Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The lack of coverage is disgusting.

On January 1st, 2007- No matter what sports channel you turned to, there was something about D-Willy. On February 25th, 2007- the only thing that may give you a hint that Damien Nash has passed would be the small message on the bottom right hand side. And now as I watch outside the lines the message isn't even there anymore. This is ridiculous.

-Ben

This is true, but not surprising. Had it been LT or LJ it would have been the one and only story. But since it was a little known backup that died in the offseason, they will all but ignore it.

It sucks. Last night I refreshed the ESPN homepage about 30 times for before a tiny article appeared. The BBC had a story faster than ESPN, SI, or FOX.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

It is true that there is a lack of coverage, and I was quite disgusted with the lack on Darrent. But I am not upset over lack of coverage of Nash for a few reasons:

He was a third string RB.
    He died after collapsing after a charity basketball game, not much to report on.

For Darrent, he died of a shooting, and it would be nice to find out more about things, but for Damien, not much to tell. For Darrent tehre was a lot more. SportsCenter gave Nash coverage and had a moment of silence for him, guess there's not much more to ask from on their part.

You can't expect much either, because really, only his family, friends, and us Broncos fan and some fans of other teams (not a great amount) really care that much.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

I know, it isn't even on the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    It is true that there is a lack of coverage, and I was quite disgusted with the lack on Darrent. But I am not upset over lack of coverage of Nash for a few reasons:

He was a third string RB.
    He died after collapsing after a charity basketball game, not much to report on.

For Darrent, he died of a shooting, and it would be nice to find out more about things, but for Damien, not much to tell. For Darrent tehre was a lot more. SportsCenter gave Nash coverage and had a moment of silence for him, guess there's not much more to ask from on their part.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. There really isn't much to tell other than he collapsed and died. I'm also not as disappointed in this as I was the lack of coverage on Darrent.

I'd actually like to commend "CTV newsnet" which actually had some coverage of the event.

I was really surprised when I saw it, as sports news from 'the states' generally doesn't make it up north, aside from scores and what-not!

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2
    I know, it isn't even on the bottom line.
    It was last night. I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. What is there to tell? He collapsed and died.

1. Death
    2. Taxes

It was last night. I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. What is there to tell? He collapsed and died.
    When a player dies it is a loss to the sports community. ESPN broadcasts events and stories from the sports community. When a part of the sports community dies, special attention should be given. A video biography of his career and life (doesn't have to be long) is what is expected by the fans. Some stories from his career and maybe some interviews is what we usually get when an athlete passes. Also usually some sort of montage is shown. Not even barely talking about it is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMarshall
    When a player dies it is a loss to the sports community. ESPN broadcasts events and stories from the sports community. When a part of the sports community dies, special attention should be given. A video biography of his career and life (doesn't have to be long) is what is expected by the fans. Some stories from his career and maybe some interviews is what we usually get when an athlete passes. Also usually some sort of montage is shown. Not even barely talking about it is just wrong.
    Dennis Johnson died, and he didn't even get that long of a tribute, they just discussed his life and career as an NBA player because he was a great player. They reported what happened, but they didn't give any video tributes or anything.

Damien Nash did not have that long of a career, and he wasn't a great player that will be remembered forever or anything.

While it is sad, I don't see the validity in complaining in lack of coverage, because there's not much to tell. He died after a basketball game, it's very sad that he died, but there's nothing to tell!

1. Death
    2. Taxes

My newspaper (largest one in Hawaii) didn't have one word on him.

Dennis Johnson died, and he didn't even get that long of a tribute, they just discussed his life and career as an NBA player because he was a great player. They reported what happened, but they didn't give any video tributes or anything.

Damien Nash did not have that long of a career, and he wasn't a great player that will be remembered forever or anything.

While it is sad, I don't see the validity in complaining in lack of coverage, because there's not much to tell. He died after a basketball game, it's very sad that he died, but there's nothing to tell!
    So you think that not saying a word about him is OK??

Guys... please calm down... don't take this out on each other.

Snk is just pointing out the reasons why there is little coverage...

We all wish there was more. I'd like to see a video memorial, and I think part of that is that I feel a bit guilty for not knowing him better.

Don't turn grief into anger... that seems where you guys are heading.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMarshall
    So you think that not saying a word about him is OK??
    But they did say a word.

SportsCenter reported that Damien Nash died after collapsing after a Charity Basketball game.

Also, it's on the ticker on NFL Network as well.

I'm just saying that hte lack of coverage doesn't disgust or surprise me.

1. Death
    2. Taxes

This is just so bad.