Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl MVP

Super Bowl MVP

Personally I think it should have been Dominic Rhodes. Do you all agree with the Manning selection?
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman
    Personally I think it should have been Dominic Rhodes. Do you all agree with the Manning selection?
    I think Manning earned it, give credit where it is due, he like Elway was a great missing that piece of his career puzzle and has now beaten his own worse demon. Unlike most he had a good game, even Rhodes was no better then Thomas for Chicago...he earned it, let it rest.
    ...Master Protagonist...

I thought Manning played an "OK" game, but Rhodes was the one who lit the spark and who gained the tough yards. IMO, he was the reason Indy had such a huge TOP advantage. It may have come down to the fact that nobody stood out and they had to give it to someone, but I started thinking about halfway through the 3rd quarter that if I had a vote, it would be Rhodes.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

I thought Manning played an "OK" game, but Rhodes was the one who lit the spark and who gained the tough yards. IMO, he was the reason Indy had such a huge TOP advantage. It may have come down to the fact that nobody stood out and they had to give it to someone, but I started thinking about halfway through the 3rd quarter that if I had a vote, it would be Rhodes.
    But Rhodes did not do as much as Thomas, that is the point...Bob Sanders would be a smarter move then Rhodes. Picking the winning halfback though he did less then the oppositions halfback is not smart, they have to be smart about it. And Manning still threw for over 250 plus yards, which is a hard feat in the Super Bowl now days.

...Master Protagonist...

i voted Rhodes as well. His tough running got the job done for the Colts. Manning just did what he has done all season, throw low-yardage routes to backs and TE's while every defense in the league plays a deep Cover 2 just because they are afraid of Wayne and Harrison.

Manning did nothing to deserve the MVP in that game. I thought that was bad.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Manning totally deserved it. He silenced many critics by not choking in the biggest game ever after he fell behind quickly (14 seconds actually).

Rhodes did add some spark, but so did Addai. Neither performance was awe inspiring, just a RB doing a good job. Manning played nearly flawless and was able to escape pressure and make some nice throws at times too.

If nobody on your team makes an amazing performance, give it to the field general.

Do I agree....NO.

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

Oh please. The Indy RBs had it easy all game long. The LBs were busy covering the TEs, the Safeties were backed WAY up, and everyone was so afraid of Manning all they had to do was get past the front 4. The Bears could have won that game, had Rex Grossman not been their quarterback.

I think Hayden, the backup corner that picked off Grossman, skitted the sideline and sealed the win should have got it. Or Sanders.

Manning puts so much effort into football (studying, practicing, devoting everything he has) so I guess he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancane
    But Rhodes did not do as much as Thomas, that is the point...Bob Sanders would be a smarter move then Rhodes. Picking the winning halfback though he did less then the oppositions halfback is not smart, they have to be smart about it. And Manning still threw for over 250 plus yards, which is a hard feat in the Super Bowl now days.

I honestly think many of you hold a personal grudge against mannin that clouds your judgement.

Did he have a GREAT game... no but he was the MVP. Noone performed for their team as well as he did. I mean Rhodes wasnt even the best RB ont he field, maybe a player on the Colts D but it seemed tome that they all played well, so Mannin was really a difference maker.

I dont like Mannin, but give credit when it is due.

Also Lanc: You think Moses will drop into the third?

I quoted you cuz I agree with you btw not cuz I am sayin you hate Mannin
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Manning managed the game well in the rain. If Rhodes or Addai had a breakout game like Davis did, scoring 3 td's while dealing with his migraine, then I would say one of them would deserve it.

The Indy defense was good, the O-line protected Manning and after trying to force he one pass to Harrison he made the plays it took to win. I don't have any issue with them giving it to Manning.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway
    Manning managed the game well in the rain. If Rhodes or Addai had a breakout game like Davis did, scoring 3 td's while dealing with his migraine, then I would say one of them would deserve it.

The Indy defense was good, the O-line protected Manning and after trying to force he one pass to Harrison he made the plays it took to win. I don't have any issue with them giving it to Manning.
    I agree with Elway....I also think Manning derserved it....

Manning is one heck of a QB...he is a very smart QB and knows how
    to manage the clock well...he deserved it all the way and I am glad
    he and the Colts finally got their SB win...