Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Woah Dude! Roomorez!

Houston Chronicle: "Thanks to Eugene for sending this trade rumor along. I'd heard a slightly different version of the same deal. I like this one better. The Texans would send the eighth pick of the draft to the Broncos for Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and the 21st pick."
    http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...airs_it_o.html

Houston Chronicle: "As the NFL combine heats up and so, too, do front-office types start to mix and mingle in Indianapolis, trade rumors regarding David Carr are picking up. The Vikings apparently are in the mix, as are the Broncos, and perhaps the Jaguars and Panthers."
    http://blogs.chron.com/lopezblog/arc..._fans_wou.html

Denver Post (scroll down): "The Broncos could have interest in New Orleans' Hollis Thomas or Chicago's Ian Scott at defensive tackle, and 2006 draft pick Chris Kuper could take over for Carlisle."
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5263046

Nashville City Paper: "Unrestricted free agency can’t come soon enough for running back Chris Brown, who fell out of favor with the Titans and to third on the depth chart behind Travis Henry and LenDale White last season... At the time, there was speculation that the Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets and Denver Broncos might possibly be good fits for Brown."
    http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=54714

I like all of it!

P.S. I know that the Brown fit thing was already posted, but I just threw it in there for the hell of it *shrugs*

I would love to see what Shanny would do with his first ever top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    I would love to see what Shanny would do with his first ever top 10 pick.
    Amobi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Amobi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unless he has a killer combine, he is not a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    Unless he has a killer combine, he is not a top 10 pick.
    I want some of what you're on.

I want some of what you're on.
    People hype him because of his age. When it comes to really getting him, teams will not care what his age is. He doesn't have the measurables, and hasn't shown the talent, to be a top 10 pick. Just because he is freakishly young, people are acting like that equals out to him lasting longer and being better. He won't last longer because he will take the same beating that everyone else does, he is just getting it a little earlier. If he put on about 20 lbs, I would love having him. We already have an undersized d-line and I really don't think getting another small DT is going to help that issue.

I would love for us to actually have a franchise RB, although in todays nfl where players demand 20 mil in guaranteed money before they even touch the field, I don't think it will happen. Plus Shanahans never drafted a RB in the first round. Maybe its a pride thing. Anyway, I'd be happy with the 8th overall pick.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3
    I would love for us to actually have a franchise RB, although in todays nfl where players demand 20 mil in guaranteed money before they even touch the field, I don't think it will happen. Plus Shanahans never drafted a RB in the first round. Maybe its a pride thing. Anyway, I'd be happy with the 8th overall pick.
    Where has anyone even mentioned a franchise RB in this thread?

Or are you just saying that you'd like to grab a first round RB, but it won't happen?

Where has anyone even mentioned a franchise RB in this thread?

Or are you just saying that you'd like to grab a first round RB, but it won't happen?
    Yeah, I was just saying I would like us to trade up to #8 and draft a RB that we think could be a franchise back for us, but going by our draft history and RB history it probably won't happen.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

denver trading for Carr?

Is that was is suggested here?

Quote:
    Houston Chronicle: "As the NFL combine heats up and so, too, do front-office types start to mix and mingle in Indianapolis, trade rumors regarding David Carr are picking up. The Vikings apparently are in the mix, as are the Broncos, and perhaps the Jaguars and Panthers."

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    Much as I'd like to, it's still hard for me to believe that Plummer and Bell add up to enough value to get us from 21 to 8. I also suspect that even if this trade happens, Okoye will be gone by the time we pick.
    I agree greatly on the value of the trade being unbalanced, and that the current reporting of the 1st round, Plummer, and Bell for the #8 spot is far undervalued from the Houston prespective. I also am very skeptical about the ability to move to Houstons #8 spot, but I do think Okoye will be around the #8 pick personally.
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 02-21-2007 at 02:42 PM.

The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Actually, the trade chart is just an indicator for teams, although it is widely respected and used. The value of Plummer and Bell won't be determined by a chart per se, but by Casserly, Kubiak and Smith. Ultimately, if the Texans feel that getting two starters and moving back #13 spots and still being able to get a good player is worth the #8 overall pick, it'll be done, but I really doubt it.

Are those three starters (assuming the #21 if in a trade became one) is worth more than an elite level player?

Maybe. . .

If I was a GM. . . ah. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Actually, the trade chart is just an indicator for teams, although it is widely respected and used. The value of Plummer and Bell won't be determined by a chart per se, but by Casserly, Kubiak and Smith. Ultimately, if the Texans feel that getting two starters and moving back #13 spots and still being able to get a good player is worth the #8 overall pick, it'll be done, but I really doubt it.

Are those three starters (assuming the #21 if in a trade became one) is worth more than an elite level player?

Maybe. . .

If I was a GM. . . ah. . .
    I doubt it happens like the rumors have said. IF they where even debating throwing the #8 pick in a trade, it will most likely cost us Plummer, Bell, #21 + either next years first or this years second. Maybe since we could get the Kubiak discout it would be this years third or something. I would bet that it is going to take a lot more from us to move to #8 than what all of these rumors have said. The rumors from the other day just had us giving up Plummer, Bell, and our second and we got the 8 and a player. There is no way that scenerio happens.

Maybe they mean a three way trade were we get Panthers first, texans get are first +tatum and plummer and panthers third, and the panthers get Carr and #8.

Not sure if it all adds up, but it is an idea. With the panthers first we could have a shot at many players: okoye, Lynch (which so many want badly), Landry, Nelson, or a top prospect if someone falls out of the top 10.

After releasing Al Wallace the panthers are still 1.4 mill over the cap. They want to redo Peppers contract. Either way they'll have to free up alot of money to get carr and sign a high pick....if that be the case.
    [center][IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5443/skinnyipodwth7.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/lijicons101/done.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]Sig by Sn@p[/CENTER]