Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long till the Bronco's have 10 or more wins in a season

I have been a Bronco fan for a long time. I go back to the very first Superbowl in 1978 with Craig Morton at QB. I love the team and football season is my favorite time of the year.

I am however frustrated. Since Elway retired, its seems the first half of each season is absolutely stellar. The Broncos will start 6-2 or 7-1 and the post season seems to be so promising.

Then, like this past year, the team collapses in the second half of the season. What a disappointment to not make the playoffs this past year when we even controlled our own destiny the last week of the season.

What has to change to break this terrible pattern. How long till the Broncos win 10 or more?

What do the Broncos need to change to make a serious playoff run sometime in the near future.

I welcome thoughtful responses from all. I can't be alone in feeling this frustration.

Last year with plummer we made it to the AFC championship game. I consider that making a serious playoff run.

Next year we will go 10 - 6 or 11 - 5.

Well, you're certainly not alone in feeling this sort of frustration.

I think that we have a good shot at making the playoffs next year. I think that our defense will be improved quite a bit just by having some of our injured safeties returning (Sam Brandon and Nick Ferguson). I think that our defense can be improved immensly by bringing in a couple of key defensive linemen.

I think that our running game may improve if Lepsis comes back, and if Kuper takes over the right guard spot. I think we'll be better on the line with a stable right tackle.

I think that a year under the belts of guys like Marshall and Scheffler will make a huge difference.

And I think that we will be a tough team next year.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongingBronco
    I have been a Bronco fan for a long time. I go back to the very first Superbowl in 1978 with Craig Morton at QB. I love the team and football season is my favorite time of the year.

I am however frustrated. Since Elway retired, its seems the first half of each season is absolutely stellar. The Broncos will start 6-2 or 7-1 and the post season seems to be so promising.

Then, like this past year, the team collapses in the second half of the season. What a disappointment to not make the playoffs this past year when we even controlled our own destiny the last week of the season.

What has to change to break this terrible pattern. How long till the Broncos win 10 or more?

What do the Broncos need to change to make a serious playoff run sometime in the near future.

I welcome thoughtful responses from all. I can't be alone in feeling this frustration.
    I understand were you'r going with this. Because I myself am tired of the 5-1 or 6-2 or 7-2 starts that lead to dissapointment. But to say "How long 'til the Broncos win 10 or more?", I'm

You do know that coming into this past season, we had 3 seasons in a row of 10 plus wins. 10 in '03 and '04. And 13 in '05.

IMO, we should have had 10 this season. But that's for a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LongingBronco
    How long till the Broncos win 10 or more?
    easy, next year
    R.I.P. [COLOR=Orange]Darrent[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Williams[/COLOR] and [COLOR=Orange]Damien[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Nash[/COLOR]

R.I.P [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"]Sean[/COLOR] Taylor[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by I3IzOnCoF4n24
    easy, next year
    Well said!!!

The Broncos went 13-3 in 2005. Despite not making the playoffs this past season, you guys still had a winning record. Don't think there's really anything to worry about with a young quarterback that looks like he's going to be a star and a defense that's pretty decent, but just needs a little work in my opinion in a few small areas. Looking at your schedule, I'd be surprised if Denver doesn't win at least 10 games next season.
    [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/blackmonk80/Sciassignatureversion2.jpg[/IMG]
    [U][B]"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past..."[/B][/U]
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-

As skeptical as I am about serious playoffs next year, I would be shocked if the Broncos didn't have at least ten wins next year. It's going to be an extremely fun ride at the very least.

I don't care if we win the Super Bowl or not, my personal goal is to beat SD for revenge against that choke job this year. That made me so mad.....

So, I say we go 11-5, beat the Patriots in the Wild Card round, advance to divisionals where we are beaten by Cinci, 23-24

[QUOTE=LongingBronco]
    How long till the Broncos win 10 or more?
    /[QUOTE]

If Cutler is "as good as advertised," not long. Can you wait 'til, say, this December to see 10 wins?

Oh, this is also assuming that we get the running back issue ironed out. And I have to believe that that is a top priority.

10-6 - easily

11-5 (or better) - probable

If the offense stays exactly as it is now and we make a few key changes on D we'll win 9-10 games next year. If we fix the D and tweak the offense just a little bit then I honestly believe that 12-4 is not an unreasonable prediction. My guess for next year is 11-5 with a loss in the AFC Championship to Indy
    Rebuilding sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rich5368
    If the offense stays exactly as it is now and we make a few key changes on D we'll win 9-10 games next year. If we fix the D and tweak the offense just a little bit then I honestly believe that 12-4 is not an unreasonable prediction. My guess for next year is 11-5 with a loss in the AFC Championship to Indy
    if the broncos make it to the AFC championship next year, they will make it to the super bowl. assuming we pick up some sort of pass rusher and fix our running back situation, we will have no real weakness, especially with the secondary that we have, it would destroy peyton's passing game. (considering everyone is healthy)

I think Shanahan's brought the Denver team as far as it could go when they lost in the afc championships against the Steelers, and he knew it was time for an overhaul. That started with the key possition, quarterback. Then the defensive coordinator was replaced. I'd rather Denver go through a sub-standard season building a potentially great team, than Denver continue having statistically good seasons, only to be playoff fodder. The Broncos plateaud so they need to go down a bit before they launch themselves higher.

Next year we WILL go 11 - 5 or 12 - 4.
    XBL: The1Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    Well, you're certainly not alone in feeling this sort of frustration.

I think that we have a good shot at making the playoffs next year. I think that our defense will be improved quite a bit just by having some of our injured safeties returning (Sam Brandon and Nick Ferguson). I think that our defense can be improved immensly by bringing in a couple of key defensive linemen.

I think that our running game may improve if Lepsis comes back, and if Kuper takes over the right guard spot. I think we'll be better on the line with a stable right tackle.

I think that a year under the belts of guys like Marshall and Scheffler will make a huge difference.

And I think that we will be a tough team next year.
    I'm with you, AO. If we upgrade the defensive line, I think we'll be one of the elite teams again.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind an upgrade at running back but the running game should be improved regardless, if we're healthy again. Losing Lepsis really hurt.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I believe that 11-5 is not out of the question.

The Broncos will benefit from the maturation of younger players and also will benefit from a third place schedule.