• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravage!!!
    Trouble
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Gulbrand
    . I just am not a fan of the type of shenanigans the colts pull at the LOS.

Finally, the refs called holding calls against the colts....
    What kind of shananigans are you referring to? Calling audibles?

Comment

• BroncoSexyDaddy
      Football Immortal
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Bronco_Neddie
      Naw...Rex Grossman is just that bad. Jake got run out of town because he is really just a one dimensional QB (roll out, bootleg, etc) & had a hard time adjusting to passing from the pocket. Rex will get run out of Chicago because he is not really starting material for an NFL QB (you can probably tell I can't stand to watch him play).

Anyway, I think that Grossman is.....not good. At least when Jake had a bad game, he went all out. Grossman leaves the fans wondering which "helmet he is going to wear on the next series" (SB caliber QB or HS caliber QB).
      I never seen that part of Jake to go all out.I must of miss something,let me rewind my TIVO

Comment

• KCLadyFan
        Still a Tony fan
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DenBronx
        actually i thought it was pretty exciting. turnovers are not boring in anyway. i dont know what game you guys were watching but it was high scoring and hard hitting. whats the big deal.

also im glad for dungy, after the loss of his son last year it really made me glad he won it all. AND that he is a sold out christian and doesnt hide that.

for manning, it was well deserved! even though his game wasnt outstanding he still deserved the mvp. he read the defense perfectly the whole game.

why get sour? our season is coming.

My thoughts exactly.....good game....happy for the Colts...

terrible commercials for a SB...IMO...
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• CinnaManMan
          Killer Tofu
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          Those fumbles were VERY MUCH the QBs fault. You don't seperate your hands like that when taking a snap, and the reason you don't is to keep it from squirting between them like the ball did. THose were on Grossman completely. I played QB throughout elementary, jr high, HS, and college... and that was alllll the QB.

I agree. I played center during HS and sooo many people love to blame a dropped exchange on the center. Those were perfectly good snaps.

Comment

• Pandapeep
            Bench Warmer
            • Jun 2005

Grossman is a terrible QB, period. He has no decision making skills, no accuracy, no presence. I knew he'd explode in the playoff game sometime. But, it was a fun, defensive game. Both teams where hitting hard, and it was just a game, nothing great.

Comment

• pipes
              <- the man!
              • Feb 2005

What kind of shananigans are you referring to? Calling audibles?
              If that poster is talking about what I think they're talking about then.....

While Peyton is walking back and forth audibling or faking audibling, and even under center barking out his calls...the o-line is constantly moving! It seems like any other team (Patriots excluded)...it would be a penalty.

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                Trouble
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Pipes7
                If that poster is talking about what I think they're talking about then.....

While Peyton is walking back and forth audibling or faking audibling, and even under center barking out his calls...the o-line is constantly moving! It seems like any other team (Patriots excluded)...it would be a penalty.
                Oh. So you feel that the Colts get special treatment? No. Peyton and the OL play within the rules... Peyton is just more involved and more active in his reading of the other team than almost every QB is. I personally like it.

Comment

• KCLadyFan
                  Still a Tony fan
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by rst08tierney
                  ONLY REASON COLTS WON IS BECAUSE WE LOST TO SF. THEY GOT THE EASY BOAT KC,BALT,NE.........GARBAGE.....DENVER HAS THIS NEXT YEAR!

I agree it was an easy win for them against KC...
                  but the other teams....you can't be serious...
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• The Executioner
                    Sherry Birkin #1 Fan!
                    • Mar 2006

Terrible for me since the Bears lost.
                    XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

• GeneralSterlingPrice
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gaberox
                      It was a very tame celebration from the Colts.I expected more passion and energy from a SB win.Oh well congrats to Manning and the Colts.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I was waiting to see what Peyton did when the clock expired, and all he did was smile and walk onto the field....? Not too much of a celebration. Maybe you need to lose a few to appreciate the first one? Whatever.

congratulations to Tony Dungy, he was the only Colt that deserved it.

Comment

• BroncoKazuki
                        Special Teams
                        • Nov 2006

Complete teams win games.

Well if you looked on how the Bears played it just affirms that next year he'll be gone and the Bears will probably try to trade up to grab a new QB.

I dont see him being there next year.

Even with the Bears Defense he still failed and failed miserably.

(leaves out comparisons between Rex and Jake)

too tempting
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• pipes
                          <- the man!
                          • Feb 2005

Oh. So you feel that the Colts get special treatment? No. Peyton and the OL play within the rules... Peyton is just more involved and more active in his reading of the other team than almost every QB is. I personally like it.
                          No kidding??

My post wasn't about Manning...it was about the o-line and their moving pre-snap...in which they were flagged for it in the AFC Championship at least once, but rarely in the regular season and not in the Super Bowl.

I wasn't beyotching about it either and I wasn't the one who brought it up in the first place...I was merely the one who tried to distinguish what another poster was trying to say.

Comment

• theshiverman
                            Starter
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by fan from israel
                            terriibel super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was ugly, the rain just put a big damper on the game, too many turnovers and just wasent very interesting at all, props on Manning finally getting a ring, and as far as Grossman and the Bears go, well , what did you expect , Grossman is like a clone of Plummer with the turnovers at the worst possible time in a game, problem is you have another bad big game QB backing him up, i think maybe the Bears should be looking for a FA QB in the off season, because with the team you have , all you really need is a guy that avoids the stupid, bad throws.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Bronco_f1
                              <------ A ferocious tiger
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by spikerman
                              It has nothing to do with whether "my team" is in it or not. There have been a lot of SBs that the Broncos weren't in that I thoroughly enjoyed. This wasn't one of them. How does that show a lack of respect and maturity for the game? I don't have to enjoy the game "even if boring" just because it's the SB. Back in the early 90s the NFC championship (usually between the 49ers and Cowboys) was usually MUCH more entertaining than the Super Bowl. This one just didn't seem to have any energy.
                              Yeah, there truly have been better games. I mean, no one cared when the Pats and Panthers went to the superbowl, but it was such a great game indeed.

I did not like any of the two teams who made it, and it might have been a factor, but other than the Hester's return the game wasnt so exciting

:salute:

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                                Trouble
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Pipes7
                                No kidding??

My post wasn't about Manning...it was about the o-line and their moving pre-snap...in which they were flagged for it in the AFC Championship at least once, but rarely in the regular season and not in the Super Bowl.

I wasn't beyotching about it either and I wasn't the one who brought it up in the first place...I was merely the one who tried to distinguish what another poster was trying to say.
                                I think its just an interpretation of the rules that is misuderstood. THe OL can move and shake, stand and move... as long as they are 'set' for a count before the snap.

either way.. *shrugs*... I personally don't see anything that they are doing that would, in some way, give them an advantage. Nor do I think that they are getting some kine of preferential treatment. But thats just MO

Comment

Working...
                                X