Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You guys are complaining that he's not getting media attention? Why?
    Becareful what you wish for.

Bring the Chargers back home to Los Angeles!

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    It was last night. I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. What is there to tell? He collapsed and died.

I have to agree with you, Snk.

...Don't mean to sound insensitive or disrespectful. Of course I feel bad for Damien's family. It's always an extreme tragedy to lose a loved one. I just don't feel like I know Nash the way I "knew" D-Will. It sure is a rotten streak of luck to have hit the team this offseason. But I won't be losing any sleep over this one.

Again, my condolences to Nash's family/friends. R.I.P.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

It was last night. I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. What is there to tell? He collapsed and died.
    I know. So you say that on the bottomline.

I know what you mean Snk.

This is a sad event. But there is no controversy so they're not going to keep reporting on it.

I saw the story on all the major websites, saw mentions of it on ESPN and NFL Network, and first saw it on the little blurb at the bottom right of ESPNews. There's not a lot more they're likely to do about it.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

It is true that there is a lack of coverage, and I was quite disgusted with the lack on Darrent. But I am not upset over lack of coverage of Nash for a few reasons:

He was a third string RB.
    He died after collapsing after a charity basketball game, not much to report on.

For Darrent, he died of a shooting, and it would be nice to find out more about things, but for Damien, not much to tell. For Darrent tehre was a lot more. SportsCenter gave Nash coverage and had a moment of silence for him, guess there's not much more to ask from on their part.

You can't expect much either, because really, only his family, friends, and us Broncos fan and some fans of other teams (not a great amount) really care that much.

The thing is, a couple years ago when the 49ers O-lineman (I forget his name, shame on me) passed away suddenly after the preseason game, it was all you heard about. I've heard NOTHING about Nash other than seeing it on the ESPN ticker. Granted, I don't have NFL Network, but on the normal sports networks (ESPN, FOX) there is almost nothing at all.

Really though, press really doesn't mean anything and it sure won't bring him back or ease the pain to his family and the Broncos family. Once again a family, this team, and this fanbase has suffered a tremendous loss with the loss of D-Will still heavy on our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2
    I know. So you say that on the bottomline.

I know what you mean Snk.
    It was on the bottom line last night. Unless I"m understanding what you're saying wrong...

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    The thing is, a couple years ago when the 49ers O-lineman (I forget his name, shame on me) passed away suddenly after the preseason game, it was all you heard about. I've heard NOTHING about Nash other than seeing it on the ESPN ticker. Granted, I don't have NFL Network, but on the normal sports networks (ESPN, FOX) there is almost nothing at all.

Really though, press really doesn't mean anything and it sure won't bring him back or ease the pain to his family and the Broncos family. Once again a family, this team, and this fanbase has suffered a tremendous loss with the loss of D-Will still heavy on our hearts.
    Thomas Herrion was his name. I don't recall that getting that much coverage actually...but it's probably my memory going out.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

I really dont think that you guys should be sitting here complaining about the coverage. A good person just passed away and you guys are worried about the coverage? He wasnt around long enough for anything to be spectacular but for 3 games he did play he did a damn good job and I was impressed. He would have been something big if given the chance. You guys need to look at who he was not only as a player but also as a regular pearson. They say the younger generation is involved in gangs, drugs and other bad things, but here we have a person who was doing something to make a difference in the world. And granted there wasnt enough coverage on the situation but it was pretty cut and dry. What else do you need? I personally think that we need more younger people in the world like Darrent and Damien. Give the man some respect and say your prayers and hopefully this streak of our Broncos passing away once a month will stop.

RIP Darrent and Damien.