• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champbronc2
    R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    Alright this is annoying.

It's like you people think he's Jake Plummer or miss making fun of Jake.

THIS forum is the general discussions for BRONCOS football.

Not the Bears.
    Exactly.

ANd aside from that Grossman is getting bashed too too much.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

• assassin216
      Starter
      • Sep 2004

how can yall jump all over rex grossman when this is his first full season.......yes he needs to improve but he only played only 27 games in his career.............it make no sense at all when sum of yall jump all over a guy who hasnt really played until this year ........yes he made alot of mistakes this year but come on now........he still a young player in the league........i can understand if he is a veteran quarterback.
      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• dmoney27
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by TheMastermind
        wow.....good points.....

oh wait.....maybe he's only started 26 games in his career.....and the blocking for him was horrible yesterday.....

young qbs throw picks.....they are new to the league.....

Cutler threw some HORRIBLE picks this year.....but give time those kind of throws will become less and less.....

bottom line.....Grossman did get his team to the superbowl.....he played very well throughout the playoffs....

and the broncos were sitting at home.....

criticize all you want....but atleast he got there....
        CUTLER IS A ROOKIE THATS OKAY AND ONLY PLAYED 5 GAMES

THE FACT IS THAT BEARS HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING OR TIEING THE GAME UNTIL HE THREW THAT INT FOT TD

Comment

• assassin216
          Starter
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dmoney27
          CUTLER IS A ROOKIE THATS OKAY AND ONLY PLAYED 5 GAMES

THE FACT IS THAT BEARS HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING OR TIEING THE GAME UNTIL HE THREW THAT INT FOT TD

how can u say that when cutler and grossman are in two different situations.........this is grossman's first full season and u actin like he is a veteran quarterback when he is not.........yes he made a stupid mistake but u also gotta give him some slack because he is a young quarterback who is trying learn his way in the league. i am pretty sure next year cutler will make alot of mistakes but i aint gonna jump all over him just because he threw an interception so cut grossman some slack he did pretty good in first full season playin quarterback.

Comment

• draco193
            Gymrat
            • Sep 2005

he should have been benched after the second pick. He did play poorly yesterday, and while I wouldnt attribute the loss solely to him (why did the bears not pound the ball out?) I would say he stopped their comeback hopes.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• dmoney27
              Practice Squad
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by assassin216
              how can u say that when cutler and grossman are in two different situations.........this is grossman's first full season and u actin like he is a veteran quarterback when he is not.........yes he made a stupid mistake but u also gotta give him some slack because he is a young quarterback who is trying learn his way in the league. i am pretty sure next year cutler will make alot of mistakes but i aint gonna jump all over him just because he threw an interception so cut grossman some slack he did pretty good in first full season playin quarterback.

REX didnt get it done when they needed it

BEARS made it becuase of there defense not REX

not everybody has good games but what kind of person has 1.3 QB RATING

Comment

• PatsCrowEater
                Kiss My Ass Donkholes!
                • Sep 2006

Rex didn't play well yesterday but you can't expect one guy to singlehandedly win the game when your:

1. Defensive line can't rush the QB
                2. Secondary can't cover
                3. O-Line can't run block
                4. O-line can't pass block
                5. C Benson gets knocked out
                6. and you continually lose the battle in the trenches

Nobody should point the finger exclusively on Rex. The Bears lost as a team to a far superior Indianapolis Colts offense and defense.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• omac
                  Special Teams
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                  Rex didn't play well yesterday but you can't expect one guy to singlehandedly win the game when your:

1. Defensive line can't rush the QB
                  2. Secondary can't cover
                  3. O-Line can't run block
                  4. O-line can't pass block
                  5. C Benson gets knocked out
                  6. and you continually lose the battle in the trenches

Nobody should point the finger exclusively on Rex. The Bears lost as a team to a far superior Indianapolis Colts offense and defense.
                  Yeah, that summs it up pretty nicely.

Chicago relies on their defense to keep the game in a score that their offense can manage. But when their offense was on the field, they were making desperate calls; they knew their defense could not win the ball-control battle, nor keep the Colts from scoring, so their offense was trying to keep up with the Colts offense, a definite no-no. I don't think any team in the league can consistently keep up with the Colts on offense.

Comment

• assassin216
                    Starter
                    • Sep 2004

i dont get some of yall yes rex grossman should of play better than he did and i get that but come on now........i like most of the media people is jumping all over him when the defense got slapped around, was this the same defense that everyone was comparing to the 85 bears too cuz if it was they need to quit it.......the 85 bears wouldnt let dominic rhodes and joseph adai run on them......all you saw in that game was missin tackles on that defense i couldnt believe it ......they would have rhodes or adai for a lose but miss the tackle.........if it sounds like i am defending rex grossman yes i am because i know he will become a good player in the league once he plays a few more years under his belt.

Comment

• Medford Bronco
                      The Pink Panther
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rst08tierney
                      Wow Rex must have watched one of "Jakes biggest Mistakes" videos. They really look like the same qb. When its time to step up, they both screw up!

THANKYOU SHANNY FOR CUTLER
                      I was thinking the same thing. Rex looked like Arizona Jake on the first pick
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Medford Bronco
                        The Pink Panther
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by draco193
                        he should have been benched after the second pick. He did play poorly yesterday, and while I wouldnt attribute the loss solely to him (why did the bears not pound the ball out?) I would say he stopped their comeback hopes.
                        I agree, after the 2nd pick and 4th turnover.

Griese is better than Rex the turnover machine GROSSman.

Also side note, Rex did not play well against the Saints. 10 for 25 for 144 yards is hardly great. The team won with good defense and a running game that Lovie
                        Smith failed to use enough in the super Bowl. They were only down 22-17 (should have been much worse due to Indy FGS only) and done some more ball control with Jones and short, not hail mary high school like throws from Rex who sucks.

sorry dont see this guy getting any better. He looks lost
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Giveemlove
                          Trouble is back!!
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dmoney27
                          he stunk up the superbowl man this is by far the worst game in SB history

where was BEARS DEFENSE danm waste of my time

The Super Bowl last year was worse.

The Bears Defense had 2 of their main guys out.

AFC>NFC
                          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
                          X