Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey
    He is in no way heads and shoulders above Lynch. I disagreed when you said it before, and I still disagree now that you reworded it. It's definitely arguable that he's better, but the comparison to Bailey vs other CBs is way off. The guy isn't nearly as dominant as you're making him out to be.
    You are right, he is way better than I am making him out to be. There is a reason he will still go in the top 10, and most likely the top 5, even after he has taken a ton of injuries. Just watch some of his videos on youtube. The guy has every dimension of running. He is a power runner, finess runner, and speed runner. There are not many like that out there. You will probably find a lot of better receivers, but its the RB. If he where to come to the Broncos, he wouldn't get many receptions anyways. I don't get how you guys can even be thinking that Lynch is anywhere near Petersons level.

LOL, Terrel Davis got caught from behind many times, and either one of these guys will be lucky to even be mentioned in the same breath as him. The ability to outrun DBs with 4.3 40s isn't necessary to be great.
    That's why i said Marhawn Lynch
    [center][IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5443/skinnyipodwth7.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/lijicons101/done.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]Sig by Sn@p[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    I also saw someone say that denver succeeds with an elusive back more than a power back. For one, we would dominate with LJ any day. Secondly, have you actually watched AD play? He is just as much an ellusive runner as he is a power runner. The only difference when comparing him to someone like Reggie Bush or Marshawn Lynch, is that AD always goes forward and doesn't try to outrun guys by going back around them. That is something that will be much more recognized in the pros. He already does it so it won't need to be taught to him. Just look how that translated for Bush this season.
    I don't think for a moment that TD was an "elusive" type back as mentioned earlier. I remember him as being a slashing runner who ran very hard,
    a tremendous competitor who ran with heart. He really was somewhat like AD,
    but not with ADs raw speed and sheer athleticism.
    Don't know much about Lynch. You say he's comparable to Bush, who has turned out to be far more of a WR than a running back in the NFL ? Thing about Bush,
    when he does take a handoff he bounces everything outside and has a total aversion to running inside the tackles. Is Lynch like that to, or will he stick his
    head into it and try to move the pile up the middle if the situation calls for it ?
    If he's like Bush, he's a dancer but I've read where Lynch instead is described as a good fit for a ZB scheme where the back takes one cut and scoots ? Reconcile that.

You are right, he is way better than I am making him out to be. There is a reason he will still go in the top 10, and most likely the top 5, even after he has taken a ton of injuries. Just watch some of his videos on youtube. The guy has every dimension of running. He is a power runner, finess runner, and speed runner. There are not many like that out there. You will probably find a lot of better receivers, but its the RB. If he where to come to the Broncos, he wouldn't get many receptions anyways. I don't get how you guys can even be thinking that Lynch is anywhere near Petersons level.
    I don't get how you can even be thinking Peterson is out of Lynch's league. They just have different styles of running.

I'd take Peterson any day if the cost was the same. AP is a power back like LJ and would dominate in our system.

We should just trade back and pick up as many picks as possible next year. That way we can trade up in 08 and get McFadden who would own in our system.

Whaooooo

Quote Originally Posted by jb_edson81
    I'd take Peterson any day if the cost was the same. AP is a power back like LJ and would dominate in our system.

We should just trade back and pick up as many picks as possible next year. That way we can trade up in 08 and get McFadden who would own in our system.
    McFadden....yer gettin into the bigtime now! i don't even wanna think about that kid in denver. Actually i do.
    [center][IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5443/skinnyipodwth7.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/lijicons101/done.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]Sig by Sn@p[/CENTER]

Okay, this is just silly. The guy has terrible running technique, and only average vision. He has incredible physical abilities, and those abilities allow him to dominate on the college level, but if he comes to the NFL and plays like he does now he'll get destroyed. If he stops running like he does now (as in running high, and running with little refined body control), and can kick the injury bug he'll be a great one. He has some serious question marks though, as many if not more than Lynch.

Okay, this is just silly. The guy has terrible running technique, and only average vision. He has incredible physical abilities, and those abilities allow him to dominate on the college level, but if he comes to the NFL and plays like he does now he'll get destroyed. If he stops running like he does now (as in running high, and running with little refined body control), and can kick the injury bug he'll be a great one. He has some serious question marks though, as many if not more than Lynch.
    How is his technique bad? I really just don't get this at all. It is a bad technique to run over 3 people and juke 4 more on the way to the endzone? It is bad to just completely outrun everyone because they can't touch you?

Seriously though, he has far better technique than Bush did or Lynch does. Peterson ALWAYS runs downhill and never goes backward to try to run around defenders. That is a huge difference between Lynch and Peterson. Peterson already runs like an NFL back and makes sure to always be moving forward. Just watch all of his videos, I will guarantee you that you never see him go back to get around defenders like most fast backs will do in college. He is a physical beast and he runs the exact style you need to be good in the NFL.

I don't know what players you all have been watching, but when you get those "ellusive" backs out of college, they have had a huge bust rate. The guys that try to evade everyone, are the guys that usually don't make it in the NFL or are the guys that have to take a couple years and change their style. Not guys that run like Peterson.

Agreed. Plain and simple.

He is in no way heads and shoulders above Lynch. I disagreed when you said it before, and I still disagree now that you reworded it. It's definitely arguable that he's better, but the comparison to Bailey vs other CBs is way off. The guy isn't nearly as dominant as you're making him out to be.
    as a runner, yes he is heads and shoulders above Lynch

he is just a flat out beast, and unfortunatly out of our reach

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DancingHorsey

as a runner, yes he is heads and shoulders above Lynch

he is just a flat out beast, and unfortunatly out of our reach

Agreed. Plain and simple.

No way does he have bad technique. He does run a little tall, but that worked for ****erson, didn't it?? He runs high, and people still bounce off of him.

It's unfair for anyone to say that Lynch is the better receiver "hands down". Peterson showed very good hands. The fact is that his freshman year OU had so many good receivers(3 of which started in the NFL this season) and ran so well that they didn't have to throw to him much. They worked that into the scheme this year and he did very well.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg

Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Okay, for those of you who don't think he has bad technique, I don't really know what to say. He runs completely out of control, and leaves himself open to big hits all the time. He has just as much of a tendency to dance in the backfield as Lynch, though I don't think either is that bad about it. As far as Lynch being the better receiver, that's just plain obvious. The guy is virtually a WR when going out for a pass.

You people can keep blathering on about how much better he is than Lynch, but there is absolutely no evidence that he's head and shoulders above Lynch. In fact, if you look at the stats, it just doesn't look that way at all. Lynch has a better YPC avg, better receiving stats, and overall stacks up fairly well against Peterson. Admittedly, Peterson's a more physical back than Lynch (though Lynch is not the finesse guy people are making him out to be), and he's a tad bit faster I believe. The thing is speed and power are not the end all be all of being a running back. Of course this is all just a matter of opinion, so whatever.

First of I'd like to say that I do think AD is a better fit for our team than Lynch. Also I think he is a better running back than Lynch right now and that could change but if it were me I'd go after AD. BUT in my opinion I would support either one once they are on our team. I would support a 7th round running back on our team if he shows that he wants to be the best. I really enjoy how all of you are love Peterson and hate Lynch or the other way around because come week 1 you will be hoping that if one of these guys are on our team they become the best running back in the NFL and say Lynch or Peterson break out for 150 yds, 2 TDs week one you will be loving it and cheering for joy and writing on these threads about how great that RB is.

P.S. - I really like Dwayne Wright, Brandon Jackson, or Michael Bush as future prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch14
    First of I'd like to say that I do think AD is a better fit for our team than Lynch. Also I think he is a better running back than Lynch right now and that could change but if it were me I'd go after AD. BUT in my opinion I would support either one once they are on our team. I would support a 7th round running back on our team if he shows that he wants to be the best. I really enjoy how all of you are love Peterson and hate Lynch or the other way around because come week 1 you will be hoping that if one of these guys are on our team they become the best running back in the NFL and say Lynch or Peterson break out for 150 yds, 2 TDs week one you will be loving it and cheering for joy and writing on these threads about how great that RB is.

P.S. - I really like Dwayne Wright, Brandon Jackson, or Michael Bush as future prospects.
    I wouldn't mind either of them if we got them. All of my posts are just pointing out that Peterson is better and shouldn't have his due credit taken away. I really don't care who we get, I will support them as long as they don't piss off other people on the team and play hard. I would actually prefer one of these defensive ends in the draft and I really don't want to trade extra picks to get any of these backs.