Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11

    terriible super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!

    terriibel super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Westminster, CO Locker #44
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by fan from israel
    terriibel super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have seen worse - but I have also seen better - LIKE XXXII
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

    Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    774
    I agree. This definitely didn't have the feel of the "big game". A pretty anti-climatic end to the season IMHO.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    It was a good game, why is it everyone downs the Super Bowl and Champions if it is not their team...show some respect and maturity for the game, respect those that fight and earn the win, even if boring...it was still the best from the system as it is playing for the trophy!

    ...Master Protagonist...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    324
    The Turnover Bowl.

    This just reiterates that the NFC is soo pathetic. The Colts werent even on their A game and they were up 16-14 at halftime.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    It was a good game, why is it everyone downs the Super Bowl and Champions if it is not their team...show some respect and maturity for the game, respect those that fight and earn the win, even if boring...it was still the best from the system as it is playing for the trophy!

    It has nothing to do with whether "my team" is in it or not. There have been a lot of SBs that the Broncos weren't in that I thoroughly enjoyed. This wasn't one of them. How does that show a lack of respect and maturity for the game? I don't have to enjoy the game "even if boring" just because it's the SB. Back in the early 90s the NFC championship (usually between the 49ers and Cowboys) was usually MUCH more entertaining than the Super Bowl. This one just didn't seem to have any energy.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by spikerman
    It has nothing to do with whether "my team" is in it or not. There have been a lot of SBs that the Broncos weren't in that I thoroughly enjoyed. This wasn't one of them. How does that show a lack of respect and maturity for the game? I don't have to enjoy the game "even if boring" just because it's the SB. Back in the early 90s the NFC championship (usually between the 49ers and Cowboys) was usually MUCH more entertaining than the Super Bowl. This one just didn't seem to have any energy.
    Better then many in the past decade, the only thing I would agree is it was good till the second half where the Colts started to run away with it. But alot of people said the same for our victory over the Falcons in the Super Bowl and it was rated by America's Game as one of the best, so you have to take it for what it is worth...I think the rain and turnovers made it much better!

    ...Master Protagonist...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by spikerman
    It has nothing to do with whether "my team" is in it or not. There have been a lot of SBs that the Broncos weren't in that I thoroughly enjoyed. This wasn't one of them. How does that show a lack of respect and maturity for the game? I don't have to enjoy the game "even if boring" just because it's the SB. Back in the early 90s the NFC championship (usually between the 49ers and Cowboys) was usually MUCH more entertaining than the Super Bowl. This one just didn't seem to have any energy.
    Yeah, there truly have been better games. I mean, no one cared when the Pats and Panthers went to the superbowl, but it was such a great game indeed.

    I did not like any of the two teams who made it, and it might have been a factor, but other than the Hester's return the game wasnt so exciting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    1,577
    actually i thought it was pretty exciting. turnovers are not boring in anyway. i dont know what game you guys were watching but it was high scoring and hard hitting. whats the big deal.

    also im glad for dungy, after the loss of his son last year it really made me glad he won it all. AND that he is a sold out christian and doesnt hide that.

    for manning, it was well deserved! even though his game wasnt outstanding he still deserved the mvp. he read the defense perfectly the whole game.

    why get sour? our season is coming.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    actually i thought it was pretty exciting. turnovers are not boring in anyway. i dont know what game you guys were watching but it was high scoring and hard hitting. whats the big deal.

    also im glad for dungy, after the loss of his son last year it really made me glad he won it all. AND that he is a sold out christian and doesnt hide that.

    for manning, it was well deserved! even though his game wasnt outstanding he still deserved the mvp. he read the defense perfectly the whole game.

    why get sour? our season is coming.
    The first quarter was entertaining and after that the game was a borderline boring. Manning had to have won the MVP on popularity, because he did not play like the MVP. There were 3 rb's that played better than he did in that game. And, as far as Dungy and his preaching of christianity after the game, that was very lame! Keep the religion to yourself coach. That really turned me off.
    Last edited by Breezer; 02-04-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181
    After the first quarter, I had a hard time not flipping the channel..... That was one boring game. The Bears' O just couldn't stay on the field, and so it wasn't much of a contest.....

    I think that is what I had hoped to see: two Conference Champions going at it.... What I saw was a third rate QB flailing away at a middling good D. I just am not a fan of the type of shenanigans the colts pull at the LOS.

    Finally, the refs called holding calls against the colts....

    Otherwise, the season is almost over and the FA period and the combine will soon be upon us.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulbrand
    . I just am not a fan of the type of shenanigans the colts pull at the LOS.

    Finally, the refs called holding calls against the colts....
    What kind of shananigans are you referring to? Calling audibles?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    What kind of shananigans are you referring to? Calling audibles?
    If that poster is talking about what I think they're talking about then.....

    While Peyton is walking back and forth audibling or faking audibling, and even under center barking out his calls...the o-line is constantly moving! It seems like any other team (Patriots excluded)...it would be a penalty.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezer
    The first quarter was entertaining and after that the game was a borderline boring. Manning had to have won the MVP on popularity, because he did not play like the MVP. There were 3 rb's that played better than he did in that game. And, as far as Dungy and his preaching of christianity after the game, that was very lame! Keep the religion to yourself coach. That really turned me off.
    Well they obviously can't give it to one of those RBs........

    Manning played a good game outside of the 1 INT. He had a 65.8% completion rate, managed to escape some dangerous situations, 247 yards, and kept his composure despite being known for choking in big games.

    The Christianity thing is also something he was very proud of. Lay off the poor guy, he did nothing wrong. Its not like his speech was specifically made to make you feel good.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    410
    Grossman is a terrible QB, period. He has no decision making skills, no accuracy, no presence. I knew he'd explode in the playoff game sometime. But, it was a fun, defensive game. Both teams where hitting hard, and it was just a game, nothing great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •