Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 32.61%
  • No

31 67.39%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BVP
    And Southstander probably thinks that Elway is the best QB of all-time.
    I never said Elway wasn't. I do feel Elway and Marino are better than Manning. But Manning still has 6 or 7 seasons left in him. He could, and probably will, become the greatest QB of all time. IMO that is.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    well, its tough to judge that at this point in Mannings career now isnt it? hes arguably in his prime and has plenty of years left
    And Southstander doesn't think that he will become better than Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete
    I never said Elway wasn't. I do feel Elway and Marino are better than Manning. But Manning still has 6 or 7 seasons left in him. He could, and probably will, become the greatest QB of all time. IMO that is.
    he has plenty of years left

isnt he in his 8th? with how much he gets hit he could play 12 more!

as Skywalker said to me on MSN, his career stats are going to be something to behold

And Southstander doesn't think that he will become better than Elway.
    then thats just flat out ignorance and homerism at its best

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    I do, The primary job of a QB is to WIN, and no other Qb won moe games then Elway. Not Marino, Not Frave, Not Montana, Not Young, No Body.

He is top 3 in all stats and he as 2 rings, to me that is the GREATEST
    at this point, perhaps

but when all is said and done, Peyton is going to be one of THE BEST and if not ONE of them he will be IT

then thats just flat out ignorance and homerism at its best
    I don't think that it is. Just because he doesn't think that Manning will get more wins than Elway, or get as many SB rings doesn't make anybody a homer.

I don't think that it is. Just because he doesn't think that Manning will get more wins than Elway, or get as many SB rings doesn't make anybody a homer.
    he used his reasoning is hes in the top 3 and has 2 rings for why hes the best

oh please, sounds just like a homer to me

he used his reasoning is hes in the top 3 and has 2 rings for why hes the best

oh please, sounds just like a homer to me
    I also said the he has won more games then anybody else, did you miss that part? Ok smart guy what to you use to detirme who is the greatest?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I also said the he has won more games then anybody else, did you miss that part? Ok smart guy what to you use to detirme who is the greatest?
    At this point? i would say it would be Montana or Marino, smart guy

Super Bowls shouldnt define someones career, how they played the game, now ill give Credit to Elway on how he played i just think he never left an impact such as those two

and when it comes down to it i think it will be Manning, Super bowl or NOT

Super Bowls shouldnt define someones career, how they played the game, now ill give Credit to Elway on how he played i just think he never left an impact such as those two

Come on 8 you can do better then "It is how the Play the game" that is so subjective.

Also I never said rings define a career, I think the total picture should be used, i do it for ALL sports, reguardless if I like the team or the player.

If you just go by rings guys like Williams, Hostetler, Warner, etc wre better then guys like Peyton and Marino, and let's be honest they are not, But you can not go by stats alone, look how good Plummers stats where with the Broncos, and yet he was benched for a rookie.

Make no mistake it not "HOMERISM", I base it as I said on the total picture, of a players. Career. For Example I think that Bill Russell is the greatest Basket Ball player of all time, because he has the stats and rings.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Well, right now Southstander's reasoning sounds a little bit more convincing.

Come on 8 you can do better then "It is how the Play the game" that is so subjective.

Arings define a careerlso I never said , I think the total picture should be used, i do it for ALL sports, reguardless if I like the team or the player.

If you just go by rings guys like Williams, Hostetler, Warner, etc wre better then guys like Peyton and Marino, and let's be honest they are not, But you can not go by stats alone, look how good Plummers stats where with the Broncos, and yet he was benched for a rookie.

Make no mistake it not "HOMERISM", I base it as I said on the total picture, of a players. Career. For Example I think that Bill Russell is the greatest Basket Ball player of all time, because he has the stats and rings.
    You know what i see when i read your posts? Flip....Flop....Flip....Flop, READ WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED

If Rings dont define a career, WHY EVEN MENTION THEM?

Plummer had GOOD stats with us, but he could not get it DONE this YEAR, thats why he was benched for a Rookie

Plain and simple, how you play the game DOES INDEED define a career, look at Jake Plummer, i see "Jake the Fake" used as a nickname for him all the time because of his stats

Bears will kill Colts, so yes.
    XBL: The1Executioner

Well, right now Southstander's reasoning sounds a little bit more convincing.
    Do you honestly think i care about what you think is more convincing?

Marino > Elway
    Montana > Elway
    Elway > Anyone not named Montana/Marino

Do you honestly think i care about what you think is more convincing?

Marino > Elway
    Montana > Elway
    Elway > Anyone not named Montana/Marino
    OMG! Maybe Montana, but not Marino. Best QB's need to win games, and Elway won the most games, and more Superbowls than Marino.