Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worst SB EVER

I like the Bears. Class organization and I always seemed to run into classy Bears fans.

I think the Colts will steamroll em, but that won't bug me too much. I'm getting a little tired of people dogging on Manning when he is clearly a great QB.

So either Manning gets a Superbowl that he deserves, or the Bears do, an organization I respect. Win/ Win for me.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

sorry i jumped the gun i wrote off Peyton and the colts after the INT for a TD. what a great game one of the best non-broncos playoff games ive seen. I love the colts they are my #2 team, im happy now!!!

Samuel is a great CB but he gets the opportunity to make plays.

I think this years SB will be good despite the fact that we're not in it. A great offense against great defense. It will be interesting to see how Manning can play against the Bears D.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastique
    Great D vs a Great O. THe O wins every time since the cap was put in. D's don't win championships anymore O's do. The Bears D is going to make it interesting but their inept O is the defining factor. Grossman vs Manning? I know where my money is going to be. D's keep is close but O's decide games.
    Umm.... think back to Buccaneers over Raiders and Ravens over Giants. But this SB, it's the Colts time to shine. I hate hearing about the over-rated bears all season. It's about time they lose.

Oh and I thought Champ and Samuel are tied with 10 INT's each. (regular season)

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40
    sorry i jumped the gun i wrote off Peyton and the colts after the INT for a TD. what a great game one of the best non-broncos playoff games ive seen. I love the colts they are my #2 team, im happy now!!!
    Interesting that you wrote off Peyton and the Colts so early. I sure didn't.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts win one.

Colts 31
    Bears 20

I am hoping for a Colts victory....

Payton...whether you hate him or love him..

no denying he is a good QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Plastique
    Great D vs a Great O. THe O wins every time since the cap was put in. D's don't win championships anymore O's do. The Bears D is going to make it interesting but their inept O is the defining factor. Grossman vs Manning? I know where my money is going to be. D's keep is close but O's decide games.

That really couldnt be more wrong. Since 2000 no dominant offense has won.

2000 - Ravens
    2001- Rams vs. Patriots
    2002- Bucs vs. Raiders
    2003- Patriots vs. Panthers
    2004- Patriots vs. Eagles
    2005-Steelrs vs. Seahawks

The Patriots beat the best show on turf, then the Bucs beat the #1 offense in the NFL with a saftey being the MVP, then the Pats and Panthers played two different games in one, the latter being the shootout, but it was the Patriot defense that dominated for the majority of that game. Same story in 04, 3 picks by the Pat defense and a 2nd straight superbowl. Steelers vs. Seahawks? The league MVP in Alexander, the best scoring offense in the NFL vs. a very phyiscal, fast defense in Pittsburg. Yea, I'd say the defenses have dominated.

You can go back further, 99 it was a defensive stand that won the Rams the game, 98 Denvers defense dominated, as well as the offense, but you get the idea. 97 it was Denvers defense that rose to the occasion on 4th and 6, 96, you cant argue that one. 95, the Superbowl MVP wasnt Emmit, it wasnt Irvin or Troy, it was a DB by the name of Larry Brown. 94 it was a complete offensive domination, but you get the point. Defense is where its at, however, I think the Colt defense will do enough to win this game.

Alright, well I think one of the crappiest Superbowls ever that I've gotten to watch and remember would have to be last year. I think that Seattle deserved to win. Plus everyone knows they got screwed by the refs.

Another one would be the Panthers-Patriots game. 1. The Panthers shoot themselves in the foot by kicking the ball out of bounds and making it easy for the Patriots to put Viniatieri in range....bam...undeserving Superbowl win.

and then someone was talking about random comments made by commentators. During the Colts-Patriots game the other day I heard one of them say that Brady was the comeback King.

I immediately started ranting at the t.v. and whoever said it that they didn't know crap about football if they think Brady is the Comeback King...

If my memory and the records show correctly ....isn't our very own #7 the Comeback King of the NFL??????? No one has more 4th quarter comebacks than Elway.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco
    Alright, well I think one of the crappiest Superbowls ever that I've gotten to watch and remember would have to be last year. I think that Seattle deserved to win. Plus everyone knows they got screwed by the refs.

Another one would be the Panthers-Patriots game. 1. The Panthers shoot themselves in the foot by kicking the ball out of bounds and making it easy for the Patriots to put Viniatieri in range....bam...undeserving Superbowl win.

and then someone was talking about random comments made by commentators. During the Colts-Patriots game the other day I heard one of them say that Brady was the comeback King.

I immediately started ranting at the t.v. and whoever said it that they didn't know crap about football if they think Brady is the Comeback King...

If my memory and the records show correctly ....isn't our very own #7 the Comeback King of the NFL??????? No one has more 4th quarter comebacks than Elway.
    Thats exactly what I was saying when I heard them say Brady was the Comeback King. He has 47 4th quarter comebacks if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by gindaorshaman; 01-24-2007 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BVP
    Well, I hate to say this, but Samuel is a pretty damn good CB. He has more picks than Champ, so I don't blame the announcers making the comparision.
    Probably because his DL is better and he gets more throws thrown his way