Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    calibroncogrl47 Guest

Javon doing better...

Posted on the Denver post yesterday in another article!

Friends say Walker's spirits have improved in recent weeks following the shooting death of teammate Darrent Williams on Jan. 1. Walker was sitting next to Williams in a limousine at the time.

I'm so glad to hear he is doing better. I could not imagine going through what he has...A loss of not only a teammate but a friend right in from of you!...

Here's to a lot of healing for Javon and the Bronco Nation!
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

I sat next to Javon a few weeks ago flying from Philly to Houston. He was one of the most polite, nicest and down to earth athletes I've ever met.

The funny thing is he is someone I wouldn't have recognized unlike an Elway or TD, so I had no idea who he was; I just thought he was some rich kid flying home or back to school. We started talking and I had asked him if he was flying home to Houston which he replied no he was visiting family in Houston that he lived in Denver. Of which I replied "Are you a Broncos Fan"? He said yes, most definitely.

It wasn't until about an hour or so into the flight that our conversation led to him telling me he was Javon Walker at which point of course I felt like an idiot for asking him if he was a Denver fan. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Looks
    I sat next to Javon a few weeks ago flying from Philly to Houston. He was one of the most polite, nicest and down to earth athletes I've ever met.

The funny thing is he is someone I wouldn't have recognized unlike an Elway or TD, so I had no idea who he was; I just thought he was some rich kid flying home or back to school. We started talking and I had asked him if he was flying home to Houston which he replied no he was visiting family in Houston that he lived in Denver. Of which I replied "Are you a Broncos Fan"? He said yes, most definitely.

It wasn't until about an hour or so into the flight that our conversation led to him telling me he was Javon Walker at which point of course I felt like an idiot for asking him if he was a Denver fan. LOL.
    Thanks for posting this.
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

That's really cool. I appreciate your taking the time to post that, I've been wondering how he's doing lately.

thanks for sharing that post.

Yea Javon is a way cool guy.
    I met him in June of this year.
    He was going in the elevator with some people and I went to take a picture but my camera was acting up .

The Elevator doors were shutting and he opened them back up so i could take the pic. Very good Gesture on his part, and im glad hes doing better.

He seems like a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
    I met him in June of this year.
    [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbloke

funny stuff
    June of last year

i 4got its 2007

Yes, he seemed to be in good spirits but obviously healing from a traumatic event such as that is going to take some time and I'm sure he has up and down days.

I really can't elaborate enough on how down to earth he is. In this day and age when most athletes are portrayed as spoiled, over paid, obnoxious prima-donnas it was truly a breath of fresh air to meet a player of his caliber that didn't fit that bill whatsoever.

We talked about a lot of different things outside of football but the most interesting was his take on the Plummer/Cutler controversy.

I still can't believe I asked him if he was a Broncos fan. LOL

We talked about a lot of different things outside of football but the most interesting was his take on the Plummer/Cutler controversy.

Oh please do share, please.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Oh please do share, please.

Basically in a nutshell he said Jake really struggled with coach calling the plays that unlike when Kubiak was calling them coach didn't want him to throw the ball unless the receiver was open whereas with Kub calling them, he'd throw it and let the receiver go up and get it. He said that was very frustrating for Jake and for him (Javon) coming into Denver this year it was hard because he was used to Farve putting the ball up and letting him go up after it.

He also said that if Jake didn't like a play that was called he would change it (regardless if the coach got pissed or not), afterall he was on the field and knew more about what was going on that say the coaches, however he said the rook (and he never once referred to him as Jay or Cutler) was too worried about pissing off the coaches to call a different play.

He did say the rook had a rocket arm, much stronger than Jakes though and that the rook is going to be a damn good QB!

Basically in a nutshell he said Jake really struggled with coach calling the plays that unlike when Kubiak was calling them coach didn't want him to throw the ball unless the receiver was open whereas with Kub calling them, he'd throw it and let the receiver go up and get it. He said that was very frustrating for Jake and for him (Javon) coming into Denver this year it was hard because he was used to Farve putting the ball up and letting him go up after it.

He also said that if Jake didn't like a play that was called he would change it (regardless if the coach got pissed or not), afterall he was on the field and knew more about what was going on that say the coaches, however he said the rook (and he never once referred to him as Jay or Cutler) was too worried about pissing off the coaches to call a different play.

He did say the rook had a rocket arm, much stronger than Jakes though and that the rook is going to be a damn good QB!
    Hahaha...

So it sounds like Javon is kind of on the Jake side of the debate, no?

Quote Originally Posted by evendelae
    Hahaha...

So it sounds like Javon is kind of on the Jake side of the debate, no?

That was certainly the impression I got.

Thanks man. That doesn't surprise me.

I felt like Shanahan really stripped Jake of alot of control last year, and whether it was justified or not, it certainly affected him.

I never did stop to consider that it was Shanahan calling the plays, and not Kubiack, and that's where Jake's relationship would have been with as an in game QB.