Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow thats fast!!!

I was just watching ESPN and they were talking about the 40 yard dash and how much of a big part of scouting it has become. They also showed a couple of 40 times from like 10 players not sure where they recorded but I'm sure they are legit times if they were posting them on ESPN and 2 guys really caught my eye of that list. Keep in mind that even though speed isn't all a football player needs it is a great help. First CB Josh Wilson was shown running a 4.24 which is amazing. He is listed at 5-9 187 which is similar to D-Will who before he played for the Broncos I thought if u were below 5-10 u wouldnt succeed as a top corner. I really hope we take a look at this kid in the Mid-Rounds. Also I hope it is for all the right reasons and not just because he reminds them of Darrent. The second player which really amazed me was Aaron Rouse who is listed at 6-4 221. They had him running a 4.36. Which I'm sure I don't need to begin to describe that is an exceptial speed for a cornerback let alone a 6-4 Saftey. I definatley think we should take a look at him in the second round. I have been very high on Meriweather this whole offseason and still think he would be our best option at saftey in the second round but Rouse is really climbing up my list.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch14
    I was just watching ESPN and they were talking about the 40 yard dash and how much of a big part of scouting it has become. They also showed a couple of 40 times from like 10 players not sure where they recorded but I'm sure they are legit times if they were posting them on ESPN and 2 guys really caught my eye of that list. Keep in mind that even though speed isn't all a football player needs it is a great help. First CB Josh Wilson was shown running a 4.24 which is amazing. He is listed at 5-9 187 which is similar to D-Will who before he played for the Broncos I thought if u were below 5-10 u wouldnt succeed as a top corner. I really hope we take a look at this kid in the Mid-Rounds. Also I hope it is for all the right reasons and not just because he reminds them of Darrent. The second player which really amazed me was Aaron Rouse who is listed at 6-4 221. They had him running a 4.36. Which I'm sure I don't need to begin to describe that is an exceptial speed for a cornerback let alone a 6-4 Saftey. I definatley think we should take a look at him in the second round. I have been very high on Meriweather this whole offseason and still think he would be our best option at saftey in the second round but Rouse is really climbing up my list.
    that is fast

40 times mean nothing on their own. I wouldn't get carried away if I were you. Running fast in a straight line doesn't really mean anything in terms of playing CB which is arguably the toughest position in football, and requires amazing all-around athleticism.

40 times

Why is becoming so popular to discredit the 40 yard dash?

If it's not of huge importance, why even run them?

Sorry people, I would have zero interest in a CB that runs a 4.6....

A LB that runs a 4.9....

How many great college players have there been that come into the league and find out that they are just too damn slow? 40 times matter much less in college than they do in the pros.

So until the rest of the times and info comes out, 40 times will be a hot topic. And deservedly so!

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed

A LB that runs a 4.9....

How many great college players have there been that come into the league and find out that they are just too damn slow? 40 times matter much less in college than they do in the pros.

So until the rest of the times and info comes out, 40 times will be a hot topic. And deservedly so!
    My point is that simply looking at a player's 40 time without knowing his overall abilities isn't very wise. I mean just because a guy can run fast in a straight line, doesn't mean he has the ability to be a good cover guy. The 40 has its place, but it has to be put into context with a player's other abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey
    My point is that simply looking at a player's 40 time without knowing his overall abilities isn't very wise. I mean just because a guy can run fast in a straight line, doesn't mean he has the ability to be a good cover guy. The 40 has its place, but it has to be put into context with a player's other abilities.

But why are we having this discusion? Not saying just you, DH....I'm saying that people seem to think that the 40 is just another stat. It's not, imo.

Besides, a guy starts a thread about someones 40 on a discussion board....Presumably to discuss it.

Not the importance of it!

I just don't get why it keeps coming up when a poster mentions 40 times.

But why are we having this discussion? Not saying just you, DH....I'm saying that people seem to think that the 40 is just another stat. It's not, imo.

Besides, a guy starts a thread about someones 40 on a discussion board....Presumably to discuss it.

Not the importance of it!

I just don't get why it keeps coming up when a poster mentions 40 times.
    It's something that helps in measuring a player, but it is probably a bit over emphasized.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

A LB that runs a 4.9....

would you take a WR who ran above 4.7? If you wouldnt think of the name aquan boldin.

I've heard it a million times....."You can't coach speed"
    [center][IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5443/skinnyipodwth7.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/lijicons101/done.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]Sig by Sn@p[/CENTER]

I'm much more interested in what a player does in the shuttle run.It's more important because it shows a players ability to change direction which factors in especially for a skill position.

fast

was that guy's time clocked by hand? because if it was clocked by a machine, we might have a new combine 40 yard dash record.

i think the 40 is emphasized just right. sure, there are players like boldin who it is dead wrong about... but the 40 is very important to see which players are just a big fish in a small pond, and those that can compete physically at the next level.

I want the Broncos to draft Rousse desperately....He would be a great 2nd to 3rd round pick. I think he could be like an Adrian Wilson type player who I think is probably the most underrated defensive player in the league..
    [COLOR=Orange][SIZE=3]"It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]R.I.P. Sean Taylor[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/williams_darrent_050928.jpg [/IMG] [IMG]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/lbwolf28/seantaylor-07-1.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by skinny®

Thats a lie, and I could find a site that proves it if you want. You can coach speed to a certain degree
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40
    would you take a WR who ran above 4.7? If you wouldnt think of the name aquan boldin.
    Ahh...take a look at this link, he ran it in 4.47 so your post is well, 4.7 seconds away from being a good one.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/boldin_anquan

Quote Originally Posted by skinny®
    This article says you can coach speed:

http://www.athletesacceleration.com/speed-coach.html
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29