Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dre Bly will fit in nice

To be honest now we have two Corners that have both been in Pro Bowls and thats not bad when you have the current best corner on your team as it is. I mean if you have the absolute best in the league and you have a pro bowler on the other side of him, that's just intimidating to any quarterback. The only thing that concerns me about this is his age, but that's more an issue in two years or so. Overall good, kinda sucks we lost a fifth round pick. Did we pick one up because on NFL.com it just says we gave up pick without getting one in return?Lets not forget Tom Brady went in the sixth round so these picks do matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    The real question is...

Is he better than Darren was?
    Yes, but (with all due respect to the late D-Will) that isn't saying a whole lot.
    Go Huskers.

Quote Originally Posted by kratos_godofwar
    Dre Bly is mostly a cover guy. He doesn't tackle much if you look at his stats, he has a lot of forced fumbles. He led the league once in INT's and made the pro bowl as a Lion. He goes great with Champ on the other side, he is a shut down corner whie Champ is an all around corner who can play all postions except the line man postions.
    You can't compare him and Champ b/c Champ can shut anyone down and will come up and knock your head off. Bly can cover and hopefully with Champ helping him, he will exceed our expectations of him. Maybe teach him to tackle also. We'll see how good he is when he guards Reggie Wayne or Harrison when we play the Colts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ECBronco
    You are right about the gambler, but man I hate the Deltha comparison. I think they are comparable athletically, but that's about it. Deltha has no heart, excels against inferior competition and will shy away from a challenge. Bly is a competitor and welcomes a challenge.

Honestly, I think a better comparison is Darrent (man I miss him).

I love the idea of seeing Bly and Champ lining up against the Colts next year.
    Damn right.

Hey, all you homers that flipped out over our two corners being rated 1 and 7 in DVOA! Detroit was 7th against no. 1's last year, and that was with an equally poor pass rush than Denver's. Not that really means anything, but hey, you guys were convinced before!

Bly has put up solid individual metrics over the last few years. He's a mammoth upgrade.

Hopefully Dre Bly will be as good as the last corner we got from Detroit( one Mr Ray Crockett)
    A Mile High Salute to the greatest Broncos fan of them all.Tim"Barrelman"McKernan,you have given us so many wonderful memories seeing you in the stands of all the Denver Broncos games over the years supporting the team that we all love

LETS WIN ONE SUNDAY FOR THE BARRELMAN! You will be missed

I think this shows that Shanahan may be very well interested in one of the FA RBs, or is interested in one of the top RBs in the draft. He's not going to put our season relying on Mike Bell... its just not going to happen. Not when we have the base for a VERY good offense next year. We add a stud RB, and we have the building blocks to have an offense again.

Tatum was the best runner we had last season, and he's out the door. The last time we traded a RB for a DB, we used our 2nd round pick to replace him. I think this year, we either grab a good FA, or we use our 1st on a top RB in the draft to add to Cutler, Walker, Marshal, and Sheffler....

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    The real question is...

Is he better than Darren was?
    Darrent Williams had more upside then dre bly could ever think of having. Bly isnt bad and probably is better than Dwill would have been this year but they are similar in size and ability. Darrent however never shied away from making a hit and even though he had a lot of balls caught on his side what do you expect with bailey on the other? I miss Dwill but hopefully bly will play well until one of our other DBs steps up ( looking at you foxy)

Lynch,

I saw some stats on cbssportsline.com.

Here they are for what they're worth:

3 Ints last year
    16 tin the previous 3 seasons

Career total 33 INTs

That's all I got.
    My 2011 adopted poster.........theMileHighGuyand CanDB and Freyaka

Adopted by: 100%Broncoholic, Thors Hammer and theMileHighGuy

just go here for his stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133227

The way I look at this situation is that Dre Bly is the caliber corner back who would be (and has been for most of his career) the #1 corner on the team. I think we are fortunate to have phenomenal #1 and one solid #1.

Quote Originally Posted by muse
    His nose is reaaaaaaally flat.
    But he can dunk the ball.

-----

Darrent could tackle,He ain't no d-will tho

Bly better not SUCK

You guys just make the corner look like they need to tackle we are so used to that idea just because we are now used to champ doing it. Bates loves cover corners who gives time to the front 7 to get pressure so this deal was a great deal because Bly is one of the best cover corners and all we can say now is what runningback is Shanny eyeing
    Season ticket holder since 2012