Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Foxxy!!!!!!

Foxxy!!!!!!

First off I'd like to say that D-Will will be missed on the field because he played with much heart. Also I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't get upset with his play sometimes on the field but every week he held his own opposite of Champ. But is anyone excited to see what Foxworth can do. I have always been high on this kid I think he plays with his mind alot dissecting plays as they go and reacting much in the same way as Champ does. I think he could be a star CB in the league. Also I hope that people don't compare him to D-Will all the time next year. He is his own player with his own style and hopefully won't just label him as D-Will's replacement because he has skills to be a starter on any team not just because of an unfortunate loss.

P.S. - does anyone know what his 40 time was.

Also forgot to add it in but how about Paymah any thoughts on him and his play

Quote Originally Posted by stretch14
    Also forgot to add it in but how about Paymah any thoughts on him and his play
    I'm scared for Paymah.... I think Cox is better. Paymah just never seems able to cover anyone without Lynch there to bail him out...

And I think most people think Foxy will be just fine. Not worried about him.

Quote Originally Posted by evendelae
    I'm scared for Paymah.... I think Cox is better. Paymah just never seems able to cover anyone without Lynch there to bail him out...

Paymah did exceptionally well last year

What do you mean "bail him out"? If you're talking about Lynch just being there to cover his deep half, that's just John doing his job - not bailing anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    What do you mean "bail him out"? If you're talking about Lynch just being there to cover his deep half, that's just John doing his job - not bailing anyone out.
    No, when Lynch wasn't around, Paymah totally flubbed it. Even when there was another safety there, he just couldn't do anything...

And Paymah covering Houshmanzadah? Baaaaaaad. He just doesn't strike me as mentally a great football player. But i'm certain he will improve, and he has improved since his rookie season.

No, when Lynch wasn't around, Paymah totally flubbed it. Even when there was another safety there, he just couldn't do anything...

And Paymah covering Houshmanzadah? Baaaaaaad. He just doesn't strike me as mentally a great football player. But i'm certain he will improve, and he has improved since his rookie season.
    I could have swore Paymah was on Chris Henry.....

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaManMan
    I could have swore Paymah was on Chris Henry.....
    At the end of the Cinci game he was on Houshmanzadah when he pretty much singlehandedly got them a TD.

At the end of the Cinci game he was on Houshmanzadah when he pretty much singlehandedly got them a TD.
    I just checked the video, and Paymah was not on him, in fact, I don't think he was in on that drive. If he was, he was covering someone else. On the TD throw you know who was on Housh? Al Wilson.

Looking at it, it looks like we were playing some form of nickle with Cox as the SS, despite Cinci having 4 WRs on the field.

I just checked the video, and Paymah was not on him, in fact, I don't think he was in on that drive. If he was, he was covering someone else. On the TD throw you know who was on Housh? Al Wilson.

Looking at it, it looks like we were playing some form of nickle with Cox as the SS, despite Cinci having 4 WRs on the field.
    Oops...you're right. Still, he blew his coverages all throughout the game. But I'm not trying to decapitate him or anything, I'm just saying that I'm not sure that he can play at the level required... I really hope he proves me seriously wrong.

I DO think he will progress, just saying that I'm not sold on him.

Oops...you're right. Still, he blew his coverages all throughout the game. But I'm not trying to decapitate him or anything, I'm just saying that I'm not sure that he can play at the level required... I really hope he proves me seriously wrong.

I don't think that he's entirely where he needs to be when it comes to coverage abilities in the NFL, but he is progressing and has all of the physical tools needed at the position. I actually think that he played very well last season...
    [URL=http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mejoshrodsmith34yi.jpg]Me, my friend, and Rod Smith[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.myspace.com/comedichomie][SIZE=1]Myspace? Who uses that? Now happily accepting friend requests.[/SIZE] [/URL]
    [img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Broncos-spc-winning.png[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/25/random.png[/IMG]
    Thanks, tnedator!
    We'll miss you more than you could ever know, Darrent and Damien. We already do. R.I.P., D-Will and Damien Nash. :'(

paymah will do fine.. he is improving alot and with his size and aggression he will be good to match up against bigger WR's
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Paymah did exceptionally well last year
    You're right. Paymah made a huge leap from his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch14
    First off I'd like to say that D-Will will be missed on the field because he played with much heart. Also I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't get upset with his play sometimes on the field but every week he held his own opposite of Champ. But is anyone excited to see what Foxworth can do. I have always been high on this kid I think he plays with his mind alot dissecting plays as they go and reacting much in the same way as Champ does. I think he could be a star CB in the league. Also I hope that people don't compare him to D-Will all the time next year. He is his own player with his own style and hopefully won't just label him as D-Will's replacement because he has skills to be a starter on any team not just because of an unfortunate loss.

P.S. - does anyone know what his 40 time was.
    Foxy's 40 time at the combine was 4.34, Darrent 4.30, Paymah 4.35

Paymah was regarded as the best single-coverage back of the three right out of the
    draft. There are some who have believed he will eventually be better than the other
    two. His main problem, as I understand it, is grasping the zone concept.

Lately, I have heard Foxy mentioned with the word "if" . . . he will be the starter IF
    he can hold off Paymah.

-----