Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    I hate when they use the word"Black Coaches" because it takes away from what they have down.It makes African Americans look like they are not smart.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
    I hate when they use the word"Black Coaches" because it takes away from what they have down.It makes African Americans look like they are not smart.

    well, let me put it this way. are the gonna reconize the first white basketball player that breaks 70 points in an NBA game?

    answer is no

    im tired of special treatment for races. indians get government funded casinos, latinos and asians get jobs over blacks or white with college degrees and on and on...

    im not really mad about it either but as a nation we need to really evaluate the treatment we are portraying as a society. everyone should be equal and have equal opportunities no matter what color or race you are. period.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 01-26-2007 at 05:58 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    well, let me put it this way. are the gonna reconize the first white basketball player that breaks 70 points in an NBA game?

    answer is no

    im tired of special treatment for races. indians get government funded casinos, latinos and asians get jobs over blacks or white with college degrees and on and on...

    im not really mad about it either but as a nation we need to really evaluate the treatment we are portraying as a society. everyone should be equal and have equal opportunities no matter what color or race you are. period.
    I see your point, and I agree with you to a certain extent- but the fact of the matter is that historically the United States (White people) have basically s*** all over Native Americans, Blacks and Asians.

    Native Americans get government funded casinos because it's basically the least we can do after killing off their people and making them live in government specified areas. I don't know what you're talking about with Asians getting jobs over blacks and whites, but as far as affirmative action goes, we need to remember that the civil rights movement happened mere decades ago... The older generations still harbor ill-will towards opposite races because of how everyone was treated. The only thing that can close this racial divide is time and education.

    The point is we are still trying to level the playing field for everyone. Eventually, a few generations down the road, hopefully racial issues will no longer exist and these exceptions will not be necessary- but we have not yet reached that goal- and that's why you see affirmative action, the rooney rule, government funded casinos etc.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    1,577
    ..... period.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,313
    Uhh...maybe im dumb...but whats the big deal about it?
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,600
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG HOUSE
    who cares if theres 2 black, white, chinese, arab or whatever coaches in the superbowl. fact is that dungy and smith are great COACHES, has nothing to do with race and it shouldnt even be an issue

    I concur 100%.



    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    I concur 100%.

    i concur your concur

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Couer d' Alene, ID
    Posts
    1,688
    If we are trying to make this a color blind country then no one should get treated better based off of their skin.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    well, let me put it this way. are the gonna reconize the first white basketball player that breaks 70 points in an NBA game?

    answer is no

    im tired of special treatment for races. indians get government funded casinos, latinos and asians get jobs over blacks or white with college degrees and on and on...

    im not really mad about it either but as a nation we need to really evaluate the treatment we are portraying as a society. everyone should be equal and have equal opportunities no matter what color or race you are. period.
    I agree DenBronx

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56
    Uhh...maybe im dumb...but whats the big deal about it?
    People tend to over-ype things

    the writers have to think of something to write about during this long span of time between games

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,730
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    well, let me put it this way. are the gonna reconize the first white basketball player that breaks 70 points in an NBA game?

    answer is no
    You know why? Because the NBA was all white way back when. Why do you think they made a movie about an all-black starting five basketball team? Because that was historic, since back then having ONE black player on a roster broke news. I don't think whites have been discriminated against in sports as much as blacks and if so, they are the minority. Plus, you have had tons of great white basketball players who have won championships. What barriers did they have to cross? What hurdles did they have to overcome? That's why this is a big deal to some in the NFL, because black coaches have come a long way just to get the head coaching position because white GMs/owners were prejudice. Now that one will win a superbowl, this spits in the face of the racist bigots who held the predecessors back.

    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    im tired of special treatment for races. indians get government funded casinos, latinos and asians get jobs over blacks or white with college degrees and on and on...

    im not really mad about it either but as a nation we need to really evaluate the treatment we are portraying as a society. everyone should be equal and have equal opportunities no matter what color or race you are. period.
    I agree somewhat, it is a double standard. They want fair treatment, yet in some cases to fill the quota, a minority gets the job over a caucasian (if they still do that) But that will probably never happen. Humans as a whole pick out something different about those across from them and they either fight about it for superiority or they make jokes. Look up all the wars, from the very beginning and you'll find bigotry/racism/differences as one of if not the main source.

    But I'll be damned if we can find an article dating back to 400 BC about comedian caveman Chris Bedrock who just wanted all of us to get along.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    far away from you
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn
    You know why? Because the NBA was all white way back when. Why do you think they made a movie about an all-black starting five basketball team? Because that was historic, since back then having ONE black player on a roster broke news. I don't think whites have been discriminated against in sports as much as blacks and if so, they are the minority. Plus, you have had tons of great white basketball players who have won championships. What barriers did they have to cross? What hurdles did they have to overcome? That's why this is a big deal to some in the NFL, because black coaches have come a long way just to get the head coaching position because white GMs/owners were prejudice. Now that one will win a superbowl, this spits in the face of the racist bigots who held the predecessors back.


    I agree somewhat, it is a double standard. They want fair treatment, yet in some cases to fill the quota, a minority gets the job over a caucasian (if they still do that) But that will probably never happen. Humans as a whole pick out something different about those across from them and they either fight about it for superiority or they make jokes. Look up all the wars, from the very beginning and you'll find that as one of if not the main source. But I'll be damned if we can find an article dating back to 400 BC about comedian Chris Bedrock who just wanted all of us to get along.

    Hey, I didn't say you could post my girlfriend's pic in your sig!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,013
    well i guess this pretty much garuntees that a first black coach will win the superbowl

    i wonder how many articles on about that are being prepared right now

    stupid if you ask me

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    well i guess this pretty much garuntees that a first black coach will win the superbowl

    i wonder how many articles on about that are being prepared right now

    stupid if you ask me
    I am happy they made it,but it takes away from the team for all the hard work they done.The team deserves credit as well,and not so much hype on the black coaches.Im curious about the ratings and viewers on this Superbowl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •