someone has been selling online for a couple of years and has plenty of positive feedback about products then what is the deal? Honest people seeling the real deal will have feedback from many buyers stating that. Basically the only difference is you do not pay as much for it. For example: I baught an authentic Larry Walker Jersey in a local store for $195.00 a few years back. My wife baught me for christmas 2 yrs ago an authentic Todd Helton Jersey on ebay for under $50.00 put the 2 side by side and you can tell they are both the same jersey just different sizes and numbers.

To me it is asinine to pay $200.00+ for a jersey that with some research you can get legitimately for in some cases under $70.00.

All I am saying is do not be so quick to judge. In fact while ebay has had a run on DW jerseys where were they in the local stores before he died? I looked at alot of stores selling Jerseys before DW died and did not see his. Saw M. Bell, Tatum, Lynch, Bailey, Walker, Smith, Cutler, Plummer. But no DW. Why simply the demand was not there, now it is so are these stores at fault too under the logic that says "those leaches are trying to profit off DW now that he is gone?

Just something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X