Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bronco Players' State of Mind

This is so unfortunate that two Bronco players have fallen before the upcoming season. I hope all the players close to each other can bond together and make it through this.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Yeah these incidents should show people anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    This is so unfortunate that two Bronco players have fallen before the upcoming season. I hope all the players close to each other can bond together and make it through this.
    So do I. One of the few good things I was hoping to come from D. Williams untimely death was the team would galvanize behind the loss and use it to help them this coming season (I also hope more awareness about gang violence and how it does not only effect those involved in the "gang" life, will come out of it too).

When you deal with two losses such as this, sometimes it sucks the morale right out of you. I've seen it in the military before. I hope the team will use each other for support.

The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

The team will definetly come together. The loss of two are tragic, and I hope that the Broncos can channel their sadness.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

The players need each other now more than ever. Dealing with one loss is bad enough and now there are two. This will be a very emotional season.
    R.I.P
    #27 Darrent Williams
    #29 Damian Nash

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ucket/kobe.jpg
    Thanks MasterShake for the sig

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...anscottck7.png

The way I see it the team will either be incredible or lackluster.

Hoping for the former, expecting the latter.

Wow, this is so sad D. Will and Nash? how is this fair? i don't know how the broncos will react next season. i of course hope they will be great, but grief is such a hard emotion to deal with . i am speaking from the very recent experience of losing someone (who was very close to me) suddenly. My 16 y/o sis died in a car accident on 1-21-07. i was normally a very healthy, happy individual. but grief just hits you like a brick right in your chest. it can easily knock you down. God bless, Broncos. I hope you can rebound from these losses. i will still love this team no matter what their record is.

R.I.P Damien and D-Will
    Last edited by azBRONCOSaz; 02-25-2007 at 12:04 AM.

Adversity and loss builds character. Hopefully, this will make them stronger, as individuals and as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by azBRONCOSaz
    Wow, this is so sad D. Will and Nash? how is this fair? i don't know how the broncos will react next season. i of course hope they will be great, but grief is such a hard emotion to deal with . i am speaking from the very recent experience of losing someone (who was very close to me) suddenly. My 16 y/o sis died in a car accident on 1-21-07. i was normally a very healthy, happy individual. but grief just hits you like a brick right in your chest. it can easily knock you down. God bless, Broncos. I hope you can rebound from these losses. i will still love this team no matter what their record is.
    I am so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose someone so young. Prayers to you and your family.

I just heard about NASH.....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????!!!!! What happened? My heart goes out to him and his family. I cant believe what is going on.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

This is so saddening. Everyone had come to terms with D-Will & now Nash passes away at 24 years young.

I really feel for this team. It is going through some SERIOUS tough times. They'll stick together as a family & should devote every play to two of our fallen players.

[QUOTE=BroncoFaninMD]Adversity and loss builds character. Hopefully, this will make them stronger, as individuals and as a team.

I completley agree with the statement above when we're talking about an individual. The character that is bulit from these experiences is something that is developed over years not months. Even if a person can appreciate the fact that the loss has given them "character" it could never be as important to them as that person was.

The loss of Dwill showed that the Broncos are truly a team and care for one another, the truly sad loss of Damien will undoubtedly show us again that the Broncos truly cared for a member of their family, and they are indeed a family. Family needs to be together though and usually the times when they are truly need dont fall on O.T.A. days.

It pains me to say this but the loss of Damien might be the straw that breaks the camels back. Losing a friend is so hard losing another so soon after is nothing short of devastaing It's impossible for any group let alone a sports franchise to monitor the griefing process of a 100+ indiviudals. Especially when those indiviuals will be spread all over the country for the better part of 5 months. In about a month or two instead of holding one of the scheduled off-season workouts which are held numerous times. I would love to see Pat Bowlen and Mike Shannahan give the players two choices for those 4 to 5 days.

They can without fines or consequence choose not to be with team during these days, or they can join the team which will be taking a trip to an undisclosed location. This allows co-workers who happen to be players in a high-stress job the time to be together without that pressure. It by no means has to be one giant group therapy, but grief and sorrow don't always allow you to exercise them in a perscribed manner and I guarantee that the best healing a group of guys like that can experience together is something not planned, organized, or analyzed.

God Bless you Damien and Darrent, may the lord comfort and keep your familys close to his heart.

Next year the Broncos will be 11 players strong on the field, with the "12th man" giving all they can from the stands, and two very speical people watching from the best seats possible. No matter what that is a group that I'm proud to be a part of.

I can't believe it.

It's only now starting to sink in...I can't believe another Bronco is dead.
    And Nash was only here for a little while. Such a short while.
    He sure could run hard.

Unfortunately I didn't know very much about Nash as a person...but my prayers go to his family. This is hard.
    I pray that I don't have to add anymore Bronco families to pray for.

My 16 y/o sis died in a car accident on 1-21-07. i was normally a very healthy, happy individual. but grief just hits you like a brick right in your chest. it can easily knock you down.
    I'll be praying for you too, mate.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3rQfw0cAs]Darrent Williams Tribute Video[/url]

Logging on to the official site this morning and seeing this, the dates the same as Darrents, the background the same, my initial thought was there must be something wrong with the site and that the DW memorial interface had come up again, then I noticed it was a different name, Damien Nash. My heart sank and my eyes filled with tears. I couldn't believe that we'd lost another young talent within so short a time. My prayers are with his family, friends and the Broncos organisation.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by evendelae
    The way I see it the team will either be incredible or lackluster.

Hoping for the former, expecting the latter.
    Yes, but I do believe we will take it in a good way and have lots of fire going into the season winning it for both of them.

Most of the players form bonds on and off the field.
    This will be like losing a family member.......actually it is a Bronco family member for them.
    Most people always bounce back from deaths. Deaths are part of life.
    This will be just as tough to grieve as any family member death, but I expect them to bounce back from these sad deaths of Damien Nash and DWill.

What may help is this deaths happen at the end of the season and off season. There will be time to grieve and get better before time to report.

My prayers have gone out to the Nash Family and friends.
    May Damien Nash rest in peace.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster