Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I knew it!!

I knew it!!

Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Last Updated: 02/17/2007 10:14:55 PM MST

Heard an interesting scenario the other day: Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer could be joining coach Gary Kubiak in Houston.

The Texans are interested in Plummer. Whether through trade or release, Plummer is likely to end up with Kubiak. There is talk the Broncos and Texans will discuss a trade that would send Plummer, Bell and an early-round draft pick to Houston for the No. 8 overall pick and perhaps a player.

This scenario makes some sense. The Texans brass likes Bell, and he could help Houston. The Broncos are expected to look for a bigger back, and because they like the potential of Mike Bell, Tatum Bell could be expendable.

Denver will look into moving up in the first round as it did last year to take quarterback Jay Cutler.

The theme of Denver's offseason will be getting impact players through free agency, trades and the draft. The Broncos likely will consider drafting Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson or California's Marshawn Lynch in the first round if they have the chance.

Moving up to the No. 8 pick likely would be enough for the Broncos to get Peterson, who could be an instant superstar in Denver.

Who knows if this trade idea will have legs, but it could make sense for both teams.

Graham soon to be free

The Patriots' decision Friday to stick the franchise tag on cornerback Asante Samuel was surely noted at Dove Valley. The decision means tight end Daniel Graham will likely hit the open market. The only thing keeping the former University of Colorado star from free agency is re-signing with the Patriots in the next two days. That appears unlikely.

Graham will likely be one of the Broncos' top targets in free agency. He fits the impact mode Denver is looking for. He is a premier blocker and has good hands. He would be a perfect fit with second-year tight end Tony Scheffler.

Graham, whose family lives in Denver, would likely be open to returning home. Still, there will be a lot of competition for him. About a half dozen teams are expected to make an immediate push, but the Broncos could have the inside track, provided they are financially competitive.

Creditenver Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBalla2k5
    Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Last Updated: 02/17/2007 10:14:55 PM MST

Heard an interesting scenario the other day: Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer could be joining coach Gary Kubiak in Houston.

The Texans are interested in Plummer. Whether through trade or release, Plummer is likely to end up with Kubiak. There is talk the Broncos and Texans will discuss a trade that would send Plummer, Bell and an early-round draft pick to Houston for the No. 8 overall pick and perhaps a player.

This scenario makes some sense. The Texans brass likes Bell, and he could help Houston. The Broncos are expected to look for a bigger back, and because they like the potential of Mike Bell, Tatum Bell could be expendable.

Denver will look into moving up in the first round as it did last year to take quarterback Jay Cutler.

The theme of Denver's offseason will be getting impact players through free agency, trades and the draft. The Broncos likely will consider drafting Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson or California's Marshawn Lynch in the first round if they have the chance.

Moving up to the No. 8 pick likely would be enough for the Broncos to get Peterson, who could be an instant superstar in Denver.

Who knows if this trade idea will have legs, but it could make sense for both teams.

Graham soon to be free

The Patriots' decision Friday to stick the franchise tag on cornerback Asante Samuel was surely noted at Dove Valley. The decision means tight end Daniel Graham will likely hit the open market. The only thing keeping the former University of Colorado star from free agency is re-signing with the Patriots in the next two days. That appears unlikely.

Graham will likely be one of the Broncos' top targets in free agency. He fits the impact mode Denver is looking for. He is a premier blocker and has good hands. He would be a perfect fit with second-year tight end Tony Scheffler.

Graham, whose family lives in Denver, would likely be open to returning home. Still, there will be a lot of competition for him. About a half dozen teams are expected to make an immediate push, but the Broncos could have the inside track, provided they are financially competitive.

Creditenver Post
    I doubt that 8 will be high enough for Adrian. He is moving up on practically everybody's board. I'd be cool with Marshawn though.

MAN THAT WOULD BE AMAZINGgkjhsgjdagfshgdghsjafs

ADRIANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the problem with Daniel Graham.

We are not financially competitive.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    I doubt that 8 will be high enough for Adrian. He is moving up on practically everybody's board. I'd be cool with Marshawn though.
    Marshawn at #8 would be a HUGGEEE reach... Unless he climbs the boards at the combine

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    Here's the problem with Daniel Graham.

We are not financially competitive.
    Man we'll be fine... We're always in this situation this year and we find ways to be free agent competitors

If we land in the top 10: HOLY SMACK!!!!
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Quote Originally Posted by Nas
    If we land in the top 10: HOLY SMACK!!!!
    Reggie Nelson, Jamaal Anderson, LaRon Landry, Adrian Peterson, Amobi Okoye...

My God, so many possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Reggie Nelson, Jamaal Anderson, LaRon Landry, Adrian Peterson, Amobi Okoye...

My God, so many possibilities

Amobi Okoye or Reggie Nelson. Thats who I think we should get if we are there at that pick
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    If he slips by the Browns (as he should as they would be smart to select Alan Branch out of Michigan).

We should be pretty clear to number 8.

1. Raiders (LaMont Jordan and they have bigger needs)
    2. Lions (They are commited to Kevin Jones)
    3. Browns (Their RBs are pretty lacking, but they have far more pressing needs)
    4. Buccaneers (They have Cadillac)
    5. Cardinals (They got Edge)
    6. Redskins (They got Betts and Portis)
    7. Vikings (Chester Taylor was impressive enough and they have a bigger need at WR)
    8. Texans (badda bing)

The only problem I forsee is if the draft went like this:
    1. Raiders: JaMarcus Russell
    2. Lions: Joe Thomas
    3. Buccaneers (Win the toss): Alan Branch
    4. Browns: ?

Their two biggest need players are off the board, so what do they do?

Do they select Adrian Peterson? Trade back? And if they trade back, the new guy who comes into the picture might be interested in AP for that very reason.

Then again, what would we need for the Texans 8th overall pick?

Our first round pick, our original third, Tatum and Jake maybe?

I don't know.

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Marshawn at #8 would be a HUGGEEE reach... Unless he climbs the boards at the combine
    You're an exaggerator aren't you?

Man we'll be fine... We're always in this situation this year and we find ways to be free agent competitors
    Just think of the money the Pack will offer to have him as a weapon for Farve, compared to what we can realistically offer.

It really depends on "comfort level" vs. potential monetary gains.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

if we could do that trade with say our 2nd round pick or 3rd round from the skins id be all for it, 2 first round picks would be awsome, although if we did get the 8th pick and peterson was already gone i would hope shanny would be smart enough not to take lynch that early and either get another need like adams or branch or trade down a few spots with someone and get an extra draft pick and land lynch with the 12-13th spot, 8th is too early for lynch unless he blows the other backs away at the combine

For some reason, I've been having trouble finding that article on the Denver Post webpage.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    For some reason, I've been having trouble finding that article on the Denver Post webpage.
    http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_5251758