1st Round Mock, add it to the list!

Good, bad, I don'y know its what I did this afternoon.
    I didn't add in any teams moving at this point since its an early mock. Its the first one I have ever done so hey here it is!
    I think that the 2nd round will be where a lot of O-linemen go! It will be like a bargin ben won't be there for long!
    Ross, Huges, Gonzales players that could easily move into the 1st round.

Pick, Team, 06-07 Record, Player

1 Oakland Raiders 2-14 QB JaMarcus Russell
    Big arm for that air attack, with Randy Moss and Joey Porter possible leaving WR Calvin Johnson could be looked at here.

2 Detroit Lions 3-13 OT Joe Tomas
    With the recent string of 1st round WR that didnít pan out will they go out and get Brady Quinn? The smart play would be OT Joe Tomas proven big man to build around.

t3 Cleveland Browns 4-12 DT Alan Branch
    Is Quinn this years Arron Rodgers? Quite possibly, Frye is not a game breaker but they need an anchor for the 3-4, Branch is the man that could fill that role, safe pick at 3!

t4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-12 WR Calvin Johnson
    Interesting, best player Calvin Johnson, needs are on the D side of the ball but canít pass on the best WR in the draft here to help out Clayton and Simms.

5 Arizona Cardinals 5-11 OT Levi Brown
    D could be looked at but with last years future QB Matt Leinhart the man the team would be smart to give him time to find his stud WRís, Levi is the man to build around.

6 Washington Redskins 5-11 DE Jamal Anderson
    Redskins looked to jump start their O with Campbell at QB and look to have enough money in the offense so at 6 go with young edge rusher to try and bring some D back to the Redskins. Okoye could start to be looked at at this point in the draft. The Redskins could look to trade out of this spot; CB Leon Hall could be targeted if they move.

7 Minnesota Vikings 6-10 WR Dwayne Jarrett
    D has been the only solid part of the game for the Vikings, Williamson has yet to pan out so another WR, look for them to avoid the all out speedster if they want a quality WR Dwayne Jarrett is the solid pick at 7.

8 Houston Texans 6-10 RB Adrian Petterson
    O line has been the problem for the Texans but there is no lineman worth the 8th pick at this point. So do the Texans want to be like the Colts or Jags? That will decide what they do with this pick. RB or add a S to go with Williams and Ryans. They go with the RB.
    O-Line will be there in the 2nd for them to grab and impact players will be there.

9 Miami Dolphins 6-10 DT Amobi Okoye
    D is getting old. New Coach Cam Cameron has weapons on the offensive side of the ball (pending Dauntes knee). Look for them to grab the young stud Okoye at 9 and hope to get 1 or 2 more years from Taylor. Players like Anthony Spencer and LaMarr Woodley could slip to them in the second round. CB could also get a look.

10 Atlanta Falcons 7-9 S LaRon Landry
    Falcons could use a WR but do not need another speedster, so look for them to stay in the south, SEC, the Tiger or Gator? Tiger gets the edge here.

11 San Francisco 49'ers 7-9 S Reggie Nelson
    Look for Mike Nolan to go with what he knows, D. Alex Smith would love a WR but Nelson and Hall will battle it out for this pick. Reggie Nelson will be what the 49ers need hard hitter behind Lawson.

12Buffalo Bills 7-9 DE Adam Carriker
    Bills went D last year. Quinn is tempting. Look for them to try and cover up the McCargo pick with the versatile Adam Carriker. Help along side Evans could also be looked at here, Ginn? Could look to move from this spot but as shown with last years 8 pick they will most likely stay! Bills could be a team that reaches on a Staley or Blalock.

13 St. Louis Rams 8-8 LB Patrick Willis
    D seems to be the trend of the first round this year! Rams will keep that trend going, a LB that is always around the ball, Willis will bring much needed help to that area.

14 Carolina Panthers 8-8 QB Brady Quinn
    Quinn is off the board. Panthers will take him and waste no time. They have the ability to sit him a year behind Delhome who is wearing out his welcome in Carolina. WR will be looked at later for their future Offensive leader.

15 Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8 LB Paul Posluszny
    Makes sense and a good spot to add local kid and hard nose player, just right for the Steelers LB Paul Posluszny, Pitt needs to get back to being physical on the D side of the ball.

16 Green Bay Packers 8-8 RB Marshawn Lynch
    Packers will break the D trend. With Brett coming back they will look to give him some weapons, and Lynch is the top playmaker on the board and can help them for a long time to come!

17 Jacksonville Jaguars 8-8 CB Leon Hall
    Jags could go in a few directions. With no impact QB left at this point, look for them to add depth to what they are known for defense. A playmaker along side Mathis would be nice a safety even nicer but Hall will be good for the Jags. I did forget about Hughes who could be a speedster in the secondary here as well.

18 Cincinnati Bengals 8-8 DE Gains Adams
    They have the offense so D will be addressed. A player that will hopefully stay out of jail and could be a steal at this point Gains Adams brings them a young edge rusher. Justin Smith could leave so it is good that Adams falls to them.

19 Tennessee Titans 8-8 WR Dwayne Bowe
    Titans will give Young people to throw to. WR at this point makes the most since, Bowe is the safe pick, could look to stretch the field with Rice but Bowe is the wide out ready to play.

20 New York Giants 8-8 CB Darrelle Revis
    Could look to add a WR but Ginn and Rice donít seem to fit, and reaching would not be good at this point. Safety and CB will be looked at, Giants go with the CB to compliment their pass rush, take the fast, athletic Revis.

21 Denver Broncos 9-7 DE Quentin Mosses
    Mosses, Moss, and Abiamir are all possible here. Give Cutler some weapons, Ginn, Irons, Olson? Broncos go with Mosses for the win.

22 Dallas Cowboys 9-7 Griffin or Staley
    With no coach yet and no idea of what direction they will go in, at this moment insert S Michael Griffin or OT Joe Staley.

23 Kansas City Chiefs 9-7 WR Robert Meachem
    A young big WR could be just what the Chiefs need. Robert Meachem has what it takes to takes to crack the line up and bring some help down field. DT could also get a look here.

24 New England Patriots (f/SEA) 9-7 WR Sidney Rice
    Nice place for the Pats to add some much needed help. Do they reach for speed, I think they will go with the size and Rice. Jackson and Rice could be very potent if they play anywhere near their potential. Gonzales could be here if he has a good combine.

25 New York Jets 10-6 RB Kenny Irons
    Jets look to try and solidify the backfield and grab the Iron man. Safety and CB could be looked at here but Irons is to good to pass up at this point.

26 Philadelphia Eagles 10-6 TE Greg Olson
    I think this is a spot were you could see the first TE go. Ginn is tempting but they have that in Stallworth, Greg Olson could stretch the middle. A WR in a TE body, McNabb would love this big target. A LB could as well fit what the Eagles are looking for.

27 New Orleans Saints 10-6 LB Lawrence Timmons
    Saints need defense bad. Secondary needs depth but at this point they could go for a young athlete with potential. Timmons fits the bill; Beason could get a look as well.

28 New England Patriots 12-4 S Michel Griffin
    Samuel is a FA Harrison is aging and injury prone so look for Michel Griffin to land here.

29 Baltimore Ravens 13-3 DE Jarvis Moss
    The Ravens love D, at this spot there is a player they can mold to fit what they need. The next Thomas might be a little much to say but the Ravens will be glad to have this athletic pass rusher.

30 San Diego Chargers 14-2 WR Ted Ginn Jr
    Now I know you have to be thinking Ginn is still on the board? You are crazy no, Holms sliped last year and at 30 Ginn will find a home. The Chargers will grab this speedster to add to their arsenal. They have the tall big WR and TE add Ginn, Rivers has to be drooling, deep threat that could make this offense the best in the league.

31 Chicago Bears 13-3 TE Zach Miller
    Bears need to do something to jump start their offense, depending on what happens with Jones I think the Bears will grab a big target for Rex to hit over the middle Miller slides right in.

32 Indianapolis Colts 12-4 CB Paul McCauley
    Colts look to have what it takes on the offensive side of the ball for a few years to come. At 32 they will be happy to add a CB with the ability to become a top corner; McCauley is in the right spot and can help along side Harper.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 02-06-2007 at 06:57 PM.
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Yea, Crennel is a defensive man.

But, how does that effect Savage?

Crennel doesn't draft the players.

Anywho, Brady Quinn would be an absolutely horrid pick. Adrian Peterson would be a bad pick as well. Alan Branch would be a safe pick considering that Joe Thomas is gone though.

I have no problem with the pick. The problem I have is your explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown

Anywho, Brady Quinn would be an absolutely horrid pick. Adrian Peterson would be a bad pick as well. Alan Branch would be a safe pick considering that Joe Thomas is gone though.

Not so harsh dawg, he obviously put quite an effort into this mock. I personally don't care much for the Jaguars pick, and I don't understand what Charles Johnson has done too fall out of the 1st round. I also have issues with a few other picks but overall I think he did a good job.
    Eric Weddle S Utah

Sorry about that, see what you mean I was all over the place there.

#85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF

Quote Originally Posted by lord_helmet
    Not so harsh dawg, he obviously put quite an effort into this mock. I personally don't care much for the Jaguars pick, and I don't understand what Charles Johnson has done too fall out of the 1st round. I also have issues with a few other picks but overall I think he did a good job.
    I'm not being harsh.

I'm letting him know that the pick is fine but the reasoning he gives is not. His reasoning makes it sound like Quinn or Peterson would be a great choice but that Crennel is a defensive coach, therefore 'Crennel' will pick Alan Branch. I just let him know that Crennel does not pick the players for the Browns. Phil Savage is the one that does.

Quentin Moses has been in free fall. He would need a monster combine/pro day to get back into the 1st round.

Gaines Adams is not going to fall past the steelers, they need an outside pass rusher.

Levi Brown in the top 5 seems like a reach, but it is a big need for the cardinals so not impossible.

I totaly agree with Quinn falling, I see him as an option with the panthers and the jaguars.

Quote Originally Posted by gyldenlove
    Quentin Moses has been in free fall. He would need a monster combine/pro day to get back into the 1st round.

Gaines Adams is not going to fall past the steelers, they need an outside pass rusher.

Levi Brown in the top 5 seems like a reach, but it is a big need for the cardinals so not impossible.

I totaly agree with Quinn falling, I see him as an option with the panthers and the jaguars.
    Actually, I like what you said here except for one thing: I don't believe Quinn could go to Panthers. Delhomme is still young and although it's been a bad year for him, they have no need for another QB.

i dont understand..

There is a Good chance he will be gone(joe thomas) if that were to happen.. i would think that it would be better for cleveland to drade down and get Levi Brown(SP) the guy from penn state .. they claim he has more chance of playing Faster and might be better..pick up a additional pick to help with the line..that would make more sense to me ...

Brady Quinn i wouldnt want either ..

But AP Injuries Aside the MAN IS A BEAST

i mean i dont understand .. please inform me Just who do you think will help cleveland...Aside from joe thomas..

I know if i had the chance at alan branch, AP, any of the top defensive lineman ..i would be doing back flips
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy
    i dont understand..

There is a Good chance he will be gone(joe thomas) if that were to happen.. i would think that it would be better for cleveland to drade down and get Levi Brown(SP) the guy from penn state .. they claim he has more chance of playing Faster and might be better..pick up a additional pick to help with the line..that would make more sense to me ...

Brady Quinn i wouldnt want either ..

But AP Injuries Aside the MAN IS A BEAST

i mean i dont understand .. please inform me Just who do you think will help cleveland...Aside from joe thomas..

I know if i had the chance at alan branch, AP, any of the top defensive lineman ..i would be doing back flips
    I am just fine with the idea of trading down and gathering picks and one of those being Levi Brown. The more the merrier. Peterson may be a beast but I would not feel comfortable with him because the offensive line is a major problem and given his injury concerns putting him behind a horrid offensive line isn't a great idea as he wouldn't last very long. If the line were better, sure decent pick. But the offensive is now being coached by one of the worst in the business and is very ragtag. The line can't even protect Frye nor open holes for Droughns. What makes anyone think they would magically do so for Peterson?

If Lynch, Brown, Carriker, and Okoye are gone, I say trade out of the first.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Quote Originally Posted by chickennob2
    If Lynch, Brown, Carriker, and Okoye are gone, I say trade out of the first.
    I think Nelson, Landry, and Staley would be solid in that area as well. If all seven are gone, then yeah, trade out.

"18 Cincinnati Bengals 8-8 DE Gains Adams
    They have the offense so D will be addressed. A player that will hopefully stay out of jail and could be a steal at this point Gains Adams brings them a young edge rusher. Justin Smith could leave so it is good that Adams falls to them."

There is no way Adams will slip past the top ten, unless he does horrid at the combine. He will probably never get passed Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies24
    "18 Cincinnati Bengals 8-8 DE Gains Adams
    They have the offense so D will be addressed. A player that will hopefully stay out of jail and could be a steal at this point Gains Adams brings them a young edge rusher. Justin Smith could leave so it is good that Adams falls to them."

There is no way Adams will slip past the top ten, unless he does horrid at the combine. He will probably never get passed Washington.

I don't think Adam will fall past #6.

In the above draft, Levi Brown is listed as going #5 to the Cards. He won't go anywhere near that early. At that position in the draft the Cards will pick defense and go Anderson or Gaines, not bad.

Tony Ugoh from Arkansas will go before Brown will.

I can totaly see Adams going at 6 in place of Anderson after the combine.
    Ugoh could go before Brown but at this point Levi is the 2nd lineman to go in my mind, had a good senior bowl and impressed a lot of people.
    Things will definitly shake up after the combine and when you are able to get a better read on what teams will be shooting for.

#85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF

The reason I think Ugoh will go before Brown is that some are starting to look at Brown and say that he is as good as he is going to get (which is pretty good), but Ugoh is very athletic and has a great upside. He will show this upside at the combine.

I've heard him called the best athlete pound for pound in the draft, and he's 305 - thats a lot of athletic ability!