X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Day1BroncoFan
    Starter
    • Jan 2006

I think Manning deserved it because they were able to run because Manning was back there and the defense for Chicago had to play way back.

Manning played a great game, the only mistake he made was the int.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

• ThunderGirl
      Starter
      • Oct 2006

I'm glad "THE COLTS" got the win!
      (If I hear one more person say Peyton Manning won the SB, I'm gonna snap)
      I am also glad Peyton got the MVP.
      Hopefully the NFL will now find a new golden boy to worship! *Crossing my fingers for Cutler*

Now I am gonna turn of the NFL network until April. If I have to listen to any more Manning talk, my ears will bleed! I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just do not like Peyton. He has no respect for his team, you can tell when he throws them under the bus!
      Last edited by Thundergirl; 02-04-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• champbronc2
        R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by spikerman
        Personally I think it should have been Dominic Rhodes. Do you all agree with the Manning selection?
        I think Rhodes as well!
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

• Lorcust
          The One and Only...
          • Jul 2006

My pick on biggest impact player? Bob Sanders.

He kept Grossman from going deep and when he did he made him pay. Not to mention making some sweet tackes in the process.

Asides that miscues on Thomas Jones's 52 yard run, he played a near flawless game, IMO.

Manning played amazing too, bouncing back from adversity and handling his team and the Bears like a true pro.

I still think Rex Grossman was the Colt's MVP, but hey... that's just me.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

• Ravage!!!
            Trouble
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Elway

The Indy defense was good, the O-line protected Manning and after trying to force he one pass to Harrison he made the plays it took to win. I don't have any issue with them giving it to Manning.
            yeah.. and the thing about that INT... was that Harrison actually should have come TO the ball. Had he done that, that pass was perfect. Marvin is the one that actually let that ball be intercepted.

Comment

• Ravage!!!
              Trouble
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ThunderGirl
              Now I am gonna turn of the NFL network until April. If I have to listen to any more Manning talk, my ears will bleed! I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just do not like Peyton. He has no respect for his team, you can tell when he throws them under the bus!
              I think he has complete and total respect for his team. Listen to his comments when getting the news for the MVP, or when being awarded the trophy. Peyton is nothing buy class... pure class.

There isn't a guy that works harder on his craft than Peyton Manning. I think he demands that kind of work from everyone else on his team as well, and when they don't... he is sure to hold them accountable.

So may people want to say he 'threw them under the bus' (the most overused term nowdays)...yet you NEVER EVER hear a single player say/comment/suggest that they don't respect or like playing with Peyton. When things get the hardest, Peyton is always there to take the blame on his shoulders.

I'm glad he won the Super Bowl.... and feel he is a great face for the NFL.

Comment

• DrunkPanda
                Banned User
                • Oct 2004

i think bob sanders deserved it. the colts defense was crappy when he was out. if he did not play in this superbowl, they would have lost

Comment

• DrunkPanda
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  I think he has complete and total respect for his team. Listen to his comments when getting the news for the MVP, or when being awarded the trophy. Peyton is nothing buy class... pure class.

There isn't a guy that works harder on his craft than Peyton Manning. I think he demands that kind of work from everyone else on his team as well, and when they don't... he is sure to hold them accountable.

So may people want to say he 'threw them under the bus' (the most overused term nowdays)...yet you NEVER EVER hear a single player say/comment/suggest that they don't respect or like playing with Peyton. When things get the hardest, Peyton is always there to take the blame on his shoulders.

I'm glad he won the Super Bowl.... and feel he is a great face for the NFL.
                  huh? when things get hardest he always takes the blame? like last year when they lost to the steelers and he said the offensive line was the reason they lost? btw, he should have given the lombardi trophy to bob sanders instead of just passing it down to a random teammate, since sanders is the defensive leader. i don't like the way peyton freaks out whenever one of his teammates drops a ball. in the kansas city game, i thought marvin harrison was going to punch him

Comment

• bjoli198
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Apr 2006

I think the joseph Addai & Domminick Rhodes should share the MVP

Comment

• jcdavey
                      Chargers in 2012!!
                      • Nov 2006

peyton deserved it for having a solid consistent game after his slow start, rhodes also deserved it for his solid game
                      there's a case for addai but he didn't score any points, as for hayden, one play usually doesn't win an mvp (unless the bears would have won 7-0, then that would have been hester's award)
                      sigpic

Comment

• omac
                        Special Teams
                        • Jan 2007

Peyton definitely desserved it. Are you kidding me?!?!?! (expression, not aimed at anyone ).

This is the vaunted Bears defense!!! After a rough start, he analyzed them, and picked them apart. He kept them guessing wrong a whole lot. And he kept them on their toes with even subtle things.

He saw the Bears were showing their formation late into the count to not give away anything, so what he did was he waited for the Bears to show their formation before calling the plays. He also changed the times he took the snaps, sometimes early, sometimes late, to keep the Bears off-rythm.

There's a reason why their offensive unit performed as a team. The right plays at the right times. The guy is a certified genius. Some quarterbacks can make small adjustments, to avoid the blitz, etc. This guy makes huge ones and sees so much more.

This Bears defense can make any good quarterback look inept, and look what he got them doing. This Bears defense could've probably romped against any other team.

Comment

• jcdavey
                          Chargers in 2012!!
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by omac
                          Peyton definitely desserved it. Are you kidding me?!?!?! (expression, not aimed at anyone ).

This is the vaunted Bears defense!!! After a rough start, he analyzed them, and picked them apart. He kept them guessing wrong a whole lot. And he kept them on their toes with even subtle things.

He saw the Bears were showing their formation late into the count to not give away anything, so what he did was he waited for the Bears to show their formation before calling the plays. He also changed the times he took the snaps, sometimes early, sometimes late, to keep the Bears off-rythm.

There's a reason why their offensive unit performed as a team. The right plays at the right times. The guy is a certified genius. Some quarterbacks can make small adjustments, to avoid the blitz, etc. This guy makes huge ones and sees so much more.

This Bears defense can make any good quarterback look inept, and look what he got them doing. This Bears defense could've probably romped against any other team.
                          people have way too much respect for this current bears defense

they can also make any qb a winner, just ask joey harrington

bears gave up something like 4 or 5 100 yard opposing rb performances this season, they're not as good as people think, if they'd been an afc team they wouldn't even be in the top 5 in defense in the afc....completely overrated defense, and most already knew this.
                          sigpic

Comment

• omac
                            Special Teams
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jcdavey
                            people have way too much respect for this current bears defense

they can also make any qb a winner, just ask joey harrington

bears gave up something like 4 or 5 100 yard opposing rb performances this season, they're not as good as people think, if they'd been an afc team they wouldn't even be in the top 5 in defense in the afc....completely overrated defense, and most already knew this.
                            Yeah, those are good points. But I'll take their play-making-sometimes-getting-burned defense over our bend-but-not-break defence, hehehe.

Comment

• Chief-Dom
                              Practice Squad
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CinnaManMan
                              Manning totally deserved it. He silenced many critics by not choking in the biggest game ever after he fell behind quickly (14 seconds actually).
                              MVP = not choking?

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                              Manning puts so much effort into football (studying, practicing, devoting everything he has) so I guess he deserves it.
                              Superbowl MVP is based on the single game performance, not everything else prior to it, that is given as a team MVP award and has nothing to do with playing/winning the superbowl itself

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                              I think Manning deserved it because they were able to run because Manning was back there and the defense for Chicago had to play way back.

Manning played a great game, the only mistake he made was the int.
                              I think just the opposite, manning was doing nothing of note until they bears started having issues with the run game.... Wayne was open cause they all bit on the run..

Oh, and without that one pass his numbers would have been 194 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 1 Fumble... very grossman like numbers. Can't take out ONE good play, so you cant take out on BAD play either when determining the MVP.

Don't get me wrong I like peyton manning, but I think this should have gone to one of the RBs:
                              Manning, 247 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
                              Rhodes, 113 Rushing yards, 8 recieving yards, 121 total yards and a TD
                              Addai, 77 Rushing yards, 66 Recieving yards (on 10 receptions) 143 total yards

If I counted right, Colts had 25 first downs, 8 are from mannings passes, 3 of those went to addai.
                              Addai had 10 first downs
                              Rhodes had 6 first downs

On the colts last drive, Rhodes got 2 first downs on the ground. Killed 2 1/2 minutes, and pretty much took any hope out of chicago from making a miraculous comeback.

Manning's single game (imo) just doesnt stack up to these other 2. While i think manning did a good job, it was the running backs that won them that game.

The MVP should have gone to Rhodes, but the better story would be for it to go to Manning, wether or not he deserved it or not.

Comment

• GeneralSterlingPrice
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by CinnaManMan
                                Manning totally deserved it. He silenced many critics by not choking in the biggest game ever after he fell behind quickly (14 seconds actually).

Rhodes did add some spark, but so did Addai. Neither performance was awe inspiring, just a RB doing a good job. Manning played nearly flawless and was able to escape pressure and make some nice throws at times too.

If nobody on your team makes an amazing performance, give it to the field general.

"Not Choking" should not be the criteria by which you are voted the SB MVP. Manning just did what he was supposed to do. If not for the running game they had, the passing game would not have been as good. It should have been Rhodes. He was running with all heart and was the most valuable player on the field last night.

One more thing, it looked to me that Manning kind of "Ran Away" from that one early fumbled handoff, he looked content to let everybody else fight for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X