Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezer
    Remember last year? That was the worst Super Bowl ever played thanks to the terrible officiating. This year was not the worst. It was a little dull after the 1st quarter, but not the worst.
    last year's superbowl was really exciting. it left a bad feeling in your mouth at the end since seattle got screwed so many times, but up until the end, it was really good

I thought it sucked. And will someone please tell me why Griese didnt start the second half????
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Worst Super Bowl I've seen in years. In the past 10 or 15 I would say its the 3rd worst behind the GIants - Ravens and Bucs - Raiders. It was dull as hell watching Grossman go 3 and out and letting the Colts have it some 40 minutes. There was no back and forth at all. Everybody knew the Bears had lost before half time came.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
    Why! Prince didnt sing your favorite song 1999

I thought i heard at least two songs he had stolen from someone else... I thought prince had performed enough songs of his own to be able to perform a superbowlshow without stealing songs

this superbowl was sloppy, really sloppy, but much better officiated than last year's.

the best superbowls i've ever seen were
    giants/bills
    broncos/packers
    panthers/pats

Quote Originally Posted by bjoli198
    I thought i heard at least two songs he had stolen from someone else... I thought prince had performed enough songs of his own to be able to perform a superbowlshow without stealing songs
    he didn't steal them, he got permission to perform them
    it's called covering another artist's song

u2 has performed hendrix's 'all along the watchtower' too
    the other one "the best of you" is a foo fighters song.

Great Superbowl ... if you were rooting for the Colts, which I was. Sucks if you're a Bears fan.

The game was pretty close, 5 points. Great runback to start the game. Weather conditions made for difficult handling (and kicking?) of the ball. Great hits caused fumbles. Few great defensive stops.

Bottomline, though, the Colts had figured the Bears defense out by the 2nd quarter. The nature of the Bears was for their defense to find ways to stop the opposing team, not for their offense to try and beat you, and they couldn't find a way to get it done.

First quarter was tremendous, second half fizzled out a bit but thats because bad Rex showed up then

I thought this was one of the better SB's. The turnovers were pretty crazy. That return in the first quarter was incredible. They really should have pulled Rex out.

I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    Better then many in the past decade, the only thing I would agree is it was good till the second half where the Colts started to run away with it. But alot of people said the same for our victory over the Falcons in the Super Bowl and it was rated by America's Game as one of the best, so you have to take it for what it is worth...I think the rain and turnovers made it much better!

Amen to that, finally a Super Bowl in proper footballing weather

Until Grossman's pick was returned for the score, I thought it was a good, tight football game. IMO, the injury to Benson really hurt the Bears though.

Now that it's finally been proven that a good game can be run in 'adverse' weather, any chance of a 'proper' stadium like Soldier Field or Invesco getting the big game?
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Those fumbles were VERY MUCH the QBs fault. You don't seperate your hands like that when taking a snap, and the reason you don't is to keep it from squirting between them like the ball did. THose were on Grossman completely. I played QB throughout elementary, jr high, HS, and college... and that was alllll the QB.

As far as the INTs... there wasn't one that was the WRs fault. The first one was a horrible pass that should have never been thrown. The Corner was just waiting on it. The second, looked like a Plummer deep ball... high and hanging.

I felt sorry for Grossman and all the criticism that he got before this game, but he's just bad.
    You missed his sarcasm entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Den21-Bal19
    Amen to that, finally a Super Bowl in proper footballing weather
    I didn't see any snow?

Now that it's finally been proven that a good game can be run in 'adverse' weather, any chance of a 'proper' stadium like Soldier Field or Invesco getting the big game?
    Fat chance of that. The SB site selection committee is a bunch of gay old retards who want domes or low latitudes. They could care less about seeing a real football game.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    I thought it sucked. And will someone please tell me why Griese didnt start the second half????

Probably because it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

Bleeding Orange and Blue (Literally)

The Not So Super Bowl

I thought this game has to rank among the worst overall. Turnovers controlled this game and the play on both sides of the ball was pretty bad. The Colt defense looked good or was it the Bear offense that just looked so bad?

The commercials sucked.

Prince sucked.

The entire event was ho hum.

This game was pathetic. Neither team looked like they deserved to be there. I would rather have watched the Raiders and Cardinals play. They probably would have been more entertaining.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***