Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Todd Saueroids

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Locker 41
    Posts
    1,098
    i take sauerbraun anyday
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

    I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    I suppose that is my cue. Next time, a simple announcing of my name will do.

    Todd Sauerbrun averaged 51.4 yards. Holy cow right? I mean, with a cannon leg like his, who wouldn't want him.

    Oops, forgot something. He outkicked his coverage by a little, as evident by the 13.3 yard average by the returner. Know what that is? Its when he kicks his kicks too long and not high enough for how deep he is booting it.

    So, tonight he had a net average of 38.1 yards a punt. About the same as he did here last year. 38 yards a punt isn't elite, but its pretty good. I won't post this years stats since it took him a while to get back into groove after his hiatus (thus significantly dropping it).

    Ernster had a net average of 36.6 yards a punt for the year. Thats average pretty much, far from great. So yea, Sauerbrun is the better punter.


    So here is the kicker, why we kept Ernster (which was not the blunder of the NFL at all, in fact, it was a darn solid move):

    1. Ernster is the better kickoff specialist. In fact, we led the league in kickoffs with 67.9 yards a kick. Sauerbrun did 65.4 yards a kick for us last year. Ernster also had 19 TB this year, while Todd had 14 (while kicking 5 more kicks too). I used Sauerbrun's Denver stats since the thin air is a factor and gave him a bigger boost.

    2. Ernster is more versatile. He can do punting, kickoffs, and place kicks. Handy just in case Elam decides to run a trick FG again.

    3. He's not on NFL banned substances. Sauerbrun was twice. Don't float real well with Shanny.

    4. Despite Ernster having a average at best punting avg. this year, one thing should be kept in mind: rookies NEVER (and I mean never never never) have a good first year. Yes, hes a rookie, he did not record a single stat last year.

    I could pull up the numbers of the top 5 kickers this year and you would be surprised they still had jobs after the woes they had in their rookie years. Ernster beat all of their numbers (some by long shots). So do I think he may develop into something better? Yes. Do I think he's HoF material? No, but if I'm dreaming I will say yes (since he is a Bronco )

    5. Cheaper. Plain and simple. And younger too. Sauerbrun (although punters/kickers can last a long time in the NFL) is no spring chicken at age 34 (his birthday was on the 4th, happy B day big guy, stay away from needles).

    So yes, some moron will come in here and say that Ernster was the better choice. But hey, if you don't want me to interrupt the country club meeting, I'll leave.



    See point numero uno above
    Cinn, its easy to lead the league in kickoffs when you're home stadium is in Denver

    he (Ernster) should have MOPPED the floor with the other kickers on that fact alone

    Im not saying Sauerbrun is the best kicker in the league i just feel as though we could do MUCH better than Paul Ernster

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    4,230
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    1. Ernster is the better kickoff specialist. In fact, we led the league in kickoffs with 67.9 yards a kick. Sauerbrun did 65.4 yards a kick for us last year. Ernster also had 19 TB this year, while Todd had 14 (while kicking 5 more kicks too). I used Sauerbrun's Denver stats since the thin air is a factor and gave him a bigger boost.

    See point numero uno above
    C'mon he averaged 2.5 more yards on kick off. Nit picking. I was pretty obvious Ernster wasn't exactly helping the special teams issues. You don't have to look up stats to realize this. Just watch the games.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    Cinn, its easy to lead the league in kickoffs when you're home stadium is in Denver

    he (Ernster) should have MOPPED the floor with the other kickers on that fact alone

    Im not saying Sauerbrun is the best kicker in the league i just feel as though we could do MUCH better than Paul Ernster
    It might be a bit easier, but Sauerbrun was also kicking here remember?

    Both had an even playing field in the thin air category.

    Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo
    C'mon he averaged 2.5 more yards on kick off. Nit picking. I was pretty obvious Ernster wasn't exactly helping the special teams issues. You don't have to look up stats to realize this. Just watch the games.
    And Sauerbrun averaged a whole whopping 1.5 yards more on punts. Call it nitpicking, but those yards count. 4 yards on punts can either make an average kicker or an elite kicker.

    Oh, and its obviously not nitpicking since Ernster had more touchbacks that Sauerbrun, despite Todd having 5 more shots. Guess that 2.5 yards does amount to something.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    co
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    I suppose that is my cue. Next time, a simple announcing of my name will do.

    Todd Sauerbrun averaged 51.4 yards. Holy cow right? I mean, with a cannon leg like his, who wouldn't want him.

    Oops, forgot something. He outkicked his coverage by a little, as evident by the 13.3 yard average by the returner. Know what that is? Its when he kicks his kicks too long and not high enough for how deep he is booting it.

    So, tonight he had a net average of 38.1 yards a punt. About the same as he did here last year. 38 yards a punt isn't elite, but its pretty good. I won't post this years stats since it took him a while to get back into groove after his hiatus (thus significantly dropping it).

    Ernster had a net average of 36.6 yards a punt for the year. Thats average pretty much, far from great. So yea, Sauerbrun is the better punter.


    So here is the kicker, why we kept Ernster (which was not the blunder of the NFL at all, in fact, it was a darn solid move):

    1. Ernster is the better kickoff specialist. In fact, we led the league in kickoffs with 67.9 yards a kick. Sauerbrun did 65.4 yards a kick for us last year. Ernster also had 19 TB this year, while Todd had 14 (while kicking 5 more kicks too). I used Sauerbrun's Denver stats since the thin air is a factor and gave him a bigger boost.

    2. Ernster is more versatile. He can do punting, kickoffs, and place kicks. Handy just in case Elam decides to run a trick FG again.

    3. He's not on NFL banned substances. Sauerbrun was twice. Don't float real well with Shanny.

    4. Despite Ernster having a average at best punting avg. this year, one thing should be kept in mind: rookies NEVER (and I mean never never never) have a good first year. Yes, hes a rookie, he did not record a single stat last year.

    I could pull up the numbers of the top 5 kickers this year and you would be surprised they still had jobs after the woes they had in their rookie years. Ernster beat all of their numbers (some by long shots). So do I think he may develop into something better? Yes. Do I think he's HoF material? No, but if I'm dreaming I will say yes (since he is a Bronco )

    5. Cheaper. Plain and simple. And younger too. Sauerbrun (although punters/kickers can last a long time in the NFL) is no spring chicken at age 34 (his birthday was on the 4th, happy B day big guy, stay away from needles).

    So yes, some moron will come in here and say that Ernster was the better choice. But hey, if you don't want me to interrupt the country club meeting, I'll leave.



    See point numero uno above

    You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to cinnamunmun again.
    http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/milehighkoala.png

    Check out Goal Line Blitz

    WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    206
    I don't want any steriod player's in DEN team..

    Let him stay in NE...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Do he still count against our cap now

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone
    You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to cinnamunmun again.
    I will give him a CP for you as soon as i can

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein
    Did anyone watching the AFC Champ see this guys arms. He looks like a frigin' monster. Maybe we shoulda kept him and put him on the DL somewhere
    That's what I was saying during that game in the game day thread here. His arms were like friggin Cannons! My god he is huge.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein
    Did anyone watching the AFC Champ see this guys arms. He looks like a frigin' monster. Maybe we shoulda kept him and put him on the DL somewhere

    Its good thing he didnt accidentally make the Patriots fumble. Oh wait...that happened already!
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    He was taking a fat burner not a steroid. Just thought I would clear that up since people seem to not get it. The fat burner is also an over the counter drug. It just dehydrated players so they banned it from the NFL. It is not even close to steroids in any sense. It's not like him getting skinnier was making him kick better.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The 303
    Posts
    1,995
    you ever see the arms on Bradley VanPelt, OMG!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •